The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A cosy family home with living spaces spread over three levels, Olaf House is great for families with children and young adults. The house is bathed in sunlight even in the snowy winter months, owing to large floor-to-ceiling windows and a double-height atrium in the living room.
Three comfortable bedrooms are all located on a single level, making the house ideal for multi-generational families. A tatami room on the third level can accommodate two additional children by night and transform back into a playroom by day. An entire floor has been dedicated to socialising, containing living and dining areas plus a well-equipped kitchen allowing you to cook your family’s favourite dishes. You are on vacation though and there is nothing more indulgent than piping hot food delivered to your doorstep when you return to your holiday home after a long but exhilarating day on the slopes. Niseko Gourmet can take care of all your dining needs including provisioning and private dinners.
Boasting a dry room, a loft lounge which is great for kids and a rooftop deck with a barbecue balcony, Olaf House is a dream for both short-duration visitors as well as long stays. Its central location in Hirafu Village means that you can stroll down to famous restaurants and aprés ski joints, though complimentary shuttle service is offered to all guests in winter. Surrounded by birchwood forests, the chalet is an oasis of calm in the centre of exciting Hirafu.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Centrally located in Lower Hirafu, Olaf House enjoys proximity to the attractions of the village yet is tucked away in a peaceful street. Take advantage of its location and explore some of Niseko’s best bars and restaurants while strolling around. Famous bars nearby include the ‘fridge door’ Bar Gyu and off-the-beaten-path izakayas such as Yui and Kougetsu.
A little further uphill, The Barn by Odin, Bar Moon and the magnificent and ever-popular Ezo Seafoods await, but do seek assistance from our concierge to make reservations in advance. The Grand Hirafu Gondola Station is 1.6km or a seven-minute drive, with our on-call driver service available daily from 8am - 6pm in winter season.
Once at the base of Mount Annupuri, ski slopes ranging from expert to beginner are easily accessible, along with a wide selection of excellent ski schools, snow activities and mountain restaurants.More information for Things to do
Our Concierge team is on-hand to give you all the local information you need. They can also make restaurant reservations for you or help rent sports equipment as well as arrange ski lift passes. With our competent team at your service, leave all your worries behind. Though the area has a plethora of activities, here are our top choices for things to do in Niseko, regardless of the season you visit:
All year round
- Hokkaido’s produce is renowned throughout the world and thus it is no wonder that Niseko has a thriving food scene. Meat lovers will appreciate the rare Kobe beef at Steak Rosso Rosso, and if you prefer seafood, we suggest trying out some of Hokkaido’s freshest catch at Ezo’s. A visit to one of Hirafu's two most famous restaurants – Kamimura and Ichimura, both serving exceptional fine Japanese dining, should also be on your checklist.
- For a bespoke elevated dining experience, Niseko Gourmet can arrange for a special meal to be cooked in your own chalet by one of Japan’s finest chefs. From a traditional sushi bar to an intimate sukiyaki meal, this is indulgence to the next level. Gourmet food delivery and grocery shopping are also offered in case you prefer to self-cater.
- Hirafu has steadily built a reputation as one of Hokkaido's prime health and wellness resorts. Relax those sore muscles in Hotel Niseko Alpen's volcanic hot spring (or 'onsen') – a popular choice due to its stunning mountain views, 25-metre pool and high-tech infrared light stone sauna. Japanese custom requires that you enter the gender-specific onsen without any clothes on, not even a swimsuit.
- For a night out around town, we suggest sampling rare Japanese whiskies at Bar Gyu or the vast selection of Japanese craft beers at Mick's. If you still have energy left, be sure to check out Wild Bill's for live music and late-night DJ sets.
- Explore some of the area's local museums on a rainy afternoon. The architecturally striking Shu Ogawara Museum of Art in nearby Kutchan is an ode to one of Hokkaido's most famous painters. With its display of colourful art pieces by the artist himself, as well as its seasonal exhibits and regular classical concerts, it is well-worth a visit any time of the year. Located right opposite the Museum of Art is the Kutchan Natural History Museum which hosts fascinating exhibits about the local fauna and the area's rich local history.
- Hokkaido has many festivals around the year and it is a great way to immerse yourself in the culture of the country. From Jaga Matsuri to Niseko Fireworks Festival, there’s plenty to choose from. Make sure you check the festival calendar for your vacation dates.
- The property is located one kilometre from the Grand Hirafu Gondola which gives you access to some of the area's steepest slopes, as well as some great beginner runs. A complimentary shuttle service is offered during winter from your doorstep to the gondola. From the gondola, there are other free shuttle buses that will take you to any of the other Niseko resorts.
- Whether you're a first-timer trying to familiarise yourself with a pair of skis or an accomplished snowboarder trying to perfect your turns, the Niseko Grand Hirafu Snow School has a wide range of lessons and programmes available which cater to all levels.
- Driving a snow mobile is an exhilarating way to explore Hirafu's incredible scenery. From adventurous guided tours speeding down forested trails, to skidding along the snow on a banana boat, there are plenty of options available for safe and exciting family fun.
- Kids love tobogganning and tubing down the slopes. Indulge them at Kids Land Annupuri, Niseko Kids at Niseko Village or Hirafu Alpen Kids Park and Zoo, which also has a mini-zoo with penguins, rabbits and llamas.
- For those slightly more adventurous we can recommend Niseko's specialist mountain guides. Highly trained in rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering and off-piste skiing, their incredible knowledge and understanding of the local terrain will provide you with an unforgettable experience of the area's wild backcountry in the safest possible way.
- Regularly hosting Japan's largest cycling race – the 'Tour de Hokkaido' – Hirafu is a much-loved cycling destination thanks to its stunning landscape, comfortable summers, excellent cycling facilities and wide variety of cycling trails which cater to all skill levels.
- Come spring, the snowmelt raises the water levels of the Shiribetsu River by almost two metres, making it ideal for white water rafting. A 12 km-long course runs from Hirafu Station to Niseko Station across Japan's cleanest river. Although it will take you past a number of exciting challenges, the course is easy enough to navigate while enjoying the valley's stunning beauty.
- With its elevated rope courses, zip-lines, free-fall platforms, bouncy slides and horse rides, the recreational park PURE provides a wonderful day-out for children and adults of all ages.
- The 18-hole, 73 par Niseko Village Golf Course is considered the jewel in the crown of Hokkaido's golf scene, thanks to its excellent facilities and the area's dry and pleasant summers. With the photogenic Mount Yotei in the background, we really can't think of a better place for practicing your shots or improving your handicap.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
Shake off the stress of holiday planning. Let the Elite Concierge take care of all your bookings and arrangements, from transport, tours and restaurant reservations, to any special requests for your arrival. We’re here to make your holiday experience extraordinary.
This chalet features:
- Living and dining spaces spread over one level
- Floor-to-ceiling windows with double-height atrium for sunlight and views
- Contemporary show kitchen with a breakfast bar
- Dining table with seating for eight guests
- A relaxing lounge with sofa seating and a flat-screen television with Apple TV
- Tatami room by night and playroom by day, ideal for children
- An entire floor dedicated to the rooftop deck
- Secure dry room for skis and outdoor equipment
- Laundry room
- Private balcony overlooking birchwood trees
- Located on the sleeping level a few steps down from the entrance
- Ensuite bathroom with a bathtub
- Equipped with a flat-screen television
- Double beds (convertible into twins)
- Two more guest bedrooms located on the same level
- Two single beds (can be joined into a double bed)
- A tatami room that can sleep 2 children on futons
- Shared bathroom with a separate shower
- Windows for sunlight
- Self-lighting side tables
Each elite haven in Niseko is self-catering. With a gorgeous fully equipped modern kitchen at your disposal, you will be tempted to stir up your favourite dishes or perhaps something for the little ones. Our partner, Niseko Gourmet offers provisioning services wherein handpicked Hokkaido produce will be brought to your doorstep, along with all the groceries you need.
However, a day on the slopes can get tiring. If you’re not in the mood to cook, why not order in a gourmet meal? Choose from Niseko Gourmet’s tempting menu and enjoy delicious food in the comfort of your living room. For an indulgent experience, ask our Concierge to set up a Niseko Gourmet dinner in your chalet. Sit back and relax as a master chef cooks up a storm within your holiday home and serves you delectable meals including a live display of handmade sushi or an intimate sashimi, tempura & soba noodle experience. Extravagant five or seven-course dinners for adults and two-course dinners for children can also be prepared.
If you feel like heading out, you’ll be spoilt for choice with some of the best restaurants in the area a stone’s throw away. Niseko has a flourishing food scene, with exciting bars, smart eateries and even some fabulous food trucks for a quick bite. Our Concierge will be happy to offer guidance about the best places to eat around your chalet, depending on your personal preferences. They can also make reservations on your behalf, if availability permits.Visit Niseko Gourmet
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service