Fonteira - Villa E
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Fonteira Villas is Portuguese-inspired gated community in North Goa’s trendy Assagao Village. Surrounded by tropical vegetation, Fonteira - Villa E promises a peaceful stay, in close proximity to beaches, bars and restaurants. Enjoy getting lost in the neighbourhood's tree-lined lanes, which hide gourmets spots, historic mansions and retail pleasures.
Spread across two storeys, the villa has been built like a traditional Indian haveli (mansion), with ample space for families and groups to spread out. Large, wooden lattice-work windows make the indoor living spaces bright and welcoming. Four well-sized bedrooms, a study and a fully equipped kitchen make this the perfect holiday home.
Children will love splashing about in the large pool, playing board games or watching a film on the flat-screen TV. Meanwhile, the adults in your group can gather on the picturesque rooftop terrace to shake a cocktail or two at the bar, dine alfresco on the marble table or relax on the traditional Indian daybed called a charpai. It makes for a languid sundown spot with a view of the green hills in the horizon.
The villa’s aesthetics will appeal to modern travellers who value design, as well as those with an eye of heritage beauty. Pristine, cream-coloured walls and a traditional red roof are complemented by the antique, distressed furniture, Indian textiles and artistic photographs and decor. Natural accents like cane cabinets, carved wooden screens and rustic tiles make the bedrooms cosy and inviting.
The villa is serviced by housekeeping staff, including a cook (extra charge). Kitchen helpers lay out a generous breakfast spread of seasonal fruit, freshly squeezed juice, toast, eggs, and Goan preparations. Transport can be arranged if you want to head to Vagator’s cliffside for a sunset cocktail or spend the day tanning on Morjim Beach.
Fonteria - Villa E delivers the complete Goa experience. You’ll be hard-pressed to decide if you’d prefer chilling by the lavish pool or exploring the Sunshine State’s numerous cultural, gourmet and watersport offerings.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
North Goa is loved for its beaches, village settlements, award-winning restaurants and live music spots by both local and international travellers. It is located 40 kilometres from Dabolim Airport. There’s so much to discover that travellers feel compelled to keep coming back, year after year. A string of laid-back beaches marks this part of the state. While Anjuna Beach is famous for its vibrant nightlife, Assagao is a quaint village with plenty of entertainment options hiding within its leafy lanes dotted with ancient, Portuguese mansions. Vagator is known for sublime, cliffside sundowner spots where you can spend hours staring at the flaming sky, cocktail in hand. Meanwhile, Ashwem and Morjim are popular with families and international tourists for its flat terrain and gentle waves. Finally, Siolim is a quiet village with historic churches, homes with traditional architecture and a lush landscape.More information for Things to do
Your Guest Relations Manager and his team have a wealth of information about Goa and can recommend everything, from local food spots to curated walks. They’re a great resource for live music gigs and the music festivals that Goa is so well-known for. A car and driver can be hired for the day (on extra charge) or shorter periods, as required. Here are some choice activities based in North Goa:
- Panaji’s award-winning restaurant, Mum’s Kitchen, has now opened doors in Maravilha Resort in Assagao. Owners Suzette and Rony have painstakingly collected grandmothers’ recipes passed down through the generations in traditional Goan kitchens and hired local women to cook them. Bestseller dishes include Cauliflower Caldeen, Chorizo Chilli Fry and Pamphlet (pomfret) Kodi with Poi (traditional Goan bread).
- Ping’s Bia Hoi is a Vietnamese beer garden which stocks fresh, local beers like Eight Finger Eddie and Goa’s famous craft gins, Stranger & Sons, Greater Than and Hapusa. A menu of Asian street food like dim sum and baos, salads and mains accompanies the drinks. Drop in for Sunday brunch when the atmosphere is buzzing and there’s a live band playing peppy tunes.
- Goans love their music and there are plenty of spots to catch live gigs in North Goa. Cantares in Saligao and The Rice Mill in Morjim are where you’ll find locals listening to jazz, Toro Toro and The Lazy Goose have great bands playing old-school covers, and restaurant Mahe has funky fusion vocalists.
- Vayu Waterman’s Village is an entire complex of watersports and wellness activities located beyond Ashwem beach. They offer surfing, wakeboarding, kitesurfing, SUP and private boat excursions. After a strenuous lesson, you can head to their Prana cafe to sip on healthy smoothies, eat local seafood and finish up with some vegan chocolate mousse.
- Culture vultures looking to embrace village life should book a curated tour with The Local Beat. This responsible travel company lets you experience Goa through the eyes of a ‘gaunkar’ (villager). You’ll discover picnic spots, tiny little towns with heritage structures, and an abundance of natural beauty ranging from zorrs (natural springs) to lakes, mangroves and islands.
- Goa’s hills and forests are an undiscovered treasure that you can explore with Khoj-Aao! Adventures, who specialise in backyard biodiversity. The company organises interactive wildlife walks and talks, waterfall hikes in Bhagwan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary and more. Sign up for their backyard nature trail in Assagao, which takes you up a hillock and through a shrub forest and you come back enlightened about indigenous flora, birds, butterflies and more.
- Swan Yoga Retreat is located on a hilltop in Assagao and managed by sanyasis (hermits/monks) who’ve trained at the Bihar School of Yoga. It offers daily drop-in classes for Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow Yoga and also has a vegetarian restaurant, boutique and library. There’s a spa spread across open clay cottages with ayurvedic therapies, a flotation tank and a herbal steam treatment room.
- The quiet lanes of Siolim are full of surprise gems like Siolim Cooking Classes, located in a traditional Goan-Portuguese house. French founder Lucie Masson starts the session with a trip to the fish market, where you learn to pick the freshest catch and then head to the school premises to make authentic Goan preparations like Prawns Caldine, Chicken Cafreal, Pork Vindaloo and Goan Pulao. The hearty, communal meal that follows is a feast for the senses.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Air-conditioned living room with comfortable couches overlooking the poolside
- Latticed windows and louvered doors
- Spacious and fully equipped kitchen, managed by a cook
- Entertainment options include televisions, a music player and board games
- Private pool with a beautiful deck and outdoor sitting area
- Large terrace with alfresco dining and bar, looking out towards verdant hills
- Surrounded by tropical greenery
- Comfortable, four-poster king-size bed with bedside tables
- Air-conditioned room with a ceiling fan for breezy evenings
- Beautiful ensuite bathroom with a separate shower stall
- Graphic floor tiles and oriental rugs
Guest Bedrooms 2, 3 & 4
- Two queen bedrooms and one with twin bed
- Bedside tables for additional storage
- Ensuite bathroom with a separate shower stall
- Graphic headboard and eclectic wall decor
- Air-conditioned room with a ceiling fan
The diversity of cuisine in India is unparalleled and no visit to one of our India villas is complete without sampling the delicious fare on offer. It is well-known that the best food in any country is homemade and cooked in the kitchens of the locals. At Elite Havens, we bring the experience of home dining to you, albeit in style. Relish local and international fare cooked to your taste by a private cook who will craft meals to delight you, day after day.
From breakfast until dinner, appetizers to desserts, dining promises to be a memorable affair at an elite haven. It is a common misconception that Indian food is spicy. Discover the myriad flavours of the various regions of this ancient country, cuisines that go far beyond Chicken Tikka Masala, and try age-old recipes passed from generation to generation. When you seek a bit of comfort, our cooks will be happy to revert back to international dishes of your preference. Come, indulge your senses in a way that only India can promise.View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service