The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
This vibrant modern villa is located on a hillside above the southern end of Surin Beach, mid-way along Phuket’s scenic west cost. One of eight properties on an exclusive private estate, three-bedroomed Villa Sammasan is a great family choice for a tropical Thai holiday.
All rooms at the villa open to wide views out over the treetops and beyond to the Andaman Sea and there is plenty of outdoor space around the pool for fun and relaxation. The central living and dining area is fronted by a wall of glass panels that fold back to the furnished deck, nine-metre infinity pool and shaded poolside sala with its cushioned comfort. Inside, the funky eight-seater dining table and a sleek modern kitchen with breakfast bar counter lie at one end of the room and a comfortable leather suite and coffee table at the other. This room – in common with all others at the villa – is decorated with bright modern artwork, adding splashes of colour to the fresh white interiors. Woodwork and bathroom fittings also come in vibrant hues, creating a fun, relaxed ambiance throughout the villa. Behind the living area is a media room equipped with a flat-screen TV and furnished with a deep comfy L-shaped sofa, which can be converted to a bed if extra space is needed. A guest washroom can be accessed from here.
A huge master suite occupies the entire upper floor of Villa Sammasan, furnished with a king-size modern four-poster bed and stylish chaise-longue. The smart ensuite bedroom has a twin vanity, jacuzzi bath tub with ocean views, shower enclosure and separate WC. Two similarly sized guest bedrooms (one furnished with a queen-size bed, the other with twins plus a roll-away bed) are tucked below the pool on the villa’s lower level, each with an ensuite bathroom and floor-to-ceiling windows opening onto small balconies.
Holidays at Villa Sammasan are an effortless delight thanks to the efficient services of a villa manager, Thai chef and friendly housekeeping staff. The chef is on hand to cook lunches and dinner according to a tempting priced menu of Thai and Western delights, but the villa is also well placed for many excellent restaurants should guests wish to dine out. Glamorous Surin and pretty Laem Singh beaches are both within walking distance of Villa Sammasan and Phuket International airport is just 24km away.
Spectacular sea and sunset views
Lavish, comfy pool terrace
Walk to Surin Beach
Friendly staff and skilled chef
Heavenly master suite with jacuzzi
"Thank you so much for everyone, you treat us like family. Really take care us, make us feel like home, highly recommend!
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 10% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 08-Nov-2018.
Features and amenities
- Bright living space opening onto pool terrace
- Dining area with table for eight
- Sleek modern kitchen with breakfast bar
- Media room with flat-screen TV, DVD player and library
- iPod dock with speaker system wired inside and out
- Stylishly furnished pool deck with built-in daybed
- Poolside relaxation sala with sunken cushioned seating
- 9-metre infinity pool
- Large, upper-floor bedroom with ocean views
- Modern four-poster king-size bed
- Sitting area with chaise-longue
- Huge ensuite with jacuzzi bathtub, shower and separate WC
- dressing area with yoga/exercise space
- Two similar-sized rooms with ocean-facing balconies
- One with modern, four-poster queen-size bed
- One with twin beds with a pull-out bed, makes a great kids room
- Both rooms with ensuite bathrooms
- all bedrooms decorated with bright modern artwork
Villa Sammasan is part of the Surin Heights private estate, which comprises 10 luxury villas and a low-rise condominium. Set up the hillside near the end of the estate’s private road, the villa offers a full and majestic view of Surin bay on Phuket’s central west coast.
A five-minute walk down the hill takes you to Surin Beach, an 800m stretch of fine sand that has been cleared of all commercial activity and restored to its natural state. Take a longer walk down the road towards Kamala and find the hidden Laem Singh Beach, a small cove with lovely clear water for snorkelling. A few kilometres to the north is Bang Tao Beach, where part of the shoreline is lined with the several Laguna Phuket resorts and their spas, water sports, golf, upscale dining and other leisure activities. Find sunset cocktails and the occasional DJ party at the sprinkling of beach clubs along the sand.
In the hills and headlands around Surin Beach are some of Phuket’s finest villas and resorts including the Amanpuri celebrity escape and Twinpalms with its sought-after Sunday brunches. Surin is thankfully still resisting Phuket’s mega mall trend, but there are certainly some shopping treasures to be found here in the boutique clothing, art and gift shops in Surin Plaza and the independent shops along the streets.
Things to do
Villa Sammasan’s guest relations manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. And be sure to ask your villa manager about some of the lesser-known places and beaches around the island if you fancy an insider’s view into local Phuket life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Take a cruise aboard a luxury yacht and discover the wonders and colours of the Andaman Sea. The towering karsts of Phang Nga Bay and the clear waters and white sands of the Raya, Similan and Phi Phi islands and more are all within easy reach.
- Keep cool and fit in the water with some windsurfing, kite surfing, sea kayaking, wakeboarding or stand-up paddling, or slip below the surface on a scuba diving or snorkelling excursion to explore the rich sea life.
- Delve into Phuket’s beach club and dining scene: decadent brunches, DJ dance parties, beachfront barbecues, romantic sunset dinners.
- Relax, release and restore your senses with a spa treatment in luxurious surrounds at places like the Banyan Tree or Amanpuri resort, or to the sound of ocean waves with a simple beachside Thai massage.
- Explore the streets of Old Phuket on a cultural walking tour. Find out about the island’s history beyond its beaches, take in the colour and beauty of the Sino-Portuguese style shops and mansions and sample the local eats that earned Phuket a UNESCO ‘city of gastronomy’ accolade.
- Learn the secrets behind making some of this exotic and flavourful cuisine yourself by joining a Thai cookery class.
- Tee off tropical style at the Laguna Phuket Golf Club, Blue Canyon, Mission Hills or other Phuket golf courses.
- Escape into the island’s diverse and daring after-dark scene from stylish cocktail and wine bars to waterside sunset lounges to raucous nightclubs in Patong.
- Reconnect with nature in the island’s interior with elephant and horseback riding, ATV trail rides, waterfalls and jungle walks, the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project, zip-lining at Hanuman World, bungy jumping, agricultural tours and more.
- Indulge in some retail therapy at The Plaza Surin, Paul Ropp, boutique shops at Twinpalms and Amanpuri resorts and other shops along the streets of Surin selling arts and crafts, resort wear, gifts and antiques.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions