Selong Selo Resort & Residences - Kemah Luxury Tent
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Selong Selo’s luxury tents, the Kemah Collection, bring the comfort and amenities of a luxury hotel into the great outdoors. You now have the unique opportunity to experience the nearby thrills, sights and adventures of South Lombok and the surrounding beauty of nature, while not having to forgo comfort, style, first-class services and amenities in your plush accommodation.
A unique living concept, these glamorous tented villas integrate their natural surroundings with the ultimate luxury amenities. The Kemah Collection expresses a contemporary design language yet evokes a sense of camping in the wild (albeit in luxury). The beautifully designed Kemah villas are fully equipped with all modern facilities such as air conditioning, plumbing, luxury furnishings and fixtures. The spacious studio designs will have you enjoying the breathtaking views and sunsets overlooking Lombok’s most beautiful bay.
Sink into your plush bed as you take in the jungle views around, or dip a toe in your private plunge pool. Complete with hot water showers and an outdoor deck for evening chats, this is the last word in ‘glamping’ holidays. Perfect for those who wish to experience the joys of camping or safaris, without letting go of luxurious indulgences.
Selong Selo Resort & Residences is a hillside haven with an emphasis on wellness, adventure and world-class dining. A sanctuary in beautiful Lombok where you can let go and be looked after by the ever-smiling staff. Cocoon yourself amidst nature and witness its magic as you give in to its charms.
While staying at these luxury tents, you will also enjoy access to all resort facilities such as the ocean-view restaurant, lounge, BBQ area, spa, pool, room service, 24-hour security and shuttle service to the beach.
Note: Kemahs are located on a steep forested area of the resort. Entry is via pedestrian access only and requires guests to ascend and descend multiple steps on both entry and exit.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Selong Selo is located high up on the hills, with awe-inspiring views of the bay below. Its position gives you a bird’s eye view of the valley and the turquoise sea which changes colour as the day goes by. Down mountain roads, Selong Belanak Beach is a short 15 minute drive away and shuttle services make it highly accessible. The beach is lovely for a stroll, having been voted one of the best beaches in Asia, and is well known across the island as the best surfing spot for beginners. Either side of the bay are two reef breaks, Mawi and Serangan, ideal for intermediate and advance surfing. The international airport is at a distance of 21km. The estate’s secluded location offers tranquility and peace, with only village huts and local rural life outside its well-manned security gates.More information for Things to do
The team at Selong Selo has a wealth of knowledge about the area and its surrounds, where they can recommend activities to keep you entertained. A car and driver can be hired for the day (at an additional charge) or for shorter periods. Here are some exciting things to do:
- Lombok is all about surfing and Selong Belanak Beach is the best on the island especially for the novice surfer. This white sandy beach is the stunning 'necklace' you see from your villa. Complimentary beach shuttle transfers are available at scheduled times. It’s also a great place for catching a sunset or two, and a spectacular scene is set when lobster fishermen light up their boats under an already starlit sky.
- Picnics are the best way to enjoy a day out and Lombok offers you the option of picnicking on secluded beaches or amidst its tropical lush landscape. The team at Selong Selo can attend to all arrangements where advance booking is recommended.
- Surfing or paddleboarding lessons can be arranged with trained skilled instructors. Enjoy the surf and the sand, Lombok has plenty of both on offer.
- Love the local food? A private cooking class can be arranged either in-villa or at Aura Lounge & Bar. Some of the freshest ingredients from our 'Chef’s Garden' and local suppliers are used to create divine dishes where you get to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
- The southern coast of Lombok has abundant marine life. Plan a fishing trip where you can catch your 'fish of the day' and have it barbecued later. Team Selong Selo will make all the necessary arrangements.
- Make a beeline for the waterfalls up north. Located 50km away, Benang Stokel and Benang Kelambu boast 20-metre high drops where the adventurous can plunge into pools below. It’s a wonderful day out, with a picnic lunch thrown in for good measure.
- Gili Islands to the north of Lombok, known for their crystal clear waters and vivid corals, are unbeatable a snorkelling trip. Experience the sheer joy of witnessing the vibrant underwater world, an alternate universe. With schools of fish swimming by multi-coloured reefs, it can only be described as extraordinary.
- Its mountainous landscape makes Lombok a trekkers’ paradise, with plenty of paths meandering up gentle slopes. Serious trekkers can scale jungle-clad Mt.Rinjani, Indonesia’s second highest active volcano with a mesmerising turquoise lake at the summit.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
Shake off the stress of holiday planning. Let the Elite Concierge take care of all your bookings and arrangements, from transport, tours and restaurant reservations, to any special requests for your arrival. We’re here to make your holiday experience extraordinary.
- Writing desk with pool views
- Sofa seating looking out towards the ocean
- Air-conditioned comfort
- Indoor-outdoor living thanks to rolled-up canvas walls
- Private plunge pool
- Two sunbeds to relax by the pool
- Stargazing opportunities
- Outdoor deck with unbeatable views
- Swing seat for two, the recipe for romance
- Coffee table seating for two with ocean views
- King-sized, canopied bed for a good night’s sleep
- Mood lighting owing to lamps
- Ensuite bathroom with a shower
- Cabinet for storage
Each Selong Selo villa is self-catering and the two to seven-bedroom villas all have fully equipped kitchens for you to stir up your family’s favourite dishes. Concierge services can help with provisioning and get fresh produce and groceries delivered to your doorstep. However, you’re on vacation, and we are cognizant of that. If you just want to put your feet up and relax, you have the option of ordering room service wherein delicious fare will be delivered to your villa and you can enjoy it while watching the latest blockbuster (room service fee applies). Options include western classics, hand-tossed pizzas and local specialities like Nasi Goreng.
The estate’s restaurant, Aura Lounge and Bar, enjoys prime location on the edge of a cliff, with stunning views of the sea. The semi-alfresco pavilion is best enjoyed in the evenings, when a gentle sea breeze brushes by. Sit by the lawned gardens and gaze at the sky lit up with sunset hues. It is also a great place for sunset cocktails with your entire group.
For an indulgent experience, we can arrange for a chef to prepare a decadent meal for you in your own villa (extra charge). A barbecue if you prefer it, or a multi-course dinner, can all be arranged if requested in advance. With dining options aplenty, Selong Selo is great for long stays and vacations that seem to linger on forever.View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service