Panacea Retreat - Kalya Residence
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Kalya means ‘health’ – an apt name for a delightful hilltop residence with magnificent views over Koh Samui’s outlying islands, from sunrise to sunset, refreshed by sea breeze amid lush tropical greenery. This luxuriously divine sanctuary in the Panacea Retreat collection is where you can kick-back, relax and revitalise, while everything is taken care of.
Entering through a roofed gate, a stepping-stone pathway fringed by natural stone walls and overhanging greenery leads to the main living pavilion – running virtually the entire width of the villa. Its soaring, wood-lined, vaulted ceiling with wraparound glass walls opens onto a dazzling terrace showcasing the magnificent views.
At one end, a spacious, comfortable lounge is dominated by a long L-shaped cream sofa and armchairs, set around a coffee table of natural sandstone. Light wood consoles and Thai lamps and artefacts create an inviting place for social gatherings – complete with a large flat-screen Smart TV. An impressive pedestal dining table is like a piece of art in the centre, serviced by a state-of-the-art show kitchen with island bar and branded appliances including a built-in wine cooler.
Four ensuite double-bedrooms are on the lower level, featuring king-size beds, spacious built-in wardrobes, bathrooms with double vanity and rain shower, and terrazzo bathtub in the master bedroom. Pale woods and natural finishes and fabrics create a light, comfortable ambiance with tasteful occasional chairs and Thai art pieces. Flat-screen TVs and modern AV accessories make each room far more than a place to sleep.
To one side of the blue-tiled infinity pool is a swim-up bar with sunken stools – adjoining a sala with dining table and cushioned seating ideal for lazy lunches, enjoying a little respite from the sun or your own private pool party.
With a smiling staff of three taking care of your every need, from your daily drinks and dining to arranging all that Samui has to offer, Kalya Residence is guaranteed to leave you feeling as relaxed, happy and healthy as its beautiful name suggests.
Spacious, contemporary design
"We definitely have a great stay here. The villa, the staff, the food, everything here is amazing. We all will be back again very soon."
Rates and availability
- Stays of 2 nights or more enjoy 30% off from now until 30 June 2021.
- Stays of 3 nights or more enjoy 30% plus early check-in or late check-out, complimentary welcome amenities and a Thai family-style dinner.
- Stays of 5 nights or more enjoy 35% off, the inclusions above, plus a day trip to Pig Island.
- Stays of 7 nights or more enjoy all of the inclusions above, plus in-villa babysitting service, children's gift pack and complimentary roundtrip airport transfers.
- Additional discounts available for stays of 10 nights or longer. Contact email@example.com for longer stay prices.
At Elite Havens, we understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund. Terms and conditions apply. Book with confidence and stay safe, book an elite haven.
Terms and conditions:
- Valid for new bookings received from now until 28 June 2021
- Valid for stays from now until 30 June 2021
- Minimum stays of 2 nights
- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers
- Early check-in/late check-out is subject to availability
- Complimentary welcome amenities include a fruit and snacks basket, and a signature cocktail or glass of wine per guest
- One-time Thai family-style dinner per stay for all guests staying at the villa, excluding beverages
- One-time complimentary day trip to Pig Island for all guests staying at the villa
- One-time complimentary in-villa babysitting service for 8 hours
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 18-May-2021.
- The main lounge and dining area is serviced by a full-equipped open show kitchen for breakfast and socialising, located on the top level of the villa, overlooking the pool and views of the ocean and offshore islands.
- Contemporary Asian-inspired architecture and interior design with emphasis on luxury and comfort with natural fabrics and finishes, warm woods and Thai accents.
- Large flat-screen Smart TV in the main lounge.
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms, with beside controls in each room.
- The villa has been designed to maximize on the spectacular views of the island’s north-east coastline and ocean from every aspect of the villa.
- 20-metre infinity pool with mounted bronze sculptures.
- Pool deck and terrace with a variety of comfortable loungers and sun umbrellas.
- Outdoor dining sala with barbecue at one end of the pool with swim-up bar and pool stools.
- Luxuriant mature garden with palm trees and lawn.
- Car parking.
Master Bedroom 1
- Separate pavilion on the pool and the garden level.
- King-size bed with views of the pool, ocean and offshore islands.
- Ensuite bathroom with rain shower, double vanity and terrazzo bathtub.
- Generous wardrobe space with personal safe.
- Smart, flat-screen TV and sound system.
- Fully-stocked mini-bar.
- Air-conditioned with bedside controls.
Deluxe Bedrooms 2, 3 and 4
- Located on pool and garden level with shared covered terrace.
- King-size beds with garden, pool and ocean views.
- Ensuite bathroom with double vanity and rain shower.
- Generous wardrobe space with personal safe.
- Flat-screen TV, DVD and sound system.
- Fully-stocked mini-bar.
- Air-conditioned with bedside controls.
Located high in the lush green hills above Koh Samui’s popular resort of Bophut and charming Fisherman’s Village, Panacea Retreat is just a 15-minute drive from the island’s international airport and 10-15 minutes away from the white sandy beaches of Bophut, Big Buddha and the island’s main tourist centre, Chaweng.
All five Panacea Retreat villas have spectacular views over Samui’s north-east coastline and the Gulf of Thailand, to mystical islands such as Koh Phangan, popularly known as ‘Full Moon Island’, as well as Samui’s striking interior with its jungle-clad hills and dramatic waterfalls.
Circumnavigating Koh Samui by car takes just over an hour, so nothing is very far away. The main ferry port of Nathon, with connections to the Thai mainland, is around 30 minutes’ drive and the key jumping off point for boat excursions to offshore islands is a mere 10 minutes away at Big Buddha.
Panacea Retreat is a peaceful sanctuary far above the hustle and bustle of Koh Samui’s coastal resorts, and always ready to welcome you back.
Things to do
Although Koh Samui is renowned for its palm-fringed beaches and crystal blue seas, the island has much more to offer besides. Families on holiday with toddlers or teenagers, groups of friends looking for shared fun and adventures, or nightbirds seeking out the island’s best beach clubs, will all find plenty to keep them amused here. Just let your villa manager know what you’re looking for and he or she can make all the necessary arrangements.
In the meantime, here are some of our favourite Samui activities to give you a taste of what’s in store:
- Shopping for chic island fashions, souvenirs and local arts and crafts in Chaweng – a seemingly endless strip of shops, boutiques and the island’s main shopping mall along Samui’s most famous beach. Stop for a refreshing local beer and Thai snacks at one of a myriad restaurants and bars.
- The night market at Fisherman’s Village in Bophut is the scene of the island’s biggest night market. Every Friday evening and on certain holidays, literally hundreds of vendors set up shop to offer everything from Thai and international street food and snacks, to chic fashions, electronics and local souvenirs. The atmosphere is buzzing and an absolute must-visit for locals and tourists alike.
- Take a boat trip around the island and be amazed at how many beautiful beaches and coves you can count. Book a trip on the Naga or the Baidee - two classic Turkish gullets which ply the seas around Samui, alternating between tours of island and trips to the famous Anthong National Marine Park a cluster of heavy jungled islands and the clearest of seas for snorkeling.
- Book a round of golf at Koh Samui’s championship golf course; Santiburi (18 holes with distracting ocean views).
- Treat yourself to Sunday Brunch by the pool at the internationally famed Nikki Beach Club, or a close to home at Coast in the Centara Grand on Chaweng Beach.
- There’s a kite surfing school on the beach at Nathon where you can rent a rig or learn how to do it.
- Regular Thai boxing tournaments are staged at the largest stadium on the island, the Petch Buncha near Chaweng. These are not tourist demo fights; they are the real thing.
- Samui has a number of spectacular waterfalls. We would recommend starting with the Namuang Falls. Take your bathing costume; there’s a very inviting pool at the base of the falls.
- Have an adventure atop Khao Pom mountain on ATVs or the zipline, take a canopy walk through the rainforest, or just gaze out at the scenery below from the viewpoint.
- Spend some time at Samui’s iconic Big Buddha. Visitors arriving by plane are greeted by the sight of the great Golden Buddha sitting there majestically as their aircraft swoops into land. The island’s main tourist attraction occupies its own island connected by causeway, where a colourful collection of shops selling fashions and souvenirs, restaurants and nearby wats (temples) make it a must-see for visitors.
- Nature trails, elephant sanctuaries, a crocodile farm, tiger zoo and butterfly farm promise something to keep you amazed and entertained whether you’re young or just young at heart.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (12)
Nataporn D, Thailand, 23-Oct-2020 - 25-Oct-2020We definitely have a great stay here. The villa, the staff, the food, everything here is amazing. We all will be back again very soon.
Marc Y, Thailand, 08-Feb-2020 - 11-Feb-2020Thank you so much, Bella, Blue and Oh for making the past 3 days at Panacea so amazing and memorable! The accommodations, pool, food and service exceeded all our expectations having been to such a spectacular wedding at the main villa. Bella, in particular looked after us attentively from our breakfast in the morning until 2 am at the wedding day. She was amazing! We will not forget our stay at Koh Samui!
JINGYUAN H, China, 23-Jan-2020 - 29-Jan-2020Thanks to Bella and her team give us best services. We enjoy ourselves in this house for six days. Bella and her team is the best service to our family in everyday. Welcome to our country...We waiting for you.
David W, Canada, 24-Dec-2019 - 03-Jan-2020Thank you Panacea and especially to Khun Pocky, Sao and Ao for the absolutely fabulous stay! Everything was perfect, from the gorgeous villa to the beautiful breakfast every morning. This has been a really special family vacation and we are so grateful to K.Pocky and his team for taking such a good care and We have felt truly spoils by their warmth and hospitality, they really really are wonderful and we are had a fantastic stay in Koh Samui.
Sasaya B, Singapore, 22-Nov-2019 - 24-Nov-2019Thank you K.Aoy, K.Bao, K.Ao for good hospitality, great service, we all feel very much of love, will definitely be back again. Best wishes Excellent service, good atmosphere, we love it . Very attentive service, excellent view, and much had of cleanliness.
LI J, China, 14-Nov-2019 - 18-Nov-2019So perfect so wonderful! Thanks Oat again! Thank you so much..:)
Alan L, United Kingdom, 04-Nov-2019 - 11-Nov-2019We had a wonderful stay at Panacea, the service proud by Aoy and the most of the staff has made my visit even more memorable, would have loved to stay for longer, excellent facilities and friendly staff.
Delin H, China, 29-Aug-2019 - 01-Sep-2019Villa design beautiful with a stunning view. Comfortable. Thank you Ooy for a nice host and assist every request. Will come back again. Another guest would be satisfied staying in this villa.
Lesley K, Australia, 14-Aug-2019 - 29-Aug-2019We do not want to leave! It has been an absolute dream being able to stay here at villa Kalya. The interior, the.. every detail is stunning visually and made us feel very fortunate to be surrounded by such beauty. Great taste and decoration. Pocky has been so well taken care of. We loved learning Thai words and Blues creations with the service and towels we have source of delight. Honestly, we enjoyed an experience that met and exceeds our hopes and expectations and took us on a little adventure trip dreamland. We will be coming back. We will absolutely recommend other come here and we could not be more grateful, appreciative or impressed. Thank you Pocky , Blue and Ao, you guys are the best. Pocky is a super chef. I now consider this are of my fondest memories and favorite place, so grateful. Thank you.
Carolyn T, Singapore, 07-Jun-2019 - 12-Jun-2019Dear Panacea Team, thank you so much for your hospitality! We truly enjoyed the villa and we had an enjoyable time. Looking forward to the next holiday here again!
Lu H, Thailand, 27-May-2019 - 31-May-2019The villa is clean and tidy, the staff could not do more, nothing was too much for them, best butler experience! Thank you for taking care of us.
Andurance H, Thailand, 17-May-2019 - 20-May-2019Thank you Panacea, we had a fabulous stay... You guys took care of all the little details and the property is gorgeous!!! A very special mention to Sao, who was so helpful and always there to take care of us.
Last viewed villas