Casa del Mar
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Dramatically perched on a low cliff close to Sandy Bay, Casa Del Mar is a stunning three-bedroom villa in Nusa Lembongan, an idyllic island off the south-west coast of Bali. The villa boasts of unbeatable ocean views fringed with Bali’s volcanoes, and beautiful sunsets.
Encouraging socialising, the villa’s open-plan living, dining and kitchen areas seem to flow into each other.With high, sloping roofs, and a mezzanine social space, the interiors are as mesmerising as the views beyond the folding glass doors leading onto the covered veranda and spacious balé.
A cliff-edge 13-metre long swimming pool offers endless views of mighty waves crashing onto the rocky cliffs. Sun loungers and umbrellas dot the wooden poolside deck, and while the balé is perfect for alfresco dining, a lazy hammock nearby leads to the villa's private temple.
The main house has two air-conditioned bedrooms with king-size beds and spacious ensuite bathrooms. Located beside the pool, the master bedroom sits in its own separate building and enjoys complete privacy and panoramic views, even from its ensuite, semi-open bathroom.
Tempted to invite additional guests? No problem. Casa del Mar's main house has a mezzanine that can sleep two more guests. Best for older kids or young adults, it is furnished with twin beds, a large sofa and a television. It can also function as a social lounge, when not in use as a bedroom.
The friendly staff is responsible for the villa’s smooth functioning, preparing your daily continental breakfast, and assisting you with requirements such as organising activities and transport around the island. A holiday at Casa del Mar is all about relaxed living, with no frenetic schedules to adhere by, and a starlit sky to gaze at each evening.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Dramatically perched atop a low cliff above Sandy Bay, Casa del Mar is not far from the famous Devil’s Tear, where crashing waves have shaped a spectacular rock formation. Nusa Lembongan offers some of the best diving and snorkelling in Indonesia. With various dining options and restaurants nearby, Casa del Mar is a great place to relax and have fun. Fast boats from Sanur and Benoa Harbour leave mainland Bali for Nusa Lembongan throughout the day. The island experiences two seasons during the year. Like mainland Bali, the wet season is from December to February, and the dry season is from March to November.More information for Things to do
Nusa Lembongan is a purer, less crowded version of Bali. The same iconic surf, and endless strips of sand lend themselves well to undisturbed holidays spent appreciating the beauty of nature, minus the cacophony. The team of staff will be happy to share a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do chat with the staff about the local area, to gain interesting insights into some of the fascinating aspects of life on Nusa Lembongan and neighbouring island Nusa Penida.
- Stroll along the beach and across the rocks to Devil’s Tear, a craggy limestone outcrop on the southern tip of Sandy Bay; on a clear day you can see Bali’s sacred volcano Gunung Agung looming in the distance to the north.
- Cruise the coastline by boat with an experienced captain. Visit deserted beaches such as Gamat Bay on the neighboring island Nusa Penida, enjoy a spot of snorkeling (fins and masks provided) or ask the staff to organise a spot of scuba diving with one of the recommended dive companies on the island. The surrounding waters are spectacular and you can snorkel or dive with the Manta Rays and at certain times of the year, the incredible Mola Molas (sunfish) can also be spotted.
- Head for Dream Beach, a 10-minute walk southwards along the cliff path, for a swim in a cove of shallow sloping sand set on the clifftop above the beach.
- Visit the deserted beaches and blue lagoons of Nusa Lembongan’s tiny neighbour, Nusa Ceningan, and experience island life unchanged over the centuries.
- Adrenaline junkies visit Mahana Point on Nusa Ceningan and hurl yourself off the clifftop into the sea. Or order a cold Bintang beer from the café and watch the surfers cresting huge rollers below.
- Take a leisurely scooter or golf buggy tour of the island visiting temples, mangroves, beaches and the villages of Lembongan and Jungut Batu.
- Stroll into Mushroom Bay one evening for a romantic beachfront dinner at Bali Hai. Or pop next door to the Sandy Bay Beach Club for an evening cocktail and barbecue of fresh fish and meats. If you want to venture further afield, many restaurants offer complimentary pick-up and drop-off service.
- Visit the Underground House in Lembongan Village, a labyrinth of caves excavated from the limestone rock by local farmer and priest Made Biasa using only a hammer, chisel, and 15 years patience and hard work.
- Climb the steps to Pura Puncak Sari, a sacred hilltop temple which commands fabulous views over the neighboring islands and Bali’s east coast.
Nusa Penida – Perfect for a day trip from Nusa Lembongan
- Don't miss the spectacular natural rock arch over the turquoise waters of Broken Beach (Pasih Uug). Hike or bike to get to this amazing cove on Nusa Penida’s north-west tip – and don't forget your camera. Although you can't actually swim here as there’s no access to the water, you’ll be able to cool off at nearby Angel’s Billabong.
- Angel’s Billabong (Kolam Para Bidadari) is a natural infinity pool of crystal-clear river water flowing into the sea, framed by craggy rocks and cliffs overlooking the ocean. Take a dip with the angels and enjoy the stunning scenery.
- Watch out as waves hit the rocks and send great plumes of water into the sky at Smoky Beach (Pasih Andus). Just the place for a refreshing shower.
- Take your mask and snorkel to Crystal Bay (Surganya Pecinta) where the water is clear, the waves are calm and beautiful clusters of coral are waiting to be discovered.
- It’s a long steep climb down to the white sands of Kelingking Beach but even if you just visit to take photos of the unique T-Rex-shaped cliff formation from the top, your trip will be worth it.
- Nusa Penida is a wonderful destination for divers. Ask the Elite Concierge to book a few dives with our recommended dive centre for you to get a chance to get up, close and personal with magnificent manta rays at the eponymously named Manta Point or, from late July to November, Mola-Mola, huge oceanic sunfish. For the less experienced diver, there are easier flat reefs and wall dives in the sparkling waters around Nusa Lembongan.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Open-plan living area for social evenings with high, sloping roofs and glass doors
- A spacious kitchen for guest use with bar stools at the breakfast counter
- Ceiling fans and double height ceilings to allow a mezzanine area
- Cushioned rattan sofas and indoor dining table for eight guests
- A mezzanine with sofa seating, a television, twin beds and that amazing view
- A private 13-metre swimming pool with sun loungers and undisturbed ocean views
- Outdoor dining at the balé comfortably seating ten guests
- An alfresco sitting area with rattan chairs under the covered verandah
- Manicured lawns at the entrance
- Private, located away from the main building, by the pool
- Unobstructed ocean views, with direct access to the pool
- King-size bed, convertible into twins
- A writing desk and chair
- A private deck with rattan chairs, looking out towards the turquoise water
- Semi-open ensuite bathroom with an ocean view bathtub and a separate shower
- Each of the two rooms has king-size beds, convertible into twins
- One has garden access, while the other enjoys an ocean view with pool access
- A writing desk and chair
- Ensuite bathrooms have shower stalls
- Up a flight of stairs from the main living area
- A bright space with sloping roofs framing ocean views
- Furnished with a king-size bed convertible into twins, sofa seating and a swing chair
- Smart TV for your viewing pleasure with satellite channels
Enjoy a delicious continental breakfast at your villa, served daily with our compliments. For other meals, you may enjoy a casual barbecue lunch by the beach or an intimate romantic dinner at the famous Sandy Bay Beach Club nearby. Sandy Bay Beach Club is a rustic, beach-chic restaurant that offers a plethora of great food and an extensive wine list. They also cater for celebratory dinners, birthday parties and family reunions.
With many such options in the vicinity, should you prefer to dine within the comfort of your villa, the staff can arrange for food to be delivered from your choice of restaurant, and served with flair at the formal dining table in an alfresco setting.View a sample menu