Monforte - Villa H
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Weaving together contemporary and timeless design influences, the Monforte villas evoke a sense of luxury and nostalgia all at once. Located in a secluded part of the trendy area of Assagao, this gated villa community reflects the closely-knit Goan Portuguese culture and is a great option for large groups holidaying in Goa.
The two-storied Monforte Villa H preserves the sanctity and charm of Mediterranean architecture with its arches, open spaces and earthy-toned interiors. The cosy living and dining area cocoons you in air-conditioned comfort, opening out onto the gorgeous private pool deck for breezy evenings. However, you are spoilt for choice here – should you dine alfresco at the six-seater outdoor table by the pool or head upstairs to the charming terrace lounge replete with an outdoor bar, sofa seating and an Indian-style lounging charpoi (bed).
Retreat to one of the three ensuite bedrooms when you seek a bit of privacy. Fitted with modern amenities and classy furniture, the rooms will make you feel right at home. Two bedrooms feature double beds and kids will love the third room which has twin beds in bright hues of blue.
If you’d like to explore the area around, Assagao has it all— from peaceful churches and colourful Portuguese mansions to quaint little cafés and busy shops. The Villa Manager will be happy to take care of all your logistical needs such as arranging transport should you wish to go sightseeing or beach hopping, booking you a spa treatment to enjoy within the villa premises, or hiring a cook so your group can relish lavish home-cooked meals whenever your heart desires. Whether you're a small family or large group spread across different villas within the Monforte complex, your time at Monforte is sure to be special and unforgettable.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Your Guest Relations Manager and his team have a wealth of information about Goa and can recommend everything, from local food spots to curated walks. They’re a great resource for live music gigs and the music festivals that Goa is so well known for. A car and driver can be hired for the day (on extra charge) or shorter periods, as required. Here are some choice activities based in North Goa:
- Panaji’s award-winning restaurant, Mum’s Kitchen , has now opened doors in Maravilha Resort in Assagao. Owners Suzette and Rony have painstakingly collected grandmothers’ recipes passed down through the generations in traditional Goan kitchens and hired local women to cook them. Bestseller dishes include Cauliflower Caldeen, Chorizo Chilli Fry and Pamphlet (pomfret) Kodi with Poi (traditional Goan bread).
- Ping’s Bia Hoi is a Vietnamese beer garden which stocks fresh, local beers like Eight Finger Eddie and Goa’s famous craft gins, Stranger & Sons, Greater Than and Hapusa. A menu of Asian street food like dim sum and baos, salads and mains accompany the drinks. Drop in for Sunday brunch when the atmosphere is buzzing and there’s a live band playing peppy tunes.
- Goans love their music and there are plenty of spots to catch live gigs in North Goa. Cantares in Saligao and The Rice Mill in Morjim are where you’ll find locals listening to jazz, Toro Toro and The Lazy Goose have great bands playing old-school covers, and restaurant Mahe has funky fusion vocalists.
- Vayu Waterman’s Village is an entire complex of watersports and wellness activities located beyond Ashwem Beach. They offer surfing, wakeboarding, kitesurfing, SUP and private boat excursions. After a strenuous lesson, you can head to their Prana Cafe to sip healthy smoothies, eat local seafood and finish up with some vegan chocolate mousse.
- Culture vultures looking to embrace village life should book a curated tour with The Local Beat. This responsible travel company lets you experience Goa through the eyes of a ‘gaunkar’ (villager). You’ll discover picnic spots, tiny little towns with heritage structures, and an abundance of natural beauty ranging from zorrs (natural springs) to lakes, mangroves and islands.
- Goa’s hills and forests are an undiscovered treasure that you can explore with Khoj-Aao! Adventures, who specialise in backyard biodiversity. The company organises interactive wildlife walks and talks, waterfall hikes in Bhagwan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary and more. Sign up for their backyard nature trail in Assagao, which takes you up a hillock and through a shrub forest and you come back enlightened about indigenous flora, birds, butterflies and more.
- Swan Yoga Retreat is located on a hilltop in Assagao and managed by sanyasis (hermits/monks) who’ve trained at the Bihar School of Yoga. It offers daily drop-in classes for Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow Yoga and also has a vegetarian restaurant, boutique and library. There’s a spa spread across open clay cottages with ayurvedic therapies, a flotation tank and a herbal steam treatment room.
- The quiet lanes of Siolim are full of surprise gems like Siolim Cooking Classes , located in a traditional Goan-Portuguese house. French founder Lucie Masson starts the session with a trip to the fish market, where you learn to pick the freshest catch and then head to the school premises to make authentic Goan preparations like Prawns Caldine, Chicken Cafreal, Pork Vindaloo and Goan Pulao. The hearty, communal meal that follows is a feast for the senses.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Open-plan living room with timeless interiors and white walls
- French doors that give guests direct access to the pool, framing lush greenery
- Indoor dining table for eight people
- Air-conditioned study room
- Arched villa entrance hall with high ceilings
- Fully equipped kitchen for your use, should you wish to whip up something delicious
- Private pool for your sole use
- Round table on a raised lawn for alfresco dining
- Large terrace on the upper level with sunshade, sofa seating and an outdoor bar
- Poolside sun loungers
- Numerous sit-out areas around the villa
- Three bedrooms, of which two have double beds and one features twin beds
- Ensuite bathrooms with eye-catching tiles and luxury amenities
- Contemporary interiors and industrial concrete walls
- Televisions, sofa seating, and indoor plants to bring the outdoors in
- Air conditioning, French doors, and bedside tables with artistic lamps
The diversity of cuisine in India is unparalleled and no visit to one of our India villas is complete without sampling the delicious fare on offer. It is well-known that the best food in any country is homemade and cooked in the kitchens of the locals. At Elite Havens, we bring the experience of home dining to you, albeit in style. Relish local and international fare cooked to your taste by a private cook who will craft meals to delight you, day after day.
From breakfast until dinner, appetizers to desserts, dining promises to be a memorable affair at an elite haven. It is a common misconception that Indian food is spicy. Discover the myriad flavours of the various regions of this ancient country, cuisines that go far beyond Chicken Tikka Masala, and try age-old recipes passed from generation to generation. When you seek a bit of comfort, our cooks will be happy to revert back to international dishes of your preference. Come, indulge your senses in a way that only India can promise.View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service