Katamanda - Villa Makata 1
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Personifying tropical living, the stylish three-bedroom Villa Makata 1 is all about the island life. A lavish 10-metre pool takes centrestage, sheltered on three sides and wonderfully private, while its three spacious bedrooms are spread over two levels.
Walking distance from Kata Noi Beach, the staffed villa is part of the exclusive Katamanda Estate on Phuket’s south-west coast. It can be rented on its own or combined with its twin Villa Makata 2 next door. For larger groups, it can also be rented together with any of the other villas within the estate.
Look up at the high wood-beamed ceilings or admire the Balinese furniture as you settle down on the cushioned L-shaped sofa in the living room. Or the kids can gather around the island worktop and watch in fascination as you cook up their favourite dishes in the modern, open-plan kitchen. Sliding glass doors entice you outdoors, where alfresco meals or barbecues can be enjoyed poolside, or you could dine in the air-conditioned comfort of the dining room.
Though each bedroom has a charm of its own, there’s something to be said about the master bedroom’s tropical bath. Featuring both a rain shower as well as an outdoor bathtub, it is the quintessential indulgence one seeks from an island haven.
For a change of scene, you could access the estate’s clubhouse, which features a fitness centre, tennis court and a pool. Or you could head out to Kata and Patong nearby, with their multitude of shops, bars and restaurants.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Peace and privacy are assured at Villa Makata 1, set within the secure and luxuriantly landscaped Katamanda Estate with unfettered views over Kata Noi Bay. The white sands of Kata Noi Beach – one of Phuket’s finest – are just 800m away, while the larger Kata Beach lies just a little further to the north. Both Kata Noi and Kata Beaches are famous for lovely sunsets and excellent surfing conditions during the south-west monsoon months of May through October. Making the most of those spectacular vistas, some of the island’s best restaurants have sprung up on the beachfront and headland around Kata Noi. Meanwhile, the resort town of Kata offers several more dining, shopping and entertainment choices.More information for Things to do
Villa Makata 1 is well placed for easy access to Phuket’s best beaches and attractions. Get in touch with the Elite Concierge for dining recommendations around town and for assistance in making reservations or booking golf tee-off times, yacht trips, cultural tours and more. Here's a peek into the activities that you can enjoy in Phuket while staying at the villa.
- Kata and Kata Noi Beaches are top surfing spots, with board rentals and surfing lessons available. During the calmer months from November to April, explore the coastline on a stand-up paddle or visit the lively Surf House near the Kata beachfront for some flowboarding action.
- Discover the beauty of the Andaman Sea aboard a luxury yacht or scuba diving trip. An easy day cruise takes you to the majestic karsts of Phang Nga Bay, to the dive and snorkelling sites of Raya island, or the busy but still magnificent Phi Phi Islands.
- Explore Phuket’s sacred side with a visit to Wat Chalong, its largest Buddhist temple, and to the nearby Big Buddha, a 45-metre white marble statue set atop one of the island’s highest hills.
- Take in Kata’s famous sunsets while indulging in a great meal at one of the excellent restaurants perched along its coastline. Kata Rocks is a great spot for modern Mediterranean cuisine and seafood, while Mom Tri’s Kitchen and The Boathouse both serve classic Thai cuisine and fabulous wines.
- Join a walking tour of Phuket Old Town and learn about the diverse cultural influences behind its colourful Sino-Portuguese shophouses and delicious regional cuisine. Or explore the Old Town Sunday Street Market at your own pace.
- Learn how to make your favourite dishes by joining a Thai cookery class, which often involves a guided shopping trip to a local fresh market. The Elite Concierge can arrange this at your own villa too.
- Explore Phuket’s lush interiors on a bicycle tour or an ATV trip. Undertake jungle walks to discover waterfalls and pay a visit to the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project, or go zip-lining at Hanuman World and visit the elephant sanctuary.
- Indulge in a shopping extravaganza at one of Phuket’s bustling malls including Jungceylon in Patong and a sprinkling of boutique shops and lively street markets.
- Tee off at one of several golf courses in Phuket including Phunaka Golf Club, Red Mountain and Phuket Country Club. Or join the little ones for a round of mini-golf in the Jurassic Park-styled surrounds of Dino Park.
- Delve into Phuket’s nightlife with a variety of places to go to, from simple beachside beer shacks to upscale cocktail bars and DJ dance clubs.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Comfortable lounge with Balinese furniture
- Indoor dining table for six people
- Modern open-plan kitchen with a large island
- Sliding windows and high, wood-panelled ceilings
- Large flat-screen TV
- 10-metre blue-tiled pool sheltered on three sides
- Vast terrace with sun loungers
- Lovely tropical garden
- Alfresco dining table for six people
- King-size four-poster bed
- Air conditioned
- Beautifully appointed, with wooden flooring
- Located on the ground level with a private balcony
- Spacious ensuite bathroom with a tropical, outdoor bathtub and a rain shower
Guest bedroom 1
- Twin beds
- Air conditioned
- Wooden flooring
- Large ensuite bathroom with a rain shower
- On the ground level, overlooking the pool
Guest bedroom 2
- King-size bed
- Air conditioned
- Wooden flooring
- Ensuite bathroom with a rain shower
- Located on the lower level
Indoor and outdoor dining areas abound in villas within the Katamanda Estate. With sunset-view decks, the outdoors tempt and the pool deck is a favoured spot for breakfast with a view or sundowners.
Continental breakfast is included in some villas, allowing you to take it easy in the morning and enjoy the stunning views at leisure, a cup of coffee in hand. If breakfast isn’t included, you will find a range of fantastic breakfast eateries right at your doorstep in Kata.
Every villa is complete with a well-equipped kitchen, and all the appliances and equipment necessary for preparing meals. Although usually the chef’s domain, it is available for guests to use at their convenience.
Guests may hire a chef for an extra charge. Discuss your dining needs with the Villa Manager who will communicate the same to the chef and make all the necessary arrangements.
Thai cuisine goes far beyond the curries that you may be familiar with. Ask your chef to cook some regional delicacies and you are in for a treat. The chefs are also adept at western dishes and can modify dishes to suit dietary requirements and preferences. They are magicians when it comes to crafting kids menus and pleasing the pickiest of eaters.
The villa staff is also happy to order and pick-up takeaway meals, should you want to order in. Kata has some great options spanning Thai and international cuisines including pizza, pasta and comfort food for when you crave it.
Chefs are in charge of ingredient shopping, which is charged at market price plus a 20% handling fee and 7% tax at the prevailing rate. You are requested to provide money in advance to cover the grocery bills and the team will keep the receipts for your reference. To give the chef enough time to shop and prepare food, you are requested to plan meals well in advance.View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service