Cape Laem Sor Estate
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
The exclusive Cape Laem Sor Estate takes its name from one of the most picturesque spots on Koh Samui’s unspoilt south-west coast. Set discreetly on a lush, jungle-covered hillside, this elegant tropical hideaway comprises two outstanding, contemporary villas - Arcadia and Element of 8. Designed by renowned architect and designer Gary Elton, the villas sit side-by-side, enjoying breathtaking 180-degree sea panoramas.
The estate offers a total of 11 ensuite double bedrooms, ideal for large groups and wedding parties. Spectacular clifftop lawns, gardens bursting with exotic trees and flowers, and breathtaking backdrops seem to be designed especially for those seeking to celebrate life’s special occasions.
The villas have a total capacity of 24 resident guests, while the remaining guests can be accommodated in other elite havens nearby. The open-plan style of the two villas provides large, elegant spaces ideal for informal cocktail-style events, as well as for lunches and glamorous formal dinners under starry skies, catered by 5-star trained chefs in the estate’s hotel-style kitchen.
Element of 8 features six dreamy bedrooms, wraparound terraces, a 21-metre lap pool with a sun terrace and sala overlooking the sea and elegant living and dining areas. Next door, Arcadia is equally sumptuous, with elevator access leading to a clifftop garden and a 21-metre L-shaped infinity pool, along with five breezy bedrooms boasting unbelievable sea views.
Both villas evoke an elegant, tropical beach house look with white vaulted ceilings and overhead fans. Full-length glass doors and white louvred panels slide open onto wide shaded terraces dotted with driftwood sofas and rattan furniture. A vacation at Cape Laem Sor is all about enjoying the outdoors, while surrounded by the beauty of nature.
Although peaceful and private, the estate is close to some of the island’s most interesting attractions. Just around the headland, the island’s famous Laem Sor Pagoda is a golden landmark not to be missed, while the area is also home to several five-star resorts and a number of sought-after restaurants, wellness centres, waterfalls, cultural and natural attractions.
To find out more about Cape Laem Sor Estate and its two villas, Arcadia and Element of 8, or to see how the two villas can be combined to meet your holiday or event requirements, visit the website here.
Two cliff-side properties
180-degree sea panoramas
Tranquil and quiet
Walking distance to the beach
Rates and availability
- Stays of 2 nights or more enjoy 30% off from now until 31 March 2021 (excluding stays from 23 December 2020 to 3 January 2021).
- Stays of 3 nights or more enjoy 30% plus early check-in or late check-out, complimentary welcome amenities and a Thai family-style dinner.
- Stays of 5 nights or more enjoy 35% off, the inclusions above, plus a day trip to Pig Island.
- Stays of 7 nights or more enjoy all of the inclusions above, plus in-villa babysitting service, children's gift pack and complimentary roundtrip airport transfers.
- Additional discounts available for stays of 10 nights or longer. Contact email@example.com for longer stay prices.
At Elite Havens, we understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund. Terms and conditions apply. Book with confidence and stay safe, book an elite haven.
Terms and conditions:
- Valid for new bookings received from now until 29 March 2021
- Valid for stays from 27 August 2020 until 22 December 2020 and from 4 January 2021 until 31 March 2021
- Minimum stays of 2 nights
- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers
- Early check-in/late check-out is subject to availability
- Complimentary welcome amenities include a fruit and snacks basket, and a signature cocktail or glass of wine per guest
- One-time Thai family-style dinner per stay for all guests staying at the villa, excluding beverages
- One-time complimentary day trip to Pig Island for all guests staying at the villa
- One-time complimentary in-villa babysitting service for 8 hours
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Cape Laem Sor Estate is accessed via a private road with a security gate, and provides ample covered car parking.
- Access to each villa is through winding boardwalks with stairs or via an elevator which opens onto beautiful tropical gardens with infinity pools and lawned sun terraces
- The villas sit side-by-side, yet offer complete privacy to all the guests
- The two complementary villas blend discreetly into the lush landscape and take full advantage of this spectacular location
- Contemporary, Thai-inspired design and interiors channeling a white tropical beach house
- An abundance of driftwood, grey and white rattan, complemented by tasteful Southeast Asian inspired fabrics, art and artefacts
- Well-proportioned living spaces with high vaulted ceilings and overhead fans
- Full-length glass doors and white louvred panels that slide back to reveal wide, shaded terraces with sea views
- Modern, open-plan kitchen with service areas and separate island bar counter for breakfast and casual dining
- Large restaurant-standard service kitchen in Element of 8 for large parties
- Surround sound audio and a 72-inch LCD flat-screen satellite TV
- Well-equipped private gym in Element of 8
- Designed to take full advantage of the spectacular sea and island views the hillside vantage point
- Two 21-metre private infinity pools with poolside decks furnished with loungers
- Luxuriant foliage, and tropical gardens with exotic flowers
- Lawned sun terrace with rattan loungers, and in the case of Element of 8, a Balinese-style sala
- Private barbecue area down by the rocky sea shore
- Element of 8 boasts six bedrooms including two master bedrooms and four guest bedrooms
- Next door, Arcadia has a total of five bedrooms, including one master and six guest bedrooms
- All the rooms are spacious and feature king-size beds
- Large ensuite bathrooms with separate vanities, rain showers and freestanding bathtubs in the master bedrooms with their own flat-screen televisions
- Generous wardrobe and dressing space
- A personal safe to store your valuables
- Fully air-conditioned, with ceiling fans for breezy evenings
- WiFi and satellite TV with LCD screens
Cape Laem Sor Estate is situated at one of Koh Samui’s most beautiful spots, at the south-west tip of the island overlooking the idyllic palm-fringed bay of Laem Sor and its outlying islands of Koh Tan and Koh Mad Sum. A relaxed 45-minute drive through the vibrant urban areas of Chaweng and Lamai brings you to the south coast, dotted with coconut and rubber plantations.
The setting is peaceful and mesmerising. The estate’s hillside position allows it to enjoy views across the Gulf of Siam towards myriad outlying islands and even the Thai mainland.
Things to do
Although still relatively undeveloped, this part of the island has become increasingly popular in recent years and the area is now home to a number of 5-star resorts such as the Conrad and InterContinental Resorts, as well as a wide choice of charming and rustic beachside bistros and bars serving some of the best Thai and international food on the island. The area is also renowned for fabulous views of Samui’s blazing orange sunsets.
The Elite Concierge is well connected with the local dining and entertainment scene and can advise on how best to enjoy your stay. They will gladly assist with restaurant bookings and transportation too. Meanwhile, here are some suggestions for things to do while staying at Cape Laem Sor Estate.
- Spend a day out on the water. Samui offers a wide choice of power and sailboat trips to the many islands which surround it. Choose between half or full-day excursions including lunch and snorkelling; sunset cruises; traditional wooden gulets or junks and even super-luxury yachts for private charter.
- Explore the magical underwater world of the tropics by taking scuba diving courses and snorkelling tours. The beach is literally minutes’ walk from the villa, and depending on the tide, there is plenty of snorkelling to be enjoyed just off-shore at Cape Laem Sor.
- Something new and exciting for food lovers, the island’s latest cooking school takes to the jungle to offer you an authentic and immersive experience. The Tamarind Tree Cooking School located high up in the mountains above Mae Nam invites you to pick your own ingredients and cook with them to prepare delicious dishes using traditional Thai techniques and recipes unchanged over the centuries.
- Described as one of the most scenic and challenging courses in Asia, overlooking spectacular views of Samui’s north coast, the 18-hole championship Santiburi Golf Course invites you to work on your handicap on its stunning hillside fairways set amidst a preserved coconut palm plantation.
- Indulge your adventurous side by taking a cable ride above the luscious canopy of Thailand's most beautiful rainforests. Or for more of an adrenaline rush, the island offers many other sports and adventure activities for all ages; from kite surfing and ATVs to 4WD jungle safaris and ziplines - all of them thrilling ways to enjoy Samui’s stunning, mountainous terrain and lush nature.
- A wonderful retirement home for elephants who have worked exhausting hours in the logging and tourism industries, the Samui Elephant Sanctuary invites you to get up, close and personal with these beautiful gentle beasts. Feed then with bottomless baskets of bananas, walk with, and observe them as they roam, socialise, frolic in the mud and enjoy a peaceful happy life.
- Of the few rum distilleries in Thailand, Magic Alambic Rum Distillery is the only one producing a Caribbean Agricole-style spirit. They offer a true island experience - local rum tasting. This style of rum is made from 100% pure, first-press sugarcane juice, which gives it a dynamic and delicate taste. There’s also a swimming pool and a shaded alfresco dining area serving Thai and French food. Reservations are advised and all ages are welcome.
Last viewed villas