Villa Sammasan and Villa Napalai
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Set on a tranquil hillside above Surin Beach, Villa Sammasan and Villa Napalai are two ultra modern, private pool villas. Made up of four-bedroom Villa Napalai and three-bedroom Villa Sammasan, the complex can accommodate up to 15 adults comfortably, plus additional guests (extra charge). The villas are part of an exclusive private estate, offering high level of security.
Villa Napalai is the quintessential holiday villa with entertainment options aplenty. Four luxurious bedrooms are complemented by a host of facilities such as a well-equipped gym, a relaxing spa, a kids’ playroom, and a games room with a pool table and bar.
Right next door, and accessible via a common driveway, Villa Sammasan is great for young families and groups of friends. The bright and cheerful interiors instantly liven up your mood and set the tone for your holiday. Besides flaunting eclectic modern art, it also boasts a media room replete with a flat-screen TV, where you can enjoy a movie or the latest show.
Both the villas have spectacular sea views, which can be enjoyed especially from their infinity pools and master bedroom jacuzzis. Settle the kids down for dinner at the dining table or breakfast bar, and while the friendly staff serves them their favourite dishes, head to the pool deck for a sundowner. Spectacular sunsets serve as the perfect backdrop to light conversation, as you reconnect with your friends or family, away from the bustle of it all. The chefs at either villa are highly trained and can serve delicious Thai fare, as well as a range of international cuisines.
Book the two villas together to enjoy a tranquil Phuket getaway for your entire group. With plenty of room for everyone, lots of kids’ toys, and a host of private corners to retreat to, the combination of the two villas is the ultimate answer to accommodate everyone’s likes and dislikes. Click on these links to find out more about four-bedroom Villa Napalai and three-bedroom Villa Sammasan, and to see how the villas can be combined to meet your holiday requirements.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Villa Sammasan and Villa Napalai are part of the Surin Heights private estate, which comprises 10 luxury villas and a low-rise condominium. Built along the hillside at the end of the estate’s private road, the villas offer a full and majestic view of Surin bay on Phuket’s central west coast.
A five-minute walk down the hill takes you to Surin Beach, an 800m stretch of fine sand that has been cleared of all commercial activity and restored to its natural state. Take a longer walk down the road towards Kamala and find the hidden Laem Singh Beach, a small cove with lovely clear water for snorkelling. A few kilometres to the north is Bang Tao Beach, where part of the shoreline is lined with several Laguna Phuket resorts and their spas, water sports, golf, upscale dining and other leisure activities. Find sunset cocktails and the occasional DJ party at the sprinkling of beach clubs along the sand.
Surin is thankfully still resisting Phuket’s mega mall trend, but there are certainly some shopping treasures to be found here in the boutique clothing, art and gift shops in Surin Plaza and the independent shops along the streets.More information for Things to do
Your villa manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do ask about some of the lesser-known places and beaches around the island, if you fancy an insider’s view into local Phuket life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within easy reach of the villas.
- Take a cruise aboard a luxury yacht and discover the wonders and colours of the Andaman Sea. The towering karsts of Phang Nga Bay and the clear waters and white sands of the Raya, Similan and Phi Phi islands and more are all easily accessible.
- Keep cool and fit in the water with some windsurfing, kite surfing, sea kayaking, wakeboarding or stand-up paddling, or slip below the surface on a scuba diving or snorkelling excursion to explore the rich sea life.
- Delve into Phuket’s beach club and dining scene: decadent brunches, DJ dance parties, beachfront barbecues, romantic sunset dinners.
- Explore the streets of Old Phuket on a cultural walking tour. Find out about the island’s history beyond its beaches, take in the colour and beauty of the Sino-Portuguese style shops and mansions and sample the local eats that earned Phuket a UNESCO ‘city of gastronomy’ accolade.
- Learn the secrets behind making some of this exotic and flavourful cuisine by joining a Thai cookery class.
- Tee off tropical style at the Laguna Phuket Golf Club, Blue Canyon, Mission Hills or at one of the other golf courses in Phuket.
- Escape into the island’s diverse nightlife, from stylish cocktail and wine bars to waterside sunset lounges, and raucous nightclubs in Patong.
- Reconnect with nature in the island’s interior with elephant and horseback riding, ATV trail rides, waterfalls, jungle walks, the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project, zip-lining at Hanuman World, bungy jumping, agricultural tours and more.
- Indulge in some retail therapy at The Plaza Surin, Paul Ropp, boutique shops at Twinpalms and Amanpuri resorts and other shops along the streets of Surin selling arts and crafts, resort wear, gifts and antiques.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Large and bright living rooms
- Dining tables in each villa seat eight
- Sleek modern kitchens in both villas, including a breakfast bar in Villa Sammasan
- Villa Napalai has a study room with a TV and entertainment unit, as well as a work desk, while Villa Sammasan has a media room with a flat-screen TV, DVD player and a library
- Games room in Villa Napalai with a pool table, TV and a stainless-steel bar equipped with matching appliances
- Gymnasium in Villa Napalai equipped with a full set of free weights, cross-trainer, rowing machines and space for yoga
- Sea view pool terraces with sundecks, sunbeds and relaxation salas
- Two infinity pools
- Landscaped and private garden in Villa Napalai
- A built-in cooking area and decked outdoor dining area with a table for eight in Villa Napalai
- Spacious bedrooms
- 2 king-size rooms
- 3 queen-bed rooms
- 2 twin-bed rooms, one with a pull-out bed
- All the rooms are air conditioned and some have sea views
Villas' menu is a celebration of Thai cuisine with a good variety of dishes from the simple to the exotic, including some local favourites. A selection of western dishes may be prepared as well. From adventurous diners to those who like the comfort of familiarity, all meals can be discussed and planned in advance with the chef and adapted to suit all tastes and dietary requirements.
Guests are encouraged to meet with the villa manager and chef soon after their arrival to plan meals and discuss their needs. A day’s notice is ideal to give the chef sufficient time to buy groceries and prepare meals. Guests who wish to self-cater have the full western kitchen at their disposal, and are welcome to ask staff for help with the grocery shopping (charged at cost plus 20% service charge).
Prices for set menu meals are displayed in the villa menu while for individual dishes provisions will be purchased by the chef and charged to guests. Receipts will be provided either daily or at the end of your stay – as preferred. It is also requested that the chef be given a cash ‘float’ to cover grocery costs.View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service