Villa Oost Indies
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Traditional Indonesia gets a contemporary twist at fully staffed Villa Oost Indies. Set in an exclusive private estate just a gentle stroll from the fabulous boutiques, bars and restaurants of ‘eat street’, this luxurious three-bedroomed villa is fabulously positioned to take in all the fun of buzzing Seminyak. Iconic beach club Ku De Ta is just a few hundred metres away, as is Petitenget Beach and its majestic Hindu temple.
Villa Oost (‘East’) Indies is an ode to Indonesia, with its Javanese colonial-style design, long shady verandas furnished with plantation chairs, and bedrooms clad in solid teakwood. Evocative antiques and artwork from Indonesia and the Orient include elaborately carved wood panels, stone statues, hand painted silks and vintage travel posters. At its core, a 100-year-old Javanese joglo (traditional wooden house) provides an atmospheric living and dining area, surrounded by a lagoon-style swimming pool. A privileged rarity in this bustling corner of Bali, Villa Oost Indies also has a large lawned garden fringed with bamboo, pandanus palms and tropical foliage.
Popular with families, there is plenty of space at Villa Oost Indies for kids to spread their wings, and enchanting courtyard gardens that beg to be explored. Adults will also find ample room to relax, with spacious bedrooms that include large dressing rooms opening onto beautiful bathrooms tiled in creamy Palimanan stone. Two bedrooms have adjoining private sitting rooms with sofa beds, while a third bedroom has the option of king or twin beds.
The warm ambiance of this villa makes it feel more like a beautiful family home than a holiday rental, and indeed friendly Balinese staff will welcome you like family. A private chef (available at extra charge) prepares gourmet meals from a suggestion menu and an efficient villa manager will happily arrange trips around the island and anything else you desire.
Extensive antique collection
Fair share for groups
Fabulous Seminyak location
"Wonderful place, wonderful staff = fabulous vacation!! Thank you."
Real time availability
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Avoid the crowds and book a private villa to holiday safely with your family. Elite Havens offers a guaranteed refund if travel is affected by the coronavirus. Book with confidence, book an elite haven.
We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario. So should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund or you can choose to move your stay within 12 months of your check-in date, in the same villa, for the same number of nights and in the same (or lower) season. Valid for new bookings from 19 February 2020 onwards.
Terms & conditions:
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 08-May-2020.
- Antique joglo living and dining pavilion overlooking the pool and gardens
- Indoor dining for eight
- Coffee tables strewn with books and magazines
- Evocative antiques and artwork
- Teakwood bar with five bar stools
- Well-equipped kitchen with black granite counters
- Lagoon-style swimming pool fringed by lush greenery and lawns
- Four deck chairs shaded by sun umbrellas
- Outdoor dining table in shady grove
- Two courtyard gardens brimming with tropical foliage
Two Main Pavilion Bedrooms
- King-sized four-poster beds
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Spacious walk-through dressing rooms
- Bathrooms with twin vanities, antique washstands, monsoon showers
- Private verandas overlooking the pool
- LCD TV, WiFi, iPod dock
- Mini bars (on guest account)
- Private sitting rooms with sofa, desk and TV
Guest Bedroom In Private Wing
- King-sized bed convertible to twins
- Customised corner sofa
- Desk and occasional furniture
- Dressing room/bathroom with monsoon shower
- LCD TV, DVD player, WiFi, iPod dock
- Private ironwood deck with table and chairs
Villa Oost Indies is located in Seminyak’s golden triangle. The epicentre of Bali’s nightlife, this hip district is also home to exclusive resorts, cool beach clubs, buzzing bars, world-class restaurants and a plethora of designer boutiques, colourful homeware stores and lush spas. The villa is set on a shady lane in an exclusive secure Laksmana Villas just a few hundred metres from Petitenget Beach and its ancient temple. Some of the island’s most famous restaurants are just minutes walk from the villa, including La Lucciola, Ku De Ta, Teatro Gastroteque, and the charming Petitenget Restaurant & Bar. A short taxi ride will bring you to all the boutiques of the Oberoi district, while The Village – Bali’s newest upmarket shopping mall – is just a five minute walk away.
Things to do
Whether learning to surf, ushering in the sunset with a cocktail at a trendy beach club, browsing in designer boutiques or walking for miles along the sandy shores – there is plenty to keep you busy in Seminyak. Restaurants and bars seem to open every week in the trendy district known as ‘eat street’, leaving you spoilt for choice when it comes to that important question of “where to eat?”. You can also join a fascinating Balinese cooking class with our experienced villa chef (available at extra charge) and learn to make Balinese favourites like satay lilit ayam (chicken satay), and sambal matah (spicy lemongrass/shallot) relish.
Should you wish to explore further afield, your villa manager will be happy to give you the ‘inside scoop’ on what to do and where to go. He can also arrange a car and driver or customise an island tour for you.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within easy reach of the villa:
- You could eat out at a different restaurant in Seminyak every night - for months, and still not run out of options. Jalan Laksmana (also known as Jalan Oberoi and Jalan Kayu Aya) is Bali’s fashionable ‘eat street’, offering plenty of high-end restaurants including Sarong and Teatro Gastroteque. Ku Dé Ta is still the place to see and be seen at sunset, while Potato Head has a rocking sounds system and some of the best cocktails on the island. A short taxi ride will bring you to Sardine, Métis and Republik 45. Try Saigon Street for flavourful Vietnamese food, Shanghai Baby for Chinese food, and nearby Lello Lello for cheap and cheerful Indian food (and divine gelato). You can also stock up on gourmet goodies at Grocer and Grind, and pastries at Bali Bakery just around the corner.
- Shop till you drop! The streets of Seminyak are a shopaholic's dream, with everything from chic designer boutiques to surf outlets and funky street wear. Exotic homewares are also a Balinese specialty, think gorgeous ceramics, embroidered furnishings and all manner of ethnic curios and decorative pieces. Also consider jumping in a taxi and heading Beachwalk in Kuta, here you will find many major international outlets, restaurants and a cinema.
- Head to Echo Beach in Canggu for sunset. A number of warungs (local restaurants) cling to the rocks offering local food, while a couple of places offer very reasonably priced barbecues with a huge choice of fish, poultry and meat, cooked to order, and complimentary salad buffet. You can catch live music here on Sundays.
- Get Wet n Wild at Waterbom, Bali’s premier water park set in 3.8 hectares of tropical gardens. 17 waterslides include adrenalin-inducing rides like Smash down and Climax. Those more inclined to leisurely pursuits can float on the lazy river or swim up to the pool bar for a cocktail. Its one of Bali’s most popular attractions, so get there early to beat the crowds.
- Explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Uluwatu is the place for surfing enthusiasts. Most of the breaks here are only suitable for advanced or expert surfers as the waves are big. Particular highlights are Uluwatu, Dreamland, Padang-Padang, Bingin/Impossibles and Suluban. Even if you don’t surf its worth a trip out to the Bukit Peninsula which marks the southern end of Bali and is typified by magnificent limestone cliffs and craggy beaches.
- Acclaimed as the world’s best, the atmospheric Elephant Safari Park in Taro (north of Ubud) provides a sanctuary for elephants rescued from Sumatra, with opportunities for trekking, hand feeding, and photo taking. There is also a fascinating museum and an excellent restaurant in a beautiful tropical setting deep in the forests of Bali’s hinterland.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Desa Seni at Berawa Beach, is an eco-friendly village resort providing an authentic Indonesian experience through the exploration of culture, art and yoga. The resort offers a wide variety of yoga classes and also has its own holistic spa and restaurant serving gourmet organic food, most of which is grown in the resorts extensive gardens.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions