Majapahit Beach - Villa Maya
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
From the shade of towering coconut palms at the water's edge, Villa Maya gazes across the ocean to the distant island of Nusa Penida. With ocean views from its bedrooms, an unbelievably romantic self-contained 'honeymoon' suite housed in an antique wooden joglo within the garden, and an impeccable team of staff, guests at this luxurious four-bedroom, beachfront haven on Bali's south-east coast will want for nothing.
Villa Maya's two-storey main building is nobly decked out with hardwood floors, antiques and very inviting soft furnishings; its central living and dining area leading out to the garden and 14-metre pool via two jacuzzi tubs – one of them indulgently positioned indoors. Three romantic bedrooms with opulent bathrooms, offer views of the sea from between the sheets.
An open-sided pavilion overlooking the ocean at the far end of the garden provides an alternative living and dining space, and it's here that many of your meals are likely to be served, although candlelit dinners under palm trees and stars on the seaside deck are also very special.
It comes as no surprise that Villa Maya is a much-sought-after wedding venue. The beautifully ornate, antique wooden joglo within the villa's grounds, complete with delightful bedroom, living and dining space, a kitchen and a 9-metre private pool, makes the ultimate honeymoon suite, while the joglo's large lawn space and waterfront deck provide the perfect backdrop for the most romantic of nuptials.
Being one of three private homes for rental on the exclusive Majapahit Beach Villas estate, fully staffed by a professional team including a manager, personal on-call butlers, a chef and daily housekeeping, Villa Maya is perfect for groups of friends, families with older children, brides and grooms and wedding guests.
With its absolute oceanfront position, exotic tropical island views, eclectic interiors and five-star service, Villa Maya will make your Bali holiday dream come true.
Wonderful ocean front setting
A pool which blurs uniquely into the lounge
Great service, great staff
4th bedroom annex with private pool
Easy reach of Sanur and Ubud
"Bali has always a special place in the hearts of our family. This is maybe our 12th trip to Bali. This trip however has made it to the top of the memory list and it is because of the blessed staff we met this time. Especially the Villa Manager and Dewa- they really made everything homely and honest. The rest of the team was exceptional, one of the best I have experienced. "
Real time availability
Plan & Save 25%
Plan & Save 25%
Book at least 90 days ahead of your stay and enjoy 25% discount on stays until 25 June 2020 - excluding high season dates.
Terms and conditions:- Only valid for new bookings received from 4 November 2019 until 29 February 2020.- Must book at least 90 days prior to the arrival date.- Applicable for stays concluded before 25 June 2020, excluding high season dates.- Not valid with any other discounts or offers.
Discover More - Limited Time Only
Discover More - Limited Time Only
Save up to 20% in February and March. Stay for 4 nights or more & also get complimentary use of a chauffeur-driven car for a day.
Terms and conditions:- Only valid for stays from 1 February 2020 until 31 March 2020- For new bookings from 24 January 2020 onwards- Long stays of 4 nights or more enjoy the use of a car and driver for one day, up to a maximum of 8 hours- May not be combined with any other discount or offer- Minimum night requirements apply- Final offer value will be confirmed by your villa specialist
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 28-Feb-2020.
- Fan-cooled living and dining room bordering the swimming pool, with folding glass doors, Satellite TV and hi fi system, sofas and occasional furniture
- Sunken Jacuzzi extending into the living space and overflowing into the pool to create an attractive water feature
- Dining area overlooking a fish pond, furnished with a solid table and six planter chairs
- Colourful local artwork, woodcarvings and antiques throughout the villa
- Fully equipped kitchen adjoining the dining room
- Charming open-sided living pavilion in the garden,with colourful beaded lanterns, large cushioned daybed and two circular dining tables and armchairs
- Walled garden with manicured lawns fringed by towering coconut palms, pandanas, fragrant frangipanis and flowering shrubs.
- 14m swimming pool, outdoor shower, sun loungers and sunbrellas
- Open-sided draped massage pavilion with massage bed
- Large timber deck set on a beachside buff, with stone steps leading down to the black-sand beach. Furnished with a daybed, a balé and an alfresco dining table with six cane chairs
- Occupies entire upper floor, under a soaring pitched roof
- King-size bed, desk and chair
- Satellite TV/DVD/CD player
- Glass doors opening onto timber balcony with sofa and loungers
- Panoramic sea views
- Air conditioned
- Ensuite with bathtub, shower and two separate dressing rooms
- Two identical air conditioned guest bedrooms on ground floor
- Each furnished with king-size bed, desk and chair
- Satellite TV/DVD/CD player
- Magnificent carved wooden doors
- Terraces with twin loungers
- Stunning semi open-air bathrooms with water features, bath tubs and rain showers
Joglo (Bridal Suite)
- Ornately carved, antique Indonesian timber house with private beachside setting
- Air conditioned bedroom with king-size bed and flat-screen TV
- Shady open-sided living room with hardwood floors and richly carved ceilings
- Bright tropical gardens with 9m x 3m plunge pool
- Waterfront deck furnished with built-in couches shaded by a canvas canopy, sun loungers and bean bags
- Steps leading down to the black-sand beach
Majapahit Beach Villas are located at Pabean Beach down a narrow lane off the Klungkung Bypass, which runs along the east coast and is also known as the Sunrise Road. Bounded by the River Wos, rice fields, tobacco plantations, papaya, banana and coconut groves, the area is blessed with spectacular views extending across the ocean towards the beaches of Sanur and Nusa Dua, the islands of Lembongan, Ceningan and Penida, and the mountains of East Bali.
Pabean was once a small port through which oriental traders brought their products; at low tide you can still see the structure of the old harbour. This glistening black sand stretch of coastline is popular with surfers and beachcombers but swirling currents and a lack of lifeguards make it unsuitable for swimming for all but the most confident of swimmers.
The nearby village of Ketewel is the origin of the celebrated Legong Bededari Dance, and the neighbouring village of Saba produced the finest Legong dancers on the island. There are no Western-style restaurants in this area, but there are plenty of local warungs (eateries), while international restaurants, shops galore can be found just 13km away in Sanur. Also the location is in between Seminyak and the cultural capital of Bali, Ubud and just 5 -10 minutes from all the famous traditional villages of Mas, Sukawati, Batubulan and Batuan for all handicraft shopping.
Things to do
The villa manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask other staff about the local area. Invariably some of them will live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the Majapahit Beach Villas.
- The stretch of beach between Sanur and Ketewel is well known as a surfer’s heaven (especially in east coast season, which runs from November to May, when the winds turn offshore on this side of the island), but beginners should be aware of strong, swirling currents. Good breaks can be found in front of the Grand Bali and Sanur Beach Hotels, while surf spots really close to Majapahit Beach Villas include Keramas, Ketewel and Cucukan.
- Sukawati (7km) is famous for its cheap local arts and crafts market although better quality goods can be had in Ubud (art), Celuk (silverware) and Mas (woodwork).
- Bicycles are available at Majapahit Beach Villas for exploring the scenic rice-field and tobacco – plantation landscape, coastline and rural villages (a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali.) Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Le Mayeur Museum in Sanur (11km) is the former home of noted Belgian impressionist Adrian Jean Le Mayeur. The building is now a museum which, as well as showcasing the artist’s work, gives visitors an insight into what it must have been like to be one of Bali’s very first expats. Although in need of some maintenance, this remains one of Bali’s true hidden treasures.
- An annual international kite festival takes place at Padang Galak beach (just north of Sanur) every July. Traditional Balinese giant kites up to ten metres in length are made and flown competitively by teams from different villages around Bali. Originally, these kites were intended to send a message to the Hindu Gods to create abundant crops and harvests. Aside from the festival itself, visitors will see many giant kites being flown in this area from June through to August.
- Saba Bay Horse Riding (3km) has a special horse riding track (suitable for beginners) on a beautiful black sandy beach overlooking the Indian Ocean and Nusa Penida Island.
- There are several dive operators around Sanur, but this area is more suited to beginners or refresher courses. The better dive sites are further North in Tulumben, or out on the islands of Nusa Penida and Lembongan.
- Bali Safari & Marine Park (8km) offers a fun family day out. Home to hundreds of amazing animals representing more than 50 species, it presents a tram ride through the animal enclosures, a marine aquarium, a theatre, animal educational and entertainment shows, as well as the Fun Zone where visitors can get wet and wild in the Waterpark or embark on a Jungle Cruise.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Fishermen, snorkellers or those who just fancy a sunset cruise can set sail on Majapahit Beach Villas’ traditional fishing boat – your villa manager will be pleased to arrange your trip.
- Other activities include golfing in Sanur, the Elephant Safari Park, rafting in Ubud and only 5km away is the famous surfing beach of Keramas.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions