Majapahit Beach - Villa Raj
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Part of the three-villa Majapahit Beach Villas complex, Villa Raj is a contemporary-designed, three-bedroom residence located in the quiet fishing village of Ketewel on Bali’s south-east coast – a remote and beautiful place filled with swaying coconut palms and privy to ocean breezes and incredible sunrises.
Two-storey Villa Raj is nobly decked out with hardwood floors, antiques and very inviting soft furnishings with the main living and dining room leading out to the garden and 12-metre pool via two jacuzzi tubs – one of them indulgently positioned indoors. Three romantic bedrooms, complete with king-size beds and opulent bathrooms, offer views of either the garden or, from the balcony of the master suite, glimpses of the ocean.
Relaxation comes easy at Villa Raj, where guests have the choice of either working on their tans from a poolside sun lounger, enjoying a professional massage in the comfort and shade of the pavilion at the end of the pool, or simply kicking back in the cushioned gazebo and watching the day slide by. Alternatively, guests can avail themselves of Majapahit Beach Villas’ private 13-metre beachfront deck. Elevated above the water with steps leading down to the sand, the deck offers a spectacular vista of Bali’s dramatic coastline, Nusa Penida Island, and on a clear day, the mighty Mt Agung.
Fully staffed by a professional team including a manager, personal on-call butlers, a chef and daily housekeeping, Villa Raj is perfect for groups of friends, families with older children, or guests attending a wedding at big-sister Villa Maya, which specialises in beachside nuptials.
Wonderful ocean-front setting
Pool merges lounge and garden together
Great service, great staff
Within easy reach of Sanur and Ubud
"Wayan made our stay at Villa Raj more than pleasurable. He was very accommodating for our every desire and helped out so much with our 5 year old twins. Wayan went above and beyond for us every single day, we appreciated him very much. Our family spent time in the pool and having private dinners in our own villa."
Real time availability
Last Minute Offer – Now Extended for a Limited Time
Last Minute Offer – Now Extended for a Limited Time
We extended our Last-Minute Offer from 15 to 30 days, valid for all stays from now until 14th December. Book and check-in anytime within 30 days and enjoy 10% off. Make your dream vacation a reality now.
Terms and conditions:
- Only valid for new bookings received from 5th September 2018.
- Only valid for stays from now until 14th December 2018.
- Applicable to bookings with check-ins within the next 30 days.
- May be combined with other offers. Conditions apply.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 04-Oct-2018.
|Period||Price per night (USD)||10+ nights (USD)||Min stay||Inclusions|
|01-Sep-2018 to 14-Dec-2018||340 ++||289 ++||2 nights|
|15-Dec-2018 to 25-Dec-2018||480 ++||432 ++||5 nights|
|26-Dec-2018 to 05-Jan-2019||605 ++||575 ++||7 nights|
Features and amenities
- Bright living and dining area opens to the garden and makes a great social hub
- Opulent double jacuzzi extends right into the living room
- Fan-cooled space with hardwood floors, comfy chairs, satellite-channel TV, and dining for six
- Stylish interiors feature artwork, antique carvings and two ornate timber doors
- Feature staircase spirals up to the master suite
- 12-metre swimming pool
- Large comfortably furnished balé hung with billowing white drapes
- Private walled garden with lush lawn, shaded sun loungers and bursting with tropical foliage
- Massage pavilion at the far end of the pool Beachside deck with thatched balé shared with Villa Raj
- Opulent, air-conditioned room regally decked out in dark woods and rich fabrics
- King-size bed
- Artwork includes framed photos from Bali’s golden age
- Sliding doors onto wide, shaded balcony overlooking the pool
- Sumptuous, two-part ensuite bathroom with bath, shower and twin basins
- Sleep to the sound of the surf
- Two mirror-image, air-conditioned, ground floor rooms with king-size beds
- Featuring magnificent carved doors and soaring wood-and-bamboo-lined ceilings
- Accessible from both garden and living area
- Semi-open-air bathrooms in black polished concrete and with pergola roofs
- Seductive hidden lighting, sunken tubs, rain shower and tropical plants in both bathrooms
Majapahit Beach Villas are located at Pabean Beach down a narrow lane off the Klungkung Bypass, which runs along the east coast and is also known as the Sunrise Road. Bounded by the River Wos, rice fields, tobacco plantations, papaya, banana and coconut groves, the area is blessed with spectacular views extending across the ocean towards the beaches of Sanur and Nusa Dua, the islands of Lembongan, Ceningan and Penida, and the mountains of East Bali.
Pabean was once a small port through which oriental traders brought their products; at low tide you can still see the structure of the old harbour. This glistening black sand stretch of coastline is popular with surfers and beachcombers but swirling currents and a lack of lifeguards make it unsuitable for swimming for all but the most confident of swimmers.
The nearby village of Ketewel is the origin of the celebrated Legong Bededari Dance, and the neighbouring village of Saba produced the finest Legong dancers on the island. There are no Western-style restaurants in this area, but there are plenty of local warungs (eateries), while international restaurants, shops galore can be found just 13km away in Sanur. Also the location is in between Seminyak and the cultural capital of Bali, Ubud and just 5 -10 minutes from all the famous traditional villages of Mas, Sukawati, Batubulan and Batuan for all handicraft shopping.
Things to do
The villa manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask other staff about the local area. Invariably some of them will live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the Majapahit Beach Villas.
- The stretch of beach between Sanur and Ketewel is well known as a surfer’s heaven (especially in east coast season, which runs from November to May, when the winds turn offshore on this side of the island), but beginners should be aware of strong, swirling currents. Good breaks can be found in front of the Grand Bali and Sanur Beach Hotels, while surf spots really close to Majapahit Beach Villas include Keramas, Ketewel and Cucukan.
- Sukawati (7km) is famous for its cheap local arts and crafts market although better quality goods can be had in Ubud (art), Celuk (silverware) and Mas (woodwork).
- Bicycles are available at Majapahit Beach Villas for exploring the scenic rice-field and tobacco – plantation landscape, coastline and rural villages (a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali.) Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Le Mayeur Museum in Sanur (11km) is the former home of noted Belgian impressionist Adrian Jean Le Mayeur. The building is now a museum which, as well as showcasing the artist’s work, gives visitors an insight into what it must have been like to be one of Bali’s very first expats. Although in need of some maintenance, this remains one of Bali’s true hidden treasures.
- An annual international kite festival takes place at Padang Galak beach (just north of Sanur) every July. Traditional Balinese giant kites up to ten metres in length are made and flown competitively by teams from different villages around Bali. Originally, these kites were intended to send a message to the Hindu Gods to create abundant crops and harvests. Aside from the festival itself, visitors will see many giant kites being flown in this area from June through to August.
- Saba Bay Horse Riding (3km) has a special horse riding track (suitable for beginners) on a beautiful black sandy beach overlooking the Indian Ocean and Nusa Penida Island.
- There are several dive operators around Sanur, but this area is more suited to beginners or refresher courses. The better dive sites are further North in Tulumben, or out on the islands of Nusa Penida and Lembongan.
- Bali Safari & Marine Park (8km) offers a fun family day out. Home to hundreds of amazing animals representing more than 50 species, it presents a tram ride through the animal enclosures, a marine aquarium, a theatre, animal educational and entertainment shows, as well as the Fun Zone where visitors can get wet and wild in the Waterpark or embark on a Jungle Cruise.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
- Fishermen, snorkellers or those who just fancy a sunset cruise can set sail on Majapahit Beach Villas’ traditional fishing boat – your villa manager will be pleased to arrange your trip.
- Other activities include golfing in Sanur, the Elephant Safari Park, rafting in Ubud and only 5km away is the famous surfing beach of Keramas.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions