Lakshmi Villas - Solo
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Set within an enchanted courtyard garden brimming with frangipani, heliconia and hibiscus, Solo is the most intimate of Lakshmi villas, and also the most romantic, making it an ideal hideaway for honeymooners. Its tranquil setting belies a convenient location right in the thick of Seminyak; a district famed for its golden sandy beach, world class restaurants, trendy bars and designer boutiques.
The villa takes its name from the historic city of Solo in Central Java, known as the cradle of Javanese culture and famed for its distinctive batiks. A contemporary Balinese design celebrates tropical living, with an open-sided living pavilion with soaring ceilings overlooking the swimming pool fringed in lush greenery. A spacious air-conditioned bedroom comes with sitting area, satellite TV and DVD player and delightful garden bathroom. Those looking for extra space can rent Villa Solo in conjunction with the adjacent two-bedroomed Villa Kawi, connected by a garden door. Or larger groups can benefit from adding Villa Toba (two bedroom), Villa Ubud (two bedroom), and the one-bedroomed Apartment, to provide up to 8 bedrooms. Lakshmi Villas are all within close proximity of each other in this exclusive enclave, however they still retain their individual privacy. Check at www.lakshmivillas.com.
Our long-standing staff provide a warm welcome and a discreet, professional service, and include a 24 hour butler and a full-time manager, who will take care of all your holiday needs, from car rental to tour bookings and restaurant reservations. The villa has its own private kitchen, with mini bar and complimentary tea and coffee, while our Executive Chef prepares tasty meals in the master kitchen from an extensive a la carte menu that includes western and Asian dishes. He is also happy to accommodate any special requests – from four-course feasts to poolside barbecues.
Whether you want to stroll down to the world class dining venues of ‘eat street,’ shop till you drop, lounge on the beach, or sip cocktails at sunset, the opportunities that come with a stay at Villa Solo are endless.
One-bedroom honeymoon seclusion
Adjoining door for tandem rentals
Professional staff – gourmet chef
Secure and private estate
Five-minute stroll to beach
"Wonderful place, wonderful stay and we had a great time."
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 08-May-2019.
- Open-sided living and dining pavilion rests poolside with a soaring roof above a cool terrazzo floor
- Comfy, fan-cooled sitting area with a cushioned rattan lounge suite
- Fan-cooled dining area with a table for four
- Integrated kitchen equipped with a two-burner gas hob, fridge and microwave (additionally a staffed and fully-equipped service kitchen serves all four of the Laksmi Villas)
- 6m swimming pool
- Small timber sundeck furnished with two sunloungers and an umbrella
- Stone-carved waterspouts provide the serene sound of running water
- High garden walls bordered by flowering shrubs, two frangipani trees and a travellers' palm
- Barbeque for alfresco feasting
- An interconnecting door links Villa Solo with the villa next door, offering a three-bedroom renting option with two pools
- Air-conditioned bedroom with a canopied king-size bed
- 31-inch satellite-channel TV and DVD/CD player
- Integrated study/sitting area furnished with a cushioned daybed, desk and chair
- Ensuite open-air bathroom planted with yucca palms, and fitted with a walk-in rainshower and a bathtub for two
Lakshmi villas are part of the Laksmana Private Villas Estate, with a number of villas located along a picturesque tree-lined lane. Many of Seminyak’s attractions are within easy walking distance. A gate at the back of the estate grants quick access to Seminyak Square, with a number of restaurants and boutiques, as well as a bakery and gourmet supermarket. Alternatively, wander down the lane and turn left for the golden sandy beach at Oberoi, legendary beach club Ku De Ta – still the island’s hottest sunset spot, and a number of boutiques and restaurants, including Teatro Gastroteque which provides one of Bali’s most exciting dining experiences. Turn right for the funky neighbourhood known as Petitenget, with its ancient sea temple, La Lucciola with atmospheric beachfront Italian dining and Motel Mexicola which serves Mexican-themed food in colourful retro surrounds. Wine lovers can stroll to Vin+, a restaurant and wine boutique which offers the most extensive selection of retail wines on the island. While those in search of a decadent spa or salon treatment can pop into Body Works – one of the Bali’s most renowned day spas.
Things to do
Lakshmi Villas’ manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Visit Uluwatu Temple which clings to the limestone cliffs on the southern-most tip of Bali. The sea goddess Dewi Laut is worshipped here and this is one of the island’s most important,not to mention dramatically situated temples. Nightly kecak (fire trance dance) is performed here against a backdrop of a stunning sunset
- Head down to Echo Beach where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer, including a famous nightly barbecue at The Beach House. Note that the beach here is dark volcanic sand and the waters are better suited to surfing than swimming or paddling. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast was created by one of Indonesia’s premier art collectors,and provides a range of atmospheric dining experiences.
- Horseriding on professionally trained horses and ponies will take you through the lush rice terraces around Kerobokan, or provide the chance for a sunset gallop through the surf along the rugged south-western coast.
- Take a scenic downhill Mountain Cycling tour starting from the Mount Batur Volcano at Kintamani, and pass through lush valleys, traditional villages and scenic green rice paddys while learning about Bali’s rich and fascinating culture.
- Explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Acclaimed as the world’s best, the atmospheric Elephant Safari Park in Taro (north of Ubud) provides a sanctuary for elephants rescued from Sumatra, with opportunities for trekking, hand feeding, and photo taking. There is also a fascinating museum and an excellent restaurant in a beautiful tropical setting deep in the forests of Bali’s hinterland.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Hire a car and driver and explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages of Bali’s hinterland – a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions