Majapahit Beach Villas
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Majapahit Beach Villas is a collection of three stunning villas near Sanur, overlooking the ocean and distant island of Nusa Penida. The villas offer everything from a romantic beachfront haven to a luxurious 10-bedroom group getaway, and can sleep up to 20 adults. Similar in layout and design, the three villas are connected via a pathway that leads to the beach, and between them offer plenty of indoor and outdoor lounging space, dining areas, relaxation balés, three swimming pools, and lush foliage-fringed lawns. A fabulous wedding and events venue, the villas suit groups of friends and families looking for serenity on Bali’s quieter south-east coast.
The Majapahit Beach Villas blend contemporary style with modern comfort, and design elements with traditional artistry and symbolism. Offering five-star service and a superb coastal setting, each of the three villas has its own swimming pool set in a walled garden. Whilst four-bedroomed Villa Maya is located right beside the sea, three-bedroomed villas Raj and Nataraj are tucked in just behind with blissful sea vistas from the upstairs bedrooms and a shared seaside deck for access to the water’s edge.
The villas are available in any combination from three to 10 bedrooms. Thanks to an ornate, antique wooden joglo, set in its own garden facing the sea, and private Hindu temple, Majapahit Beach Villas is a much-sought-after wedding venue. Complete with delightful bedroom, living and dining space, a kitchen and an eight-metre private pool, the joglo also makes the ultimate honeymoon suite, while the extensive lawn space and waterfront deck provide the perfect backdrop for the most romantic of nuptials for up to 100 guests .
Located on Pabean Beach, close to Ketewel, a village famed for its Legong dancers, the rural setting is dominated by rice fields, tobacco plantations, papaya, banana and ocean groves. Although the sea is not safe for swimming outside the villa, guests may enjoy snorkelling, fishing and coastal cruising from the villa’s private jukung (traditional boat). For restaurants and shopping, guests may make for Sanur, 13km away, or venture to romantic Ubud, 19km distant.
Click on these links to find out more about the four-bedroom Villa Maya and the three bedroomed villas, Villa Nataraj and Villa Raj , of visit the Majapahit Beach Villas website to see which combination of villas and rooms will work best for you.
Wonderful ocean front setting
Pool merges lounge and garden together
Great service, great staff
Easy reach of Sanur and Ubud
"One of the greatest weeks of our lifes, the villas and staff are amazing. Majapahit is an oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist hot spots but with in easy reach for any day trips. We stayed with our extended families and noone wished to ever leave. We definitely would love to stay there again one day!"
Rates and Real time availability
Low season rates extended and enjoy 30% off
Low season rates extended and enjoy 30% offLow season rates now apply to all bookings to 17 December 2020 and enjoy 30% off. Avoid the crowds and cocoon yourself in the privacy and safety of your own luxury villa.
Additional discounts available for stays of 10 nights or longer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for longer stay prices.
At Elite Havens, we understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions:
- Low season rates and discounts applicable, for new bookings received from 22 June 2020, and for stays before 17 December 2020
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 31-Oct-2020.
- A private pathway leads to the beach and links the villas together via individual garden gates.
- Fan-cooled living and dining areas open up to the garden and pool
- Living areas equipped with satellite-channel TVs, DVD/CD players, music systems and comfy sofas
- Stylish interiors feature artwork, antique carvings and ornate doors
- Opulent sunken jacuzzis-for-two extend into the main living spaces
- Villa Maya has a separate dining area, as well as an open-sided garden pavilion with lanterns, a large cushioned daybed and a dining table
- Three swimming pools, outdoor showers, sun loungers and sunbrellas, plus an additional plunge pool in the one-bedroom joglo
- Relaxation pavilions and open-sided massage balés hung with billowing white drapes
- A private Hindu temple and furnished seaside decks with steps leading down to Pabean’s black sand beach
- Each villa has an upper-floor master suite with king-sized bed, furnished balcony, opulent bathroom and panoramic sea views
- Each villa has two ground-floor guest bedrooms with king-size beds, open-air bathrooms and private terraces
- Villa Maya includes a romantic, ornately carved joglo house complete with king-sized bedroom, living room, private garden with plunge pool, and waterfront deck with steps down to the beach
- All bedrooms come with air conditioning and ceiling fans, as well as satellite-channel TVs and DVD/CD players
Majapahit Beach Villas are located at Pabean Beach, near Ketewel, on Bali’s south-east coast. Bounded by the River Wos, rice fields, tobacco plantations, papaya, banana and coconut groves, the area is blessed with spectacular views extending across the ocean towards the beaches of Sanur and Nusa Dua, the islands of Lembongan, Ceningan and Penida, and the mountains of East Bali. The glistening black sands along this stretch of coastline are popular with surfers and beachcombers.
There are plenty of local warungs (eateries), and international restaurants and shops galore can be found just 11km away in Sanur. The villas are only a scenic 19km from Ubud, Bali’s cultural capital, and a short drive from the villages of Mas, Sukawati, Batubulan and Batuan, famous for their traditional handcrafts and fascinating to visit.
Things to do
The villa manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask other staff about the local area. Invariably some of them will live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the Majapahit Beach Villas.
- The stretch of beach between Sanur and Ketewel is well known as a surfer’s heaven (especially in east coast season, which runs from November to May, when the winds turn offshore on this side of the island), but beginners should be aware of strong, swirling currents. Good breaks can be found in front of the Grand Bali and Sanur Beach Hotels, while surf spots really close to Majapahit Beach Villas include Keramas, Ketewel and Cucukan.
- Sukawati (7km) is famous for its cheap local arts and crafts market although better quality goods can be had in Ubud (art), Celuk (silverware) and Mas (woodwork).
- Bicycles are available at Majapahit Beach Villas for exploring the scenic rice-field and tobacco – plantation landscape, coastline and rural villages (a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali.) Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Le Mayeur Museum in Sanur (11km) is the former home of noted Belgian impressionist Adrian Jean Le Mayeur. The building is now a museum which, as well as showcasing the artist’s work, gives visitors an insight into what it must have been like to be one of Bali’s very first expats. Although in need of some maintenance, this remains one of Bali’s true hidden treasures.
- An annual international kite festival takes place at Padang Galak beach (just north of Sanur) every July. Traditional Balinese giant kites up to ten metres in length are made and flown competitively by teams from different villages around Bali. Originally, these kites were intended to send a message to the Hindu Gods to create abundant crops and harvests. Aside from the festival itself, visitors will see many giant kites being flown in this area from June through to August.
- Saba Bay Horse Riding (3km) has a special horse riding track (suitable for beginners) on a beautiful black sandy beach overlooking the Indian Ocean and Nusa Penida Island.
- There are several dive operators around Sanur, but this area is more suited to beginners or refresher courses. The better dive sites are further North in Tulumben, or out on the islands of Nusa Penida and Lembongan.
- Bali Safari & Marine Park (8km) offers a fun family day out. Home to hundreds of amazing animals representing more than 50 species, it presents a tram ride through the animal enclosures, a marine aquarium, a theatre, animal educational and entertainment shows, as well as the Fun Zone where visitors can get wet and wild in the Waterpark or embark on a Jungle Cruise.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Other activities include golfing in Sanur, the Elephant Safari Park, rafting in Ubud and only 5km away is the famous surfing beach of Keramas.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (1)
ML, 18-May-2012 - 24-May-2012One of the greatest weeks of our lifes, the villas and staff are amazing. Majapahit is an oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist hot spots but with in easy reach for any day trips. We stayed with our extended families and noone wished to ever leave. We definitely would love to stay there again one day!
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions