Villa Oost Indies
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Traditional Indonesia gets a contemporary twist at fully staffed Villa Oost Indies. Set in an exclusive private estate just a gentle stroll from the fabulous boutiques, bars and restaurants of ‘eat street’, this luxurious three-bedroomed villa is fabulously positioned to take in all the fun of buzzing Seminyak. Just a few hundred metres away is Petitenget Beach and its majestic Hindu temple.
Villa Oost (‘East’) Indies is an ode to Indonesia, with its Javanese colonial-style design, long shady verandas furnished with plantation chairs, and bedrooms clad in solid teakwood. Evocative antiques and artwork from Indonesia and the Orient include elaborately carved wood panels, stone statues, hand painted silks and vintage travel posters. At its core, a 100-year-old Javanese joglo (traditional wooden house) provides an atmospheric living and dining area, surrounded by a lagoon-style swimming pool. A privileged rarity in this bustling corner of Bali, Villa Oost Indies also has a large lawned garden fringed with bamboo, pandanus palms and tropical foliage.
Popular with families, there is plenty of space at Villa Oost Indies for kids to spread their wings, and enchanting courtyard gardens that beg to be explored. Adults will also find ample room to relax, with spacious bedrooms that include large dressing rooms opening onto beautiful bathrooms tiled in creamy Palimanan stone. Two bedrooms have adjoining private sitting rooms with sofa beds, while a third bedroom has the option of king or twin beds.
The warm ambiance of this villa makes it feel more like a beautiful family home than a holiday rental, and indeed friendly Balinese staff will welcome you like family. A private chef (available at extra charge) prepares gourmet meals from a suggestion menu and an efficient villa manager will happily arrange trips around the island and anything else you desire.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Villa Oost Indies is located in Seminyak’s golden triangle. The epicentre of Bali’s nightlife, this hip district is also home to exclusive resorts, cool beach clubs, buzzing bars, world-class restaurants and a plethora of designer boutiques, colourful homeware stores and lush spas. The villa is set on a shady lane in an exclusive secure Laksmana Villas just a few hundred metres from Petitenget Beach and its ancient temple. Some of the island’s most famous restaurants are just minutes walk from the villa, including La Lucciola, Teatro Gastroteque, and the charming Petitenget Restaurant & Bar. A short taxi ride will bring you to all the boutiques of the Oberoi district, while The Village – Bali’s newest upmarket shopping mall – is just a five minute walk away.More information for Things to do
Whether learning to surf, ushering in the sunset with a cocktail at a trendy beach club, browsing in designer boutiques or walking for miles along the sandy shores – there is plenty to keep you busy in Seminyak. Restaurants and bars seem to open every week in the trendy district known as ‘eat street’, leaving you spoilt for choice when it comes to that important question of “where to eat?”. You can also join a fascinating Balinese cooking class with our experienced villa chef (available at extra charge) and learn to make Balinese favourites like satay lilit ayam (chicken satay), and sambal matah (spicy lemongrass/shallot) relish.
Should you wish to explore further afield, your villa manager will be happy to give you the ‘inside scoop’ on what to do and where to go. He can also arrange a car and driver or customise an island tour for you.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within easy reach of the villa:
- You could eat out at a different restaurant in Seminyak every night - for months, and still not run out of options. Jalan Laksmana (also known as Jalan Oberoi and Jalan Kayu Aya) is Bali’s fashionable ‘eat street’, offering plenty of high-end restaurants including Teatro Gastroteque. Potato Head has a rocking sounds system and some of the best cocktails on the island. A short taxi ride will bring you to Sardine, Métis and Republik 45. Try Saigon Street for flavourful Vietnamese food, Shanghai Baby for Chinese food, and nearby Lello Lello for cheap and cheerful Indian food (and divine gelato). You can also stock up on gourmet goodies at Grocer and Grind, and pastries at Bali Bakery just around the corner.
- Shop till you drop! The streets of Seminyak are a shopaholic's dream, with everything from chic designer boutiques to surf outlets and funky street wear. Exotic homewares are also a Balinese specialty, think gorgeous ceramics, embroidered furnishings and all manner of ethnic curios and decorative pieces. Also consider jumping in a taxi and heading Beachwalk in Kuta, here you will find many major international outlets, restaurants and a cinema.
- Head to Echo Beach in Canggu for sunset. A number of warungs (local restaurants) cling to the rocks offering local food, while a couple of places offer very reasonably priced barbecues with a huge choice of fish, poultry and meat, cooked to order, and complimentary salad buffet. You can catch live music here on Sundays.
- Get Wet n Wild at Waterbom, Bali’s premier water park set in 3.8 hectares of tropical gardens. 17 waterslides include adrenalin-inducing rides like Smash down and Climax. Those more inclined to leisurely pursuits can float on the lazy river or swim up to the pool bar for a cocktail. Its one of Bali’s most popular attractions, so get there early to beat the crowds.
- Explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Uluwatu is the place for surfing enthusiasts. Most of the breaks here are only suitable for advanced or expert surfers as the waves are big. Particular highlights are Uluwatu, Dreamland, Padang-Padang, Bingin/Impossibles and Suluban. Even if you don’t surf its worth a trip out to the Bukit Peninsula which marks the southern end of Bali and is typified by magnificent limestone cliffs and craggy beaches.
- Acclaimed as the world’s best, the atmospheric Elephant Safari Park in Taro (north of Ubud) provides a sanctuary for elephants rescued from Sumatra, with opportunities for trekking, hand feeding, and photo taking. There is also a fascinating museum and an excellent restaurant in a beautiful tropical setting deep in the forests of Bali’s hinterland.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Desa Seni at Berawa Beach, is an eco-friendly village resort providing an authentic Indonesian experience through the exploration of culture, art and yoga. The resort offers a wide variety of yoga classes and also has its own holistic spa and restaurant serving gourmet organic food, most of which is grown in the resorts extensive gardens.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Antique joglo living and dining pavilion overlooking the pool and gardens
- Indoor dining for eight
- Coffee tables strewn with books and magazines
- Evocative antiques and artwork
- Teakwood bar with five bar stools
- Well-equipped kitchen with black granite counters
- Lagoon-style swimming pool fringed by lush greenery and lawns
- Four deck chairs shaded by sun umbrellas
- Outdoor dining table in shady grove
- Two courtyard gardens brimming with tropical foliage
Two Main Pavilion Bedrooms
- King-sized four-poster beds
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Spacious walk-through dressing rooms
- Bathrooms with twin vanities, antique washstands, monsoon showers
- Private verandas overlooking the pool
- LCD TV, WiFi, iPod dock
- Mini bars (on guest account)
- Private sitting rooms with sofa, desk and TV
Guest Bedroom In Private Wing
- King-sized bed convertible to twins
- Customised corner sofa
- Desk and occasional furniture
- Dressing room/bathroom with monsoon shower
- LCD TV, DVD player, WiFi, iPod dock
- Private ironwood deck with table and chairs
Enjoy a delicious continental breakfast at your villa, served daily with our compliments. For lunch and dinner, why not explore Bali’s famed gourmet scene by sampling from a vast array of excellent restaurants and cafes? With so many options in the vicinity, you are truly spoilt for choice.
Should you prefer to dine within the comfort of your villa, the staff can arrange for food to be delivered from your choice of restaurant and served with flair at the formal dining table or in an alfresco setting.
For something special, the Elite Concierge can organise a private chef experience wherein a professional chef will cook up a Balinese feast, barbecue or custom gourmet lunch or dinner in the villa (extra charge). The chef be happy to customise dishes to suit your dietary requirements, including a kids menu that will tempt even the fussiest of eaters.
Grocery cost is charged at cost plus 20% handling fee which is subject to service and tax at the prevailing rate. Professional chef services can be organised for an additional charge.View a sample menu
Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. We truly enjoyed our visit and will be back soon. The staff was exceptional and they did a great job and keeping everyone happy. We feel blessed to have been in such great hands. Suksma!!03-Nov-2019 - 08-Nov-2019 Natalie R
Thank you so much! Villa Oost Indies was the best part of our trip so far. This villa was just the perfect setting for our party!15-Oct-2019 - 18-Oct-2019 Justine M
Wonderful place, wonderful staff = fabulous vacation!! Thank you.12-Oct-2019 - 15-Oct-2019 James T
Villa Oost Indies is very special. Great architecture and ambiance. Very central and yet so peaceful. Great hospitality with wonderful staff and we were well-looked after. Our kids couldn't get out of the pool. Thank you for great memories!!04-Oct-2019 - 07-Oct-2019 Sneha I
Thank you Villa Oost Indies and staff for a lovely stay, it was too short. It was very relaxing and the staff took real good care of us. Our only regret is it was all to short but we hope to return soon. Many thanks once again.13-Jun-2018 - 17-Jun-2018 Prema T
Thank you for the amazing stay here at Oost Indies. We enjoyed our time here and if felt like home really quickly. We are also pleased and happy with the service here - very helpful, kind and friendly. Perfect location and homey vibes. Thanks so much.04-Jun-2018 - 09-Jun-2018 Evelyn and Marcy
Thank you for a fantastic holiday and stay at Oost indies Villa. Such a beautiful villa with lovely staff who really looked after us so well. Thank you for the amazing birthday cake for Lois and the unicorn floaty. We have enjoyed using your beautiful garden for our boot camps. We hope to return sometime soon! Thank you.29-May-2018 - 03-Jun-2018 Graham S
Great Villa and fantastic stay. So relaxing and great place to unwind. The staff are lovely and very accommodating. We will definitely recommend this place to our friends.24-May-2018 - 29-May-2018 Natalie H
Absolutely amazing all round! Gorgeous villa, unmatched comfort and super friendly staff. Our only regret is that we cannot spend more time here. Thank you very much for a wonderful and memorable stay. Will definitely be back the first chance we get.12-May-2018 - 16-May-2018 Raphael L
It was a fabulous experience at Villa Oost indies. Excellent service and we enjoyed it so much. Thank you so much for everything, hope to visit you again very soon.02-May-2018 - 09-May-2018 Kang N
Wonderful Oost Indies you've done it again! Loved every minute of our stay with you. Thank you so much guys, you look after us so well. We'll see you in our dreams or until we can return.17-Apr-2018 - 21-Apr-2018 Julie H
The house is very nice and the staff are wonderful. Thank you.26-Mar-2018 - 03-Apr-2018 Steven P
United Arab Emirates
We enjoyed stay in Villa Oost Indies and the kind staff.27-Feb-2018 - 05-Mar-2018 Niels P
Thank you to all the wonderful staff at villa Oost Indies for making our stay so comfortable and enjoyable. Special thanks to Wulan, our girls begged to stay home with her! Location is great, villa beautiful and nothing was a problem for the staff. Thanks again.31-Dec-2017 - 14-Jan-2018 Kate K
What wonderful staff and amazing property! One of a kind and truly unique! Amazing stay! Thank you.19-Nov-2017 - 24-Nov-2017 Mark V
We enjoyed every second in this peaceful and beautiful villa with the most coming staff!! We had wonderful time! A large thank you! hope to come back soon!04-Nov-2017 - 15-Nov-2017 Juliana S
Wonderful location, accommodation, and staff. really good food, etc. All perfect and beautiful. nothing to complain about. will come back to soon.22-Oct-2017 - 29-Oct-2017 Timothy A
We had an awesome time here thanks a lot. Great service, super awesome staff. We hope to come back soon.15-Oct-2017 - 18-Oct-2017 Vanessa Z
Thank you all for a most peaceful and relaxing stay. You looked after our every need and we leave feeling rested and spoilt. All the best.24-Sep-2017 - 30-Sep-2017 Andrew B
Most amazing time here, wonderful accommodations, super awesome staff, we shall return. Thank you for looking after us so well during our stay! Look forward to coming back!13-Sep-2017 - 17-Sep-2017 Beau G
Thank you for a lovely stay. Thank you to all the staff for taking care of our every need. We have had a restful holiday and have happy memories.05-Sep-2017 - 09-Sep-2017 Paul T
Thank you for a lovely stay at the Villa Oost Indies. My husband and our two boys (five years & seven years) had a wonderful time here. The staff were warm and friendly, they cleaned up our room meticulously everyday! They also helped to cook a delicious seafood BBQ for us. We all have wonderful memories of our stay!25-Aug-2017 - 27-Aug-2017 Jean F
We had wonderful stay here in a beautiful old colonial villa with all the comforts you need. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and full of knowledge. They organized everything for us. Our kids loved the pool. The Balinese are just so beautiful and friendly. Like being part of a big village!01-Aug-2017 - 09-Aug-2017 Susan E
Our first time in Bali and Villa Oost Indies and everyone has been fabulous . We have had the most wonderful holiday. Hope to be back here again soon.26-Jun-2017 - 03-Jul-2017 Barry C
We had a great time and enjoyed our second visit to Villa Oost Indies even more than last time!20-Jun-2017 - 26-Jun-2017 Jamie M
Great villa, great location and great service, thanks guys.11-Jun-2017 - 16-Jun-2017 Jonathan David C
Peaceful and relaxing, thank you for all great service. .05-Jun-2017 - 08-Jun-2017 Dirk J
We had a wonderful, relaxing time at Villa Oost Indies. Beautiful rooms and fabulous staff. Thank you for blowing up our watermelon inflatable! We look forward to returning some day.11-May-2017 - 15-May-2017 Chris H
Great villa with best service!! Hope to come again soon.04-May-2017 - 07-May-2017 Margaret H
What a wonderful holiday we had in Bali. It went way too quickly. Great home and a great location. Thank you for making this a memorable holiday.13-Apr-2017 - 20-Apr-2017 Angela P
What is fantastic villa, amazing staff, amazing setting, amazing stay. Thank you so much. We will be back.07-Apr-2017 - 12-Apr-2017 Stephen S
Thank you for having us - wonderful location, lovely staff. Thanks for looking after us.29-Mar-2017 - 04-Apr-2017 Justine E
Thank you for a wonderful stay! Love the villa location and the staff, always friendly and helpful. Will miss being greeted with fresh face towels every day. Thanks again.08-Mar-2017 - 14-Mar-2017 Suzie T
Many thanks for making our holiday amazing. I appreciate all staff. I want coming back to Bali, i will stay here again.19-Jan-2017 - 02-Feb-2017 Iain S
United Arab Emirates
I'm grateful for everything. Such a good trip for us. Thank you so much. I appreciate for your hospitality. This villa and staffs are really nice. Wish i come back soon! Thank you for the wonderful days, this day became my treasure forever.13-Jan-2017 - 15-Jan-2017 Harry C
Villa Oost Indies a beautiful place for a peaceful holiday. We enjoyed the colonial details of the interior decoration as well as the luxury of the stylish bedroom. It was a big treat thanks to the excellent staff.07-Jan-2017 - 13-Jan-2017 Nick S
Beautiful villa. Wonderful antiques. Was here for a week and found it very restful. Love the rooms and oversized bathrooms. Staff were very sweet and helpful.01-Jan-2017 - 07-Jan-2017 Kassandra K
Our second time at villa Oost indies and could not fault it again. Great location, very quiet, happy, attentive, friendly staff right down to the last detail. My favorite is the ice cold towels on arrival back at the villa. We would recommend Oost indies to our friends without hesitation. Thank you again for looking after us here in Bali.20-Dec-2016 - 26-Dec-2016 Julie H
Superb Balinese oasis every time you walk through the doors. This villa provides the most tranquil environment with its stunning pool and garden. We will recommend to all our friends.16-Sep-2016 - 25-Sep-2016 Diane H
Thanks for looking after us the last five days. Had a great time & the help & the staff were terrific. Thanks for putting up with our late nights & stupidity. We hope to be back here again soon. Sad to be leaving. Thanks again.09-Sep-2016 - 13-Sep-2016 Dane S
We have spent 5 wonderful days in Villa Oost Indies. Pak Bagus and his staff were particularly welcoming and friendly, always willing to help us. We will definitely come back.07-Aug-2016 - 12-Aug-2016 Matthieu L
Thank you so much for the lovely stay. We love the villa stay and the location of the villa, we would recommend Villa Oost Indies to everyone. The staff are very friendly, helpful and did everything with smile. Thank you so much for everything.31-Jul-2016 - 05-Aug-2016 Diba H
Thank you very much for making our stay friendly, helpful and enjoyable. The villa is fantastic and position is second to none. We all would like to wish you all the best and will certainly be recommending you to all who ask about Bali.03-Jun-2016 - 07-Jun-2016 Aaron T
Thank you so much for looking after us during our weekend away. The staff here at Villa Oost Indies looked after our every beck and call with cold towels, iced water, delicious breakfasts, keeping our rooms clean and cool. We had an awesome time and feel very spoiled! Thank you!13-May-2016 - 15-May-2016 Lucy R
Thank you for a lovely stay. You made my Dad's 80th Birthday celebration truly memorable.02-Apr-2016 - 06-Apr-2016 Aaron L
Thank you for providing us with a very comfortable stay! The Kids love the pool, the staff is very lovely, the cold towels are amazing! We love the villa style & the location. It is quiet yet convenient. Will definitely come back.28-Mar-2016 - 02-Apr-2016 Tania R
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service