The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
At the crest of its own private hilltop in the flourishing Bophut Hills of north-eastern Koh Samui, just 20 minutes from the airport, Panacea Retreat is undoubtedly among the most prestigious private villa retreats in Southeast Asia.
Five contemporary, Thai-inspired villas with sweeping panoramic views of the ocean, hills and outlying islands make up this exclusive gated community, serviced by in-house staff.
The crowning glory, Praana Residence, is the largest of the villas and stands tall at the summit of the hill. This palatial villa has six exquisitely furnished double bedrooms and extensive outdoor spaces including two infinity pools and terraces with 360-degree views of the valley below.
Not to be outdone, the other four villas - Avasara and Atulya with five bedrooms, and Kalya and Purana with four bedrooms each, share a similar layout and design, with 20-metre infinity pools, extensive terraces, living and dining salas, and sensational ocean views.
Sumptuously furnished living and dining pavilions with soaring ‘cathedral’ ceilings and wraparound terraces are designed for sunset cocktails, elegant parties and dinners under starry skies.
Panacea is an exceptional venue for large events. Praana Residence with its magnificent hilltop lawn and breathtaking backdrop can cater for up to 60 guests while the other villas can host 40 guests each. Together, Panacea’s five neighbouring villas provide a total of 24 double bedrooms for residential parties that carry on into the wee hours of the morning, accommodating more than 50 guests.
If you can tear yourself away from the luxurious comforts of your villa, you’ll find some of Samui’s famous beaches, such as Bophut, Choeng Mon and Chaweng, only seven kilometres away. With trendy restaurants and bars, exciting night markets and beachfront nightlife at hand, there is never a dull moment at Samui.
To find out more about Panacea and its five villas: Praana, Avasara, Atulya, Kalya and Purana, or to see how the five villas can be combined to meet your holiday or event requirements, visit the website.
Five Thai-inspired villas
Sweeping panoramic ocean views
A venue for large events
Spacious, contemporary design
Real time availability
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Book with Confidence & Stay SafeAvoid the crowds and book a private villa to holiday safely with your family. Elite Havens offers a booking credit if travel is affected by the coronavirus. Book with confidence, book an elite haven.We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario. So should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee to move your stay within 12 months of your check-in date, in the same villa, for the same number of nights and in the same (or lower) season. Valid for new bookings from 19 February 2020 onwards.Terms & conditions:
- Guaranteed booking credit conditions apply at the time of booking
- Large living spaces in all the villas, most with an open show-kitchen and some with a breakfast bar
- Contemporary Thai-inspired architecture and interior design with emphasis on natural fabrics and finishes, warm woods and Thai design accents
- Large flat-screen TVs
- Studies, libraries, children’s nursery and other facilities
- The villas have been designed to maximize on the spectacular views of the island’s north-east coastline and ocean
- Six infinity pools measuring between 12 and 25 metres
- Pool decks and terraces
- Luxuriant mature gardens
- Car parking
- Outdoor dining salas with barbecue facilities
- 6-bedroom Praana Residence has three master bedrooms with king-size beds, two deluxe rooms with king-size beds as well and a deluxe room with twin beds
- 5-bedroom Atulya Residence has two master bedrooms with king-size beds, three deluxe bedrooms with king-size beds
- 5-bedroom Avasara Residence has two master bedrooms with king-size beds, three deluxe bedrooms with king-size beds
- 4-bedroom Kalya Residence has a master bedroom with a king-size bed, three deluxe bedrooms with king-size beds
- 4-bedroom Purana Residence has a master bedroom with a king-size bed, three deluxe bedrooms with king-size beds
- Rooms are air conditioned and have bedside controls
- Large ensuite bathrooms, some with terrazzo bathtubs or rain showers
Located high in the lush green hills above Koh Samui’s popular resort of Bophut and charming Fisherman’s Village, Panacea Retreat is just a 15-minute drive from the island’s international airport and 10-15 minutes away from the white sandy beaches of Bophut, Big Buddha and the island’s main tourist centre, Chaweng.
All five Panacea Retreat villas have spectacular views over Samui’s north-east coastline and the Gulf of Thailand, to mystical islands such as Koh Phangan, popularly known as ‘Full Moon Island’, as well as Samui’s striking interior with its jungle-clad hills and dramatic waterfalls.
Circumnavigating Koh Samui by car takes just over an hour, so nothing is very far away. The main ferry port of Nathon, with connections to the Thai mainland, is around 30 minutes’ drive and the key jumping off point for boat excursions to offshore islands is a mere 10 minutes away at Big Buddha.
Panacea Retreat is a peaceful sanctuary far above the hustle and bustle of Koh Samui’s coastal resorts, and always ready to welcome you back.
Things to do
Although Koh Samui is renowned for its palm-fringed beaches and crystal blue seas, the island has much more to offer besides. Families on holiday with toddlers or teenagers, groups of friends looking for shared fun and adventures, or nightbirds seeking out the island’s best beach clubs, will all find plenty to keep them amused here. Just let your villa manager know what you’re looking for and he or she can make all the necessary arrangements.
In the meantime, here are some of our favourite Samui activities to give you a taste of what’s in store:
- Shopping for chic island fashions, souvenirs and local arts and crafts in Chaweng – a seemingly endless strip of shops, boutiques and the island’s main shopping mall along Samui’s most famous beach. Stop for a refreshing local beer and Thai snacks at one of a myriad restaurants and bars.
- The night market at Fisherman’s Village in Bophut is the scene of the island’s biggest night market. Every Friday evening and on certain holidays, literally hundreds of vendors set up shop to offer everything from Thai and international street food and snacks, to chic fashions, electronics and local souvenirs. The atmosphere is buzzing and an absolute must-visit for locals and tourists alike.
- Take a boat trip around the island and be amazed at how many beautiful beaches and coves you can count. Book a trip on the Naga or the Baidee - two classic Turkish gullets which ply the seas around Samui, alternating between tours of island and trips to the famous Anthong National Marine Park a cluster of heavy jungled islands and the clearest of seas for snorkeling.
- Book a round of golf at Koh Samui’s championship golf course; Santiburi (18 holes with distracting ocean views).
- Treat yourself to Sunday Brunch by the pool at the internationally famed Nikki Beach Club, or a close to home at Coast in the Centara Grand on Chaweng Beach.
- There’s a kite surfing school on the beach at Nathon where you can rent a rig or learn how to do it.
- Regular Thai boxing tournaments are staged at the largest stadium on the island, the Petch Buncha near Chaweng. These are not tourist demo fights; they are the real thing.
- Samui has a number of spectacular waterfalls. We would recommend starting with the Namuang Falls. Take your bathing costume; there’s a very inviting pool at the base of the falls.
- Have an adventure atop Khao Pom mountain on ATVs or the zipline, take a canopy walk through the rainforest, or just gaze out at the scenery below from the viewpoint.
- Spend some time at Samui’s iconic Big Buddha. Visitors arriving by plane are greeted by the sight of the great Golden Buddha sitting there majestically as their aircraft swoops into land. The island’s main tourist attraction occupies its own island connected by causeway, where a colourful collection of shops selling fashions and souvenirs, restaurants and nearby wats (temples) make it a must-see for visitors.
- Nature trails, elephant sanctuaries, a crocodile farm, tiger zoo and butterfly farm promise something to keep you amazed and entertained whether you’re young or just young at heart.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions