Panacea Retreat - Purana Residence
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
On a lush hillside on Koh Samui’s popular northern coast, this striking holiday villa in the exclusive Panacea Retreat gated community maximises breathtaking panoramic views from sunrise to sunset.
Purana means ‘stories’ in ancient Sanskrit – and it's just waiting for you to write your own memorable stories about this beautiful tropical island.
Through a large wooden gate you enter an astonishing living area with a soaring wood-lined, vaulted ceiling and glass walls running virtually the entire width of the villa – opening onto an expansive terrace soaking-up the view.
At one end is a lounge with comfortable sofas, easy chairs and wall-mounted TV surrounding a natural wood coffee table – tastefully decorated with contemporary ornaments and works of art. An eye-catching rectangular dining table takes center stage, served by a modern show kitchen with island bar for breakfast and casual meals, and built-in wine cooler.
Four ensuite double-bedrooms are on the pool and garden level, with king-size beds, bathrooms with rain shower, and in the case of the master bedroom, terrazzo bathtubs opening onto the pool. Pale woods and natural finishes and fabrics create a light, comfortable ambiance with tasteful occasional chairs and Thai art pieces. Flat-screen TV and modern AV accessories make each room far more than a place to sleep.
Beside the welcoming blue-tiled infinity pool, a swim-up bar with sunken stools adjoins the sala – where a dining table and cushioned seating is ideal for lazy lunches by the pool, resting in the shade or for your own private pool party.
Lying by the pool, sipping a cocktail under the stars or just gazing at the breathtaking views, your imagination is freed for your own stories to unfold in this gorgeous private retreat.
Spacious, contemporary design
Modern show kitchen with island breakfast bar
Tasteful furniture and Thai art pieces
"What a lovely holiday, the best ever. Thanks to your great team Bow, Noey and the others. They did a great job. All the details, the food, the rooms, the complete villa, the help with BBQ. Thank you so much.
Rates and Real time availability
- Stays of 2 nights or more enjoy 30% off from now until 17 December 2020.
- Stays of 3 nights or more enjoy 30% plus early check-in or late check-out, complimentary welcome amenities and a Thai family-style dinner.
- Stays of 5 nights or more enjoy 35% off, the inclusions above, plus a day trip to Pig Island and a complimentary one-way airport transfer.
- Stays of 7 nights or more enjoy all of the inclusions above, plus in-villa babysitting service, children's gift pack and complimentary roundtrip airport transfers.
- Additional discounts available for stays of 10 nights or longer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for longer stay prices.
At Elite Havens, we understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund. Terms and conditions apply. Book with confidence and stay safe, book an elite haven.
Terms and conditions:
- Valid for new bookings received from 27 August 2020 until 15 December 2020
- Valid for stays from 27 August 2020 until 17 December 2020
- Minimum stays of 2 nights
- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers
- Early check-in/late check-out is subject to availability
- Complimentary welcome amenities include a fruit and snacks basket, and an evening cocktail per guest
- One-time Thai family-style dinner per stay for all guests staying at the villa, excluding beverages
- One-time complimentary day trip to Pig Island for all guests staying at the villa
- One-time complimentary in-villa babysitting service for 8 hours
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 21-Oct-2020.
- The main lounge and dining area is serviced by a full-equipped open show kitchen for breakfast and socialising, located on the top level of the villa, overlooking the pool and views of the ocean and offshore islands.
- Contemporary Asian-inspired architecture and interior design with emphasis on luxury and comfort with natural fabrics and finishes, warm woods and Thai accents.
- Large flat-screen Smart TV in the main lounge.
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms, with beside controls in each room.
- The villa has been designed to maximize on the spectacular views of the island’s north-east coastline and ocean from every aspect of the villa.
- 20-metre infinity pool with mounted bronze sculptures.
- Pool deck and terrace with a variety of comfortable loungers and sun umbrellas.
- Outdoor dining sala with barbecue at one end of the pool with swim-up bar and pool stools.
- Luxuriant mature garden with palm trees and lawn.
- Car parking.
Master Bedroom 1
- Separate pavilion on the pool and garden level.
- King-size bed with views of the pool, ocean and offshore islands.
- Ensuite bathroom with rain shower, double vanity and terrazzo bathtub.
- Generous wardrobe space with personal safe.
- Smart, flat-screen TV and sound system.
- Fully-stocked mini-bar.
- Air-conditioned with bedside controls.
Deluxe bedrooms 2, 3 and 4
- Located on pool and garden level with shared covered terrace.
- King-size beds with garden, pool and ocean views.
- Ensuite bathroom with double vanity and rain shower.
- Generous wardrobe space with personal safe.
- Flat-screen TV, DVD and sound system.
- Fully-stocked mini-bar.
- Air-conditioned with bedside controls.
Located high in the lush green hills above Koh Samui’s popular resort of Bophut and charming Fisherman’s Village, Panacea Retreat is just a 15-minute drive from the island’s international airport and 10-15 minutes away from the white sandy beaches of Bophut, Big Buddha and the island’s main tourist centre, Chaweng.
All five Panacea Retreat villas have spectacular views over Samui’s north-east coastline and the Gulf of Thailand, to mystical islands such as Koh Phangan, popularly known as ‘Full Moon Island’, as well as Samui’s striking interior with its jungle-clad hills and dramatic waterfalls.
Circumnavigating Koh Samui by car takes just over an hour, so nothing is very far away. The main ferry port of Nathon, with connections to the Thai mainland, is around 30 minutes’ drive and the key jumping off point for boat excursions to offshore islands is a mere 10 minutes away at Big Buddha.
Panacea Retreat is a peaceful sanctuary far above the hustle and bustle of Koh Samui’s coastal resorts, and always ready to welcome you back.
Things to do
Although Koh Samui is renowned for its palm-fringed beaches and crystal blue seas, the island has much more to offer besides. Families on holiday with toddlers or teenagers, groups of friends looking for shared fun and adventures, or nightbirds seeking out the island’s best beach clubs, will all find plenty to keep them amused here. Just let your villa manager know what you’re looking for and he or she can make all the necessary arrangements.
In the meantime, here are some of our favourite Samui activities to give you a taste of what’s in store:
- Shopping for chic island fashions, souvenirs and local arts and crafts in Chaweng – a seemingly endless strip of shops, boutiques and the island’s main shopping mall along Samui’s most famous beach. Stop for a refreshing local beer and Thai snacks at one of a myriad restaurants and bars.
- The night market at Fisherman’s Village in Bophut is the scene of the island’s biggest night market. Every Friday evening and on certain holidays, literally hundreds of vendors set up shop to offer everything from Thai and international street food and snacks, to chic fashions, electronics and local souvenirs. The atmosphere is buzzing and an absolute must-visit for locals and tourists alike.
- Take a boat trip around the island and be amazed at how many beautiful beaches and coves you can count. Book a trip on the Naga or the Baidee - two classic Turkish gullets which ply the seas around Samui, alternating between tours of island and trips to the famous Anthong National Marine Park a cluster of heavy jungled islands and the clearest of seas for snorkeling.
- Book a round of golf at Koh Samui’s championship golf course; Santiburi (18 holes with distracting ocean views).
- Treat yourself to Sunday Brunch by the pool at the internationally famed Nikki Beach Club, or a close to home at Coast in the Centara Grand on Chaweng Beach.
- There’s a kite surfing school on the beach at Nathon where you can rent a rig or learn how to do it.
- Regular Thai boxing tournaments are staged at the largest stadium on the island, the Petch Buncha near Chaweng. These are not tourist demo fights; they are the real thing.
- Samui has a number of spectacular waterfalls. We would recommend starting with the Namuang Falls. Take your bathing costume; there’s a very inviting pool at the base of the falls.
- Have an adventure atop Khao Pom mountain on ATVs or the zipline, take a canopy walk through the rainforest, or just gaze out at the scenery below from the viewpoint.
- Spend some time at Samui’s iconic Big Buddha. Visitors arriving by plane are greeted by the sight of the great Golden Buddha sitting there majestically as their aircraft swoops into land. The island’s main tourist attraction occupies its own island connected by causeway, where a colourful collection of shops selling fashions and souvenirs, restaurants and nearby wats (temples) make it a must-see for visitors.
- Nature trails, elephant sanctuaries, a crocodile farm, tiger zoo and butterfly farm promise something to keep you amazed and entertained whether you’re young or just young at heart.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (4)
Koen D, Netherlands, 28-Feb-2020 - 09-Mar-2020What a lovely holiday, the best ever. Thanks to your great team Bow, Noey and the others. They did a great job. All the details, the food, the rooms, the complete villa, the help with BBQ. Thank you so much.
Ran W, United States, 21-Feb-2020 - 24-Feb-2020Thank you! This was the perfect holiday. The service was excellent. Thank you so much Bella, Noi and Oh for loving and making us feel wonderful. You guys were amazing and servicing each point. We won't forget our stay at Panacea. Too bad that the time is now over, we have to leave! if we could, we would want to stay.
Vladimir P, Russia, 07-Jan-2020 - 31-Jan-2020Thanks a lot for the unbelievable service and fabulous care for all our needs, even a little bit mad at times. We were grateful! Keep it up!
Alex R, United States, 11-Aug-2019 - 14-Aug-2019Dear Panacea, This was the stay of our dreams. Anything that topped the stunning views and the beautiful villa was the incomparable stuff. Everyone was so kind and welcoming, we truly felt that was a home away from home. We hope to be back soon, anyone who stays here is lucky.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions