The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
The Sunshine State of Goa is divided into numerous self-sufficient villages or vaddos. Designed in line with Goan aesthetics, Fonteira Villas is a complex of eight individual villas built by Isprava in the quiet, leafy town of Assagao in North Goa. The sprawling three and four-bedroom villas can be rented individually or together to accommodate larger groups. They are all connected by charming cobblestone streets and offer a range of luxurious amenities to holiday-goers.
Assagao is a fashionable residential area in Goa that is quaint and sleepy, yet well-connected to North Goa’s hip restaurants, clubs, bars and beaches that are a short drive away. At Fonteira Villas, you can choose to stay in and enjoy a tranquil vacation with your loved ones, or head out and explore North Goa’s many sights by renting a car with the help of your Villa Manager.
Evoking memories of a traditional Portuguese village, Fonteira Villas offer a range of facilities such as private swimming pools with Instagrammable decks; spacious, airy bedrooms done up with bespoke furnishings; elegant living and common areas with refurbished antique furniture and artefacts sourced from palaces and mansions in India and Europe; fully equipped kitchens; and entertainment options such as complimentary WiFi, board games, music players, and televisions.
Fonteira Villas is an ideal venue for reunions, large family gatherings, celebrations with friends, corporate offsites and wellness retreats. With plenty of open spaces including gardens, sit-out areas, terraces and gazebos, the villas are bound to make you fall in love with them. Come over for a holiday and let the villa staff take care of all your needs, while you sip a beverage by the pool. For a small fee, cooks can be hired to prepare meals and babysitters can be arranged if you wish to get some me-time. With 24-hour security and amenities such as baby cots, high chairs and baby monitors, the villas in Fonteira Villas are ideal for family vacations.
Choose from three luxurious villas, including four-bedroom Villa E, and three-bedroom Villa A, and Villa D. Or contact us to enquire how the villas can be combined and connected to meet your requirements.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
North Goa is loved for its beaches, village settlements, award-winning restaurants and live music spots by both local and international travellers. It is located 40 kilometres from Dabolim Airport. There’s so much to discover that travellers feel compelled to keep coming back, year after year. A string of laid-back beaches marks this part of the state. While Anjuna Beach is famous for its vibrant nightlife, Assagao is a quaint village with plenty of entertainment options hiding within its leafy lanes dotted with ancient, Portuguese mansions. Vagator is known for sublime, cliffside sundowner spots where you can spend hours staring at the flaming sky, cocktail in hand. Meanwhile, Ashwem and Morjim are popular with families and international tourists for its flat terrain and gentle waves. Finally, Siolim is a quiet village with historic churches, homes with traditional architecture and a lush landscape.More information for Things to do
Your Guest Relations Manager and his team have a wealth of information about Goa and can recommend everything, from local food spots to curated walks. They’re a great resource for live music gigs and the music festivals that Goa is so well-known for. A car and driver can be hired for the day (on extra charge) or shorter periods, as required. Here are some choice activities based in North Goa:
- Panaji’s award-winning restaurant, Mum’s Kitchen, has now opened doors in Maravilha Resort in Assagao. Owners Suzette and Rony have painstakingly collected grandmothers’ recipes passed down through the generations in traditional Goan kitchens and hired local women to cook them. Bestseller dishes include Cauliflower Caldeen, Chorizo Chilli Fry and Pamphlet (pomfret) Kodi with Poi (traditional Goan bread).?
- Ping’s Bia Hoi is a Vietnamese beer garden which stocks fresh, local beers like Eight Finger Eddie and Goa’s famous craft gins, Stranger & Sons, Greater Than and Hapusa. A menu of Asian street food like dim sum and baos, salads and mains accompanies the drinks. Drop in for Sunday brunch when the atmosphere is buzzing and there’s a live band playing peppy tunes.?
- Goans love their music and there are plenty of spots to catch live gigs in North Goa. Cantares in Saligao and The Rice Mill in Morjim are where you’ll find locals listening to jazz, Toro Toro and The Lazy Goose have great bands playing old-school covers, and restaurant Mahe has funky fusion vocalists.??
- Vayu Waterman’s Village is an entire complex of watersports and wellness activities located beyond Ashwem beach. They offer surfing, wakeboarding, kitesurfing, SUP and private boat excursions. After a strenuous lesson, you can head to their Prana cafe to sip on healthy smoothies, eat local seafood and finish up with some vegan chocolate mousse.?
- Culture vultures looking to embrace village life should book a curated tour with The Local Beat. This responsible travel company lets you experience Goa through the eyes of a ‘gaunkar’ (villager). You’ll discover picnic spots, tiny little towns with heritage structures, and an abundance of natural beauty ranging from zorrs (natural springs) to lakes, mangroves and islands.
- Goa’s hills and forests are an undiscovered treasure that you can explore with Khoj-Aao! Adventures, who specialise in backyard biodiversity. The company organises interactive wildlife walks and talks, waterfall hikes in Bhagwan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary and more. Sign up for their backyard nature trail in Assagao, which takes you up a hillock and through a shrub forest and you come back enlightened about indigenous flora, birds, butterflies and more.?
- Swan Yoga Retreat is located on a hilltop in Assagao and managed by sanyasis (hermits/monks) who’ve trained at the Bihar School of Yoga. It offers daily drop-in classes for Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow Yoga and also has a vegetarian restaurant, boutique and library. There’s a spa spread across open clay cottages with ayurvedic therapies, a flotation tank and a herbal steam treatment room.?
- The quiet lanes of Siolim are full of surprise gems like Siolim Cooking Classes, located in a traditional Goan-Portuguese house. French founder Lucie Masson starts the session with a trip to the fish market, where you learn to pick the freshest catch and then head to the school premises to make authentic Goan preparations like Prawns Caldine, Chicken Cafreal, Pork Vindaloo and Goan Pulao. The hearty, communal meal that follows is a feast for the senses.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
Shake off the stress of holiday planning. Let the Elite Concierge take care of all your bookings and arrangements, from transport, tours and restaurant reservations, to any special requests for your arrival. We’re here to make your holiday experience extraordinary.
Each villa within the Fonteira Villas is connected to the other via charming cobblestone pathways.
- Spacious living rooms with elegant interiors and pops of colour
- Sun-dappled dining spaces with formal dining tables where delicious meals may be enjoyed
- Entertainment options such as WiFi, board games, music players, and satellite TVs
- Fully equipped kitchens where a cook (on hire) can dish out delicious local, Asian and western fare
- Powder rooms, dens and reading corners
- Rustic-chic interiors with refurbished wood furniture and accent pieces such as ancient doors and wooden chests
- All villas feature private pools where you can cool off with a beverage in hand
- Furnished sun decks, ideal for catching an enviable tan
- Tropical gardens, maintained by a team of gardeners
- Terraces, gazebos and rooftop lounges
- Verandas, balconies and indoor-outdoor living
- The bedrooms in each Fonteria Vaddo villa are bright, spacious and airy
- They feature eclectic decor and pleasant hues
- All are air conditioned and some have ceiling fans for breezy evenings
- Many rooms enjoy garden views, while others have private balconies or picture windows
- Villa A and C have one king and two queen bedrooms each
- Villa D has three king bedrooms, plus an extra bed can be arranged for an additional guest
- Villa E has one king bedroom and three queen bedrooms, plus a sofa bed for two people
- Villa F has one king bedroom, two queen bedrooms, and one twin bedroom, plus a pull-out sofa bed for two
- Ensuite bathrooms feature separate shower stalls, traditional decor elements and luxurious amenities and toiletries
The diversity of cuisine in India is unparalleled and no visit to one of our India villas is complete without sampling the delicious fare on offer. It is well-known that the best food in any country is homemade and cooked in the kitchens of the locals. At Elite Havens, we bring the experience of home dining to you, albeit in style. Relish local and international fare cooked to your taste by a private cook who will craft meals to delight you, day after day.
From breakfast until dinner, appetizers to desserts, dining promises to be a memorable affair at an elite haven. It is a common misconception that Indian food is spicy. Discover the myriad flavours of the various regions of this ancient country, cuisines that go far beyond Chicken Tikka Masala, and try age-old recipes passed from generation to generation. When you seek a bit of comfort, our cooks will be happy to revert back to international dishes of your preference. Come, indulge your senses in a way that only India can promise.View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service