Monforte - Villa C
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A Portuguese-style colony that transports you to the cobbled lanes of Europe, Monforte is a well-kept secret of Assagaon, Goa. The villas at Monforte artfully weave together Goan Portuguese architecture with modern world-class amenities to give you a lush and elegant holiday home.
Large groups can easily be accommodated across multiple villas, giving you the chance to mingle, while still offering you the privacy of your own space when you want to simply unwind. The three-storied Monforte Villa C features a long, open-plan living room with high ceilings and panelled windows and doors. Muted colours highlight pops of local craft in elements such as rugs and table lamps. The living room leads into the dining area with an eight-seater table and doors on both sides open onto the garden or pool deck.
Be it the alfresco dining area, the exclusive jacuzzi, the outdoor bar or the two levels of terraces, each space is crafted to perfection and unfurls a deep sense of relaxation throughout. Other features include a private pool, three and a half bedrooms, a semi-covered sit out and a self-sufficient kitchen. While breakfast is included in the villa rate, you are welcome to use the kitchen to stir up your favourite dishes or order in food from one of the restaurants nearby. Caretakers and housekeeping staff keep the house in top condition.
Full of vivid experiences, the village of Assagaon has it all, from peaceful churches and colourful Portuguese mansions to quaint little cafés and busy shops. Whether you want to go sightseeing or beach hopping, rent a car or crave a lavish home-cooked meal, the staff will be happy to assist and ensure your stay is as carefree as possible.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
North Goa is loved for its beaches, village settlements, award-winning restaurants and live music spots by both local and international travellers. It is located 40 kilometres from Dabolim Airport. There’s so much to discover that travellers feel compelled to keep coming back, year after year. A string of laid-back beaches marks this part of the state. While Anjuna Beach is famous for its vibrant nightlife, Assagao is a quaint village with plenty of entertainment options hiding within its leafy lanes dotted with ancient, Portuguese mansions. Vagator is known for sublime, cliffside sundowner spots where you can spend hours staring at the flaming sky, cocktail in hand. Meanwhile, Ashwem and Morjim are popular with families and international tourists for its flat terrain and gentle waves. Finally, Siolim is a quiet village with historic churches, homes with traditional architecture and a lush landscape.More information for Things to do
Your Guest Relations Manager and his team have a wealth of information about Goa and can recommend everything, from local food spots to curated walks. They’re a great resource for live music gigs and the music festivals that Goa is so well known for. A car and driver can be hired for the day (on extra charge) or shorter periods, as required. Here are some choice activities based in North Goa:
- Panaji’s award-winning restaurant, Mum’s Kitchen, has now opened doors in Maravilha Resort in Assagao. Owners Suzette and Rony have painstakingly collected grandmothers’ recipes passed down through the generations in traditional Goan kitchens and hired local women to cook them. Bestseller dishes include Cauliflower Caldeen, Chorizo Chilli Fry and Pamphlet (pomfret) Kodi with Poi (traditional Goan bread).
- Ping’s Bia Hoi is a Vietnamese beer garden which stocks fresh, local beers like Eight Finger Eddie and Goa’s famous craft gins, Stranger & Sons, Greater Than and Hapusa. A menu of Asian street food like dim sum and baos, salads and mains accompany the drinks. Drop in for Sunday brunch when the atmosphere is buzzing and there’s a live band playing peppy tunes.
- Goans love their music and there are plenty of spots to catch live gigs in North Goa. Cantares in Saligao and The Rice Mill in Morjim are where you’ll find locals listening to jazz, Toro Toro and The Lazy Goose have great bands playing old-school covers, and restaurant Mahe has funky fusion vocalists.
- Vayu Waterman’s Village is an entire complex of watersports and wellness activities located beyond Ashwem Beach. They offer surfing, wakeboarding, kitesurfing, SUP and private boat excursions. After a strenuous lesson, you can head to their Prana Cafe to sip healthy smoothies, eat local seafood and finish up with some vegan chocolate mousse.
- Culture vultures looking to embrace village life should book a curated tour with The Local Beat. This responsible travel company lets you experience Goa through the eyes of a ‘gaunkar’ (villager). You’ll discover picnic spots, tiny little towns with heritage structures, and an abundance of natural beauty ranging from zorrs (natural springs) to lakes, mangroves and islands.
- Goa’s hills and forests are an undiscovered treasure that you can explore with Khoj-Aao! Adventures, who specialise in backyard biodiversity. The company organises interactive wildlife walks and talks, waterfall hikes in Bhagwan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary and more. Sign up for their backyard nature trail in Assagao, which takes you up a hillock and through a shrub forest and you come back enlightened about indigenous flora, birds, butterflies and more.
- Swan Yoga Retreat is located on a hilltop in Assagao and managed by sanyasis (hermits/monks) who’ve trained at the Bihar School of Yoga. It offers daily drop-in classes for Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow Yoga and also has a vegetarian restaurant, boutique and library. There’s a spa spread across open clay cottages with ayurvedic therapies, a flotation tank and a herbal steam treatment room.
- The quiet lanes of Siolim are full of surprise gems like Siolim Cooking Classes, located in a traditional Goan-Portuguese house. French founder Lucie Masson starts the session with a trip to the fish market, where you learn to pick the freshest catch and then head to the school premises to make authentic Goan preparations like Prawns Caldine, Chicken Cafreal, Pork Vindaloo and Goan Pulao. The hearty, communal meal that follows is a feast for the senses.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- - Open-plan living room with high ceilings and panelled windows and doors
- Muted colours that highlight local craft such as rugs and table lamps
- A dining area with an eight-seater wooden table and doors on both sides that open onto the garden or pool deck
- Large, self-sufficient kitchen
- Powder room
- Private swimming pool with a water feature
- Outdoor jacuzzi for relaxation
- Covered poolside verandah with sofa seating
- Alfresco dining area with a table for six people
- Upper floor terrace, featuring a relaxing gazebo
- Outdoor bar
- Lawned garden with seating
- Three full bedrooms with king-size beds and ensuite bathrooms
- A media room with a flat-screen television and a sofa bed
- Tastefully decorated with accent walls and mosaic flooring
- Rooms may have a study table, sofa seating or a dressing area
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
The diversity of cuisine in India is unparalleled and no visit to one of our India villas is complete without sampling the delicious fare on offer. It is well-known that the best food in any country is homemade and cooked in the kitchens of the locals. At Elite Havens, we bring the experience of home dining to you, albeit in style. Relish local and international fare cooked to your taste by a private cook who will craft meals to delight you, day after day.
From breakfast until dinner, appetizers to desserts, dining promises to be a memorable affair at an elite haven. It is a common misconception that Indian food is spicy. Discover the myriad flavours of the various regions of this ancient country, cuisines that go far beyond Chicken Tikka Masala, and try age-old recipes passed from generation to generation. When you seek a bit of comfort, our cooks will be happy to revert back to international dishes of your preference. Come, indulge your senses in a way that only India can promise.View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service