Panacea Retreat - Kalya Residence
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Kalya means ‘health’ – an apt name for a delightful hilltop residence with magnificent views over Koh Samui’s outlying islands, from sunrise to sunset, refreshed by sea breeze amid lush tropical greenery. This luxuriously divine sanctuary in the Panacea Retreat collection is where you can kick-back, relax and revitalise, while everything is taken care of.
Entering through a roofed gate, a stepping-stone pathway fringed by natural stone walls and overhanging greenery leads to the main living pavilion – running virtually the entire width of the villa. Its soaring, wood-lined, vaulted ceiling with wraparound glass walls opens onto a dazzling terrace showcasing the magnificent views.
At one end, a spacious, comfortable lounge is dominated by a long L-shaped cream sofa and armchairs, set around a coffee table of natural sandstone. Light wood consoles and Thai lamps and artefacts create an inviting place for social gatherings – complete with a large flat-screen Smart TV. An impressive pedestal dining table is like a piece of art in the centre, serviced by a state-of-the-art show kitchen with island bar and branded appliances including a built-in wine cooler.
Four ensuite double-bedrooms are on the lower level, featuring king-size beds, spacious built-in wardrobes, bathrooms with double vanity and rain shower, and terrazzo bathtub in the master bedroom. Pale woods and natural finishes and fabrics create a light, comfortable ambiance with tasteful occasional chairs and Thai art pieces. Flat-screen TVs and modern AV accessories make each room far more than a place to sleep.
To one side of the blue-tiled infinity pool is a swim-up bar with sunken stools – adjoining a sala with dining table and cushioned seating ideal for lazy lunches, enjoying a little respite from the sun or your own private pool party.
With a smiling staff of three taking care of your every need, from your daily drinks and dining to arranging all that Samui has to offer, Kalya Residence is guaranteed to leave you feeling as relaxed, happy and healthy as its beautiful name suggests.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Located high in the lush green hills above Koh Samui’s popular resort of Bophut and charming Fisherman’s Village, Panacea Retreat is just a 15-minute drive from the island’s international airport and 10-15 minutes away from the white sandy beaches of Bophut, Big Buddha and the island’s main tourist centre, Chaweng.
All five Panacea Retreat villas have spectacular views over Samui’s north-east coastline and the Gulf of Thailand, to mystical islands such as Koh Phangan, popularly known as ‘Full Moon Island’, as well as Samui’s striking interior with its jungle-clad hills and dramatic waterfalls.
Circumnavigating Koh Samui by car takes just over an hour, so nothing is very far away. The main ferry port of Nathon, with connections to the Thai mainland, is around 30 minutes’ drive and the key jumping off point for boat excursions to offshore islands is a mere 10 minutes away at Big Buddha.
Panacea Retreat is a peaceful sanctuary far above the hustle and bustle of Koh Samui’s coastal resorts, and always ready to welcome you back.More information for Things to do
Although Koh Samui is renowned for its palm-fringed beaches and crystal blue seas, the island has much more to offer besides. Families on holiday with toddlers or teenagers, groups of friends looking for shared fun and adventures, or nightbirds seeking out the island’s best beach clubs, will all find plenty to keep them amused here. Just let your villa manager know what you’re looking for and he or she can make all the necessary arrangements.
In the meantime, here are some of our favourite Samui activities to give you a taste of what’s in store:
- Shopping for chic island fashions, souvenirs and local arts and crafts in Chaweng – a seemingly endless strip of shops, boutiques and the island’s main shopping mall along Samui’s most famous beach. Stop for a refreshing local beer and Thai snacks at one of a myriad restaurants and bars.
- The night market at Fisherman’s Village in Bophut is the scene of the island’s biggest night market. Every Friday evening and on certain holidays, literally hundreds of vendors set up shop to offer everything from Thai and international street food and snacks, to chic fashions, electronics and local souvenirs. The atmosphere is buzzing and an absolute must-visit for locals and tourists alike.
- Take a boat trip around the island and be amazed at how many beautiful beaches and coves you can count. Book a trip on the Naga or the Baidee - two classic Turkish gullets which ply the seas around Samui, alternating between tours of island and trips to the famous Anthong National Marine Park a cluster of heavy jungled islands and the clearest of seas for snorkeling.
- Book a round of golf at Koh Samui’s championship golf course; Santiburi (18 holes with distracting ocean views).
- Treat yourself to Sunday Brunch by the pool at the internationally famed Nikki Beach Club, or a close to home at Coast in the Centara Grand on Chaweng Beach.
- There’s a kite surfing school on the beach at Nathon where you can rent a rig or learn how to do it.
- Regular Thai boxing tournaments are staged at the largest stadium on the island, the Petch Buncha near Chaweng. These are not tourist demo fights; they are the real thing.
- Samui has a number of spectacular waterfalls. We would recommend starting with the Namuang Falls. Take your bathing costume; there’s a very inviting pool at the base of the falls.
- Have an adventure atop Khao Pom mountain on ATVs or the zipline, take a canopy walk through the rainforest, or just gaze out at the scenery below from the viewpoint.
- Spend some time at Samui’s iconic Big Buddha. Visitors arriving by plane are greeted by the sight of the great Golden Buddha sitting there majestically as their aircraft swoops into land. The island’s main tourist attraction occupies its own island connected by causeway, where a colourful collection of shops selling fashions and souvenirs, restaurants and nearby wats (temples) make it a must-see for visitors.
- Nature trails, elephant sanctuaries, a crocodile farm, tiger zoo and butterfly farm promise something to keep you amazed and entertained whether you’re young or just young at heart.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- The main lounge and dining area is serviced by a full-equipped open show kitchen for breakfast and socialising, located on the top level of the villa, overlooking the pool and views of the ocean and offshore islands.
- Contemporary Asian-inspired architecture and interior design with emphasis on luxury and comfort with natural fabrics and finishes, warm woods and Thai accents.
- Large flat-screen Smart TV in the main lounge.
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms, with beside controls in each room.
- The villa has been designed to maximize on the spectacular views of the island’s north-east coastline and ocean from every aspect of the villa.
- 20-metre infinity pool with mounted bronze sculptures.
- Pool deck and terrace with a variety of comfortable loungers and sun umbrellas.
- Outdoor dining sala with barbecue at one end of the pool with swim-up bar and pool stools.
- Luxuriant mature garden with palm trees and lawn.
- Car parking.
Master Bedroom 1
- Separate pavilion on the pool and the garden level.
- King-size bed with views of the pool, ocean and offshore islands.
- Ensuite bathroom with rain shower, double vanity and terrazzo bathtub.
- Generous wardrobe space with personal safe.
- Smart, flat-screen TV and sound system.
- Fully-stocked mini-bar.
- Air-conditioned with bedside controls.
Deluxe Bedrooms 2, 3 and 4
- Located on pool and garden level with shared covered terrace.
- King-size beds with garden, pool and ocean views.
- Ensuite bathroom with double vanity and rain shower.
- Generous wardrobe space with personal safe.
- Flat-screen TV, DVD and sound system.
- Fully-stocked mini-bar.
- Air-conditioned with bedside controls.
Thai cuisine is the highlight of any holiday in Koh Samui. At Panacea Retreat, a skilled Thai chef and his team oversee a professional central kitchen, providing fresh and healthy meals to all villas within the estate. The chefs can prepare Thai and international favourites on order.
Carefully conceived menus with varied options are guaranteed to leave you spoilt for choice. From fine dining to casual poolside lunches and barbecues, our chef and his central team will be happy to create the perfect dining experience for you and your group.
Start your day with a hearty complimentary breakfast of local and international favourites. For a lazy lunch by the pool, the central kitchen can prepare Thai delicacies such as Phad Thai (Thai noodles), Satay, Yum Woon Sen (glass noodle salad) or Som Tam (green papaya salad), accompanied by a light coconut curry, or western dishes ranging from salads and pastas to pizzas and grills. Though prepared centrally, the meal is served hot and with style, within your villa, either in an alfresco setting or in air-conditioned comfort.
In the evenings, you may prefer a more formal Thai or western dinner served in your villa’s dining pavilion. Alternatively, breezy evenings demand a casual barbecue on the pool terrace, or a candlelit dinner beneath a starry sky, both of which can be arranged for you.
Grocery and beverage shopping is charged at market price (plus a 30% handling fee, 10% service charge and 7% VAT). Alternatively, a priced menu of various dishes is available. Praana Residence charges grocery bills at cost.View a sample menu
It's was the best time on Koh Samui we have ever had!! Its our 4th time and we will come back for next time, staffs were so nice and friendly, helpful we are so happy ,everything was perfect...25-Oct-2021 - 12-Nov-2021 Margit W
We definitely have a great stay here. The villa, the staff, the food, everything here is amazing. We all will be back again very soon.23-Oct-2020 - 25-Oct-2020 Nataporn D
Thanks to Bella and her team give us best services. We enjoy ourselves in this house for six days. Bella and her team is the best service to our family in everyday. Welcome to our country...We waiting for you.23-Jan-2020 - 29-Jan-2020 JINGYUAN H
Thank you K.Aoy, K.Bao, K.Ao for good hospitality, great service, we all feel very much of love, will definitely be back again. Best wishes Excellent service, good atmosphere, we love it . Very attentive service, excellent view, and much had of cleanliness.22-Nov-2019 - 24-Nov-2019 Sasaya B
So perfect so wonderful! Thanks Oat again! Thank you so much..:)14-Nov-2019 - 18-Nov-2019 LI J
We had a wonderful stay at Panacea, the service proud by Aoy and the most of the staff has made my visit even more memorable, would have loved to stay for longer, excellent facilities and friendly staff.04-Nov-2019 - 11-Nov-2019 Alan L
Villa design beautiful with a stunning view. Comfortable. Thank you Ooy for a nice host and assist every request. Will come back again. Another guest would be satisfied staying in this villa.29-Aug-2019 - 01-Sep-2019 Delin H
Dear Panacea Team, thank you so much for your hospitality! We truly enjoyed the villa and we had an enjoyable time. Looking forward to the next holiday here again!07-Jun-2019 - 12-Jun-2019 Carolyn T
The villa is clean and tidy, the staff could not do more, nothing was too much for them, best butler experience! Thank you for taking care of us.27-May-2019 - 31-May-2019 Lu H
Thank you Panacea, we had a fabulous stay... You guys took care of all the little details and the property is gorgeous!!! A very special mention to Sao, who was so helpful and always there to take care of us.17-May-2019 - 20-May-2019 Andurance H
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service