Selong Selo Resort & Residences - five bedroom villa
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Crowning the jungles of Jabon Hills in southern Lombok, the ultra-luxurious five-bedroom villas at Selong Selo have awe-inspiring views and jungle vibe with flora and fauna at your doorstep. From the lush green mountains to the deep blue sea, it is a kaleidoscope of colours that is sure to take your breath away.
These extraordinary villas are built on various levels, affording space and privacy to each guest. They have a mix of bed types, to suit groups of friends or large families. Nothing but the finest furniture and furnishings have been used for these sophisticated villas.
There is plenty of space for children to run around and play. Young adults will love the entertainment options which range from a fully equipped gym and large flat-screen TVs for binge watching.
The private infinity pools are sprawled across the deck, seemingly spilling over into the aqua sea beyond. Lawned terraces, alfresco dining areas and patios with cushioned chairs or sunbeds give a myriad of options for sitting back and enjoying the gentle sea breeze.
The villas are maintained by daily housekeeping services and are self-catering with modern open-plan kitchens. Dining options are aplenty, with room service on offer as well as an in-house restaurant, Aura Lounge and Bar, which serves international favourites with local twists. Shuttle service takes guests to the white sandy Selong Belanak Beach where you can enjoy a sundowner watching the lobster fishing boats turn on their twinkling lights as the sky goes dark.
The five-bedroom bespoke villas are the crowning glory of Selong Selo and offer a luxurious stay to large groups. They are ideal for wellness retreats or mini-corporate offsites with plenty of breakout areas around the property. Truly, the last word in luxury.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Selong Selo is located high up on the hills, with awe-inspiring views of the bay below. Its position gives you a bird’s eye view of the valley and the turquoise sea which changes colour as the day goes by. Down mountain roads, Selong Belanak Beach is a short 15 minute drive away and shuttle services make it highly accessible. The beach is lovely for a stroll, having been voted one of the best beaches in Asia, and is well known across the island as the best surfing spot for beginners. Either side of the bay are two reef breaks, Mawi and Serangan, ideal for intermediate and advance surfing. The international airport is at a distance of 21km. The estate’s secluded location offers tranquility and peace, with only village huts and local rural life outside its well-manned security gates.More information for Things to do
The team at Selong Selo has a wealth of knowledge about the area and its surrounds, where they can recommend activities to keep you entertained. A car and driver can be hired for the day (at an additional charge) or for shorter periods. Here are some exciting things to do:
- Lombok is all about surfing and Selong Belanak Beach is the best on the island especially for the novice surfer. This white sandy beach is the stunning 'necklace' you see from your villa. Complimentary beach shuttle transfers are available at scheduled times. It’s also a great place for catching a sunset or two, and a spectacular scene is set when lobster fishermen light up their boats under an already starlit sky.
- Picnics are the best way to enjoy a day out and Lombok offers you the option of picnicking on secluded beaches or amidst its tropical lush landscape. The team at Selong Selo can attend to all arrangements where advance booking is recommended.
- Surfing or paddleboarding lessons can be arranged with trained skilled instructors. Enjoy the surf and the sand, Lombok has plenty of both on offer.
- Love the local food? A private cooking class can be arranged either in-villa or at Aura Lounge & Bar. Some of the freshest ingredients from our 'Chef’s Garden' and local suppliers are used to create divine dishes where you get to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
- The southern coast of Lombok has abundant marine life. Plan a fishing trip where you can catch your 'fish of the day' and have it barbecued later. Team Selong Selo will make all the necessary arrangements.
- Make a beeline for the waterfalls up north. Located 50km away, Benang Stokel and Benang Kelambu boast 20-metre high drops where the adventurous can plunge into pools below. It’s a wonderful day out, with a picnic lunch thrown in for good measure.
- Gili Islands to the north of Lombok, known for their crystal clear waters and vivid corals, are unbeatable a snorkelling trip. Experience the sheer joy of witnessing the vibrant underwater world, an alternate universe. With schools of fish swimming by multi-coloured reefs, it can only be described as extraordinary.
- Its mountainous landscape makes Lombok a trekkers’ paradise, with plenty of paths meandering up gentle slopes. Serious trekkers can scale jungle-clad Mt.Rinjani, Indonesia’s second highest active volcano with a mesmerising turquoise lake at the summit.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Large living spaces showcasing glorious views, some with sunken cushioned seating
- Air-conditioned comfort, with the option to pull back the floor-to-ceiling doors for indoor-outdoor living
- Entertainment options may include a billiard table, well-equipped gymnasium, a media room, etc.
- Modern kitchen with a breakfast bar and stools
- May have wine coolers with bar seating
- Racy and eclectic art
- Enticing private infinity pools
- Large pool decks with sun beds and covered salas
- Lawned terraces with casual seating
- May have an outdoor barbeque area
- One of the villas has a trampoline for children
- May have a large rooftop terrace with unbelievable 360-degree views
- Some villas have a hammock patio, while other boast alfresco dining
- King-size beds, positioned to enjoy panoramic vistas
- Ensuite bathrooms with all amenities including a rain shower
- One of the villas features a master suite with an ocean view outdoor jacuzzi
- Ample storage and wardrobe space
- Floor-to-ceiling windows of sliding glass doors with gorgeous ocean views
- The guest bedrooms all have double beds which can be configured as twins
- The air-conditioned rooms are furnished with local artefacts and thought-provoking art
- Ensuite bathroom with rain shower
- Floor-to-ceiling windows with scrumptious sea views
- Some of the villas have a children's room with bunks beds (accommodating seven children), perfect for pyjama parties
- Ensuite bathroom with a rain shower
- May have informal seating such as bean bags
- May include a flat-screen TV
- Should you prefer a villa with bunk beds, kindly send in a request during reservation
Each Selong Selo villa is self-catering and the two to seven-bedroom villas all have fully equipped kitchens for you to stir up your family’s favourite dishes. Concierge services can help with provisioning and get fresh produce and groceries delivered to your doorstep. However, you’re on vacation, and we are cognizant of that. If you just want to put your feet up and relax, you have the option of ordering room service wherein delicious fare will be delivered to your villa and you can enjoy it while watching the latest blockbuster (room service fee applies). Options include western classics, hand-tossed pizzas and local specialities like Nasi Goreng.
The estate’s restaurant, Aura Lounge and Bar, enjoys prime location on the edge of a cliff, with stunning views of the sea. The semi-alfresco pavilion is best enjoyed in the evenings, when a gentle sea breeze brushes by. Sit by the lawned gardens and gaze at the sky lit up with sunset hues. It is also a great place for sunset cocktails with your entire group.
For an indulgent experience, we can arrange for a chef to prepare a decadent meal for you in your own villa (extra charge). A barbecue if you prefer it, or a multi-course dinner, can all be arranged if requested in advance. With dining options aplenty, Selong Selo is great for long stays and vacations that seem to linger on forever.View a sample menu