The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
This vibrant modern villa is located on a hillside above the southern end of Surin Beach, mid-way along Phuket’s scenic west cost. One of eight properties on an exclusive private estate, three-bedroomed Villa Sammasan is a great family choice for a tropical Thai holiday.
All rooms at the villa open to wide views out over the treetops and beyond to the Andaman Sea and there is plenty of outdoor space around the pool for fun and relaxation. The central living and dining area is fronted by a wall of glass panels that fold back to reveal a furnished deck, 9-metre infinity pool and shaded poolside sala with its cushioned comfort. Inside, the funky eight-seater dining table and a sleek modern kitchen with breakfast bar lie at one end of the room and a comfortable leather suite and coffee table at the other. This room – in common with all others at the villa – is decorated with bright modern artwork, adding splashes of colour to the fresh white interiors. Woodwork and bathroom fittings also come in vibrant hues, creating a fun, relaxed ambiance throughout the villa. Behind the living area is a media room equipped with a flat-screen TV and furnished with a deep L-shaped sofa, which can be converted into a bed if extra space is needed. A guest washroom can be accessed from here.
A romantic master suite occupies the entire upper floor of Villa Sammasan, furnished with a king-size modern four-poster bed and stylish chaise lounge. Lay back in the sea view jacuzzi and allow yourself to take a moment. Two similarly sized guest bedrooms (one furnished with a queen-size bed, the other with twins plus a roll-away bed) are tucked below the pool on the villa’s lower level, each with an ensuite bathroom and floor-to-ceiling windows opening onto small balconies.
Holidays at Villa Sammasan are an effortless delight thanks to the efficient services of a villa manager, Thai chef and friendly housekeeping staff. The chef is on hand to cook lunches and dinner according to a tempting priced menu of Thai and western delights, but the villa is also well placed for many excellent restaurants should guests wish to dine out. Glamorous Surin and pretty Laem Singh beaches are both within walking distance of Villa Sammasan and Phuket International airport is just 24km away.
Villa Sammasan can be booked in conjunction with its four-bedroom neighbour, Villa Napalai. Together, the two villas can sleep up to 15 adults, plus additional guests (extra charge). When booked together, guests can access all the facilities within each villa, including the two swimming pools, exercise room, kids’ playroom, spa, barbecue areas and a games room with a pool table and bar.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Villa Sammasan is part of the Surin Heights private estate, which comprises 10 luxury villas and a low-rise condominium. Set up the hillside near the end of the estate’s private road, the villa offers a full and majestic view of Surin bay on Phuket’s central west coast.
A five-minute walk down the hill takes you to Surin Beach, an 800m stretch of fine sand that has been cleared of all commercial activity and restored to its natural state. Take a longer walk down the road towards Kamala and find the hidden Laem Singh Beach, a small cove with lovely clear water for snorkelling. A few kilometres to the north is Bang Tao Beach, where part of the shoreline is lined with the several Laguna Phuket resorts and their spas, water sports, golf, upscale dining and other leisure activities. Find sunset cocktails and the occasional DJ party at the sprinkling of beach clubs along the sand.
In the hills and headlands around Surin Beach are some of Phuket’s finest villas and resorts including the Amanpuri celebrity escape and Twinpalms with its sought-after Sunday brunches. Surin is thankfully still resisting Phuket’s mega mall trend, but there are certainly some shopping treasures to be found here in the boutique clothing, art and gift shops in Surin Plaza and the independent shops along the streets.More information for Things to do
Villa Sammasan’s guest relations manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. And be sure to ask your villa manager about some of the lesser-known places and beaches around the island if you fancy an insider’s view into local Phuket life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Take a cruise aboard a luxury yacht and discover the wonders and colours of the Andaman Sea. The towering karsts of Phang Nga Bay and the clear waters and white sands of the Raya, Similan and Phi Phi islands and more are all within easy reach.
- Keep cool and fit in the water with some windsurfing, kite surfing, sea kayaking, wakeboarding or stand-up paddling, or slip below the surface on a scuba diving or snorkelling excursion to explore the rich sea life.
- Delve into Phuket’s beach club and dining scene: decadent brunches, DJ dance parties, beachfront barbecues, romantic sunset dinners.
- Relax, release and restore your senses with a spa treatment in luxurious surrounds at places like the Banyan Tree or Amanpuri resort, or to the sound of ocean waves with a simple beachside Thai massage.
- Explore the streets of Old Phuket on a cultural walking tour. Find out about the island’s history beyond its beaches, take in the colour and beauty of the Sino-Portuguese style shops and mansions and sample the local eats that earned Phuket a UNESCO ‘city of gastronomy’ accolade.
- Learn the secrets behind making some of this exotic and flavourful cuisine yourself by joining a Thai cookery class.
- Tee off tropical style at the Laguna Phuket Golf Club, Blue Canyon, Mission Hills or other Phuket golf courses.
- Escape into the island’s diverse and daring after-dark scene from stylish cocktail and wine bars to waterside sunset lounges to raucous nightclubs in Patong.
- Reconnect with nature in the island’s interior with elephant and horseback riding, ATV trail rides, waterfalls and jungle walks, the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project, zip-lining at Hanuman World, bungy jumping, agricultural tours and more.
- Indulge in some retail therapy at The Plaza Surin, Paul Ropp, boutique shops at Twinpalms and Amanpuri resorts and other shops along the streets of Surin selling arts and crafts, resort wear, gifts and antiques.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Bright living space opening onto pool terrace
- Dining area with table for eight
- Sleek modern kitchen with breakfast bar
- Media room with flat-screen TV, DVD player and library
- iPod dock with speaker system wired inside and out
- Stylishly furnished pool deck with built-in daybed
- Poolside relaxation sala with sunken cushioned seating
- 9-metre infinity pool
- Large, upper-floor bedroom with ocean views
- Modern four-poster king-size bed
- Sitting area with chaise lounge
- Huge ensuite with jacuzzi bathtub, shower and separate WC
- Dressing area with yoga/exercise space
- Two similar-size rooms with ocean-facing balconies
- One with modern, four-poster queen-size bed
- One with twin beds with a pull-out bed, makes a great kids room
- Both rooms with ensuite bathrooms
- All bedrooms decorated with bright modern artwork
Villa Sammasan’s menu is a celebration of Thai cuisine with a good variety of dishes from the simple to the exotic, including some local favourites. A selection of western dishes may be prepared as well. From adventurous diners to those who like the comfort of familiarity, all meals can be discussed and planned in advance with the chef and adapted to suit all tastes and dietary requirements.
Guests are encouraged to meet with the villa manager and chef soon after their arrival to plan meals and discuss their needs. A day’s notice is ideal to give the chef sufficient time to buy groceries and prepare meals. Guests who wish to self-cater have the full western kitchen at their disposal, and are welcome to ask staff for help with the grocery shopping (charged at cost plus 20% service charge).
Prices for set menu meals are displayed in the villa menu while for individual dishes provisions will be purchased by the chef and charged to guests. Receipts will be provided either daily or at the end of your stay – as preferred. It is also requested that the chef be given a cash ‘float’ to cover grocery costs.View a sample menu
Villa staff were very kind and helpful. The chef's Thai food was some of the best never ever had on dozen trips across Thailand. The villa was bright, quirky, fun,great location.07-Apr-2022 - 15-Apr-2022 Nicola C
Thank you Wawa and the team. Tassey (The chef).is awesome, all the food are delicious! We wish we have one more stomach. We all had a GOOD TIME here for 5 days.02-Mar-2020 - 06-Mar-2020 Vanessa F
We have had a wonderful eight days in villa Sammasan. The staff were amazing, so helpful and attentive to our needs. The food for everyday was delicious and a big highlight for our family. We leave very rested and happy and will miss the service and staff. Many thanks .01-Oct-2019 - 09-Oct-2019 Hannah B
Thank you for everything. You were so all amazing. We will back here soon.01-May-2019 - 05-May-2019 Jing L
Actually want to bring the whole family but my brothers passport expired so I bring my son and wife. The villa is excellent. Have a private pool and no one to disturb us. Chef’s cooking skills is the best. Feels like we don’t have to go out to eat. Lastly, Mym is a beautiful woman, considerate and kind. My son like you very much. We will be back, maybe next year.13-Feb-2019 - 18-Feb-2019 Yi Lei T
Thank you for a wonderful experience. We loved it.24-Dec-2018 - 02-Jan-2019 Danny W
Great house, great crew, great kitchen. We had a lovely stay.17-Dec-2018 - 24-Dec-2018 Ekaterina K
Kaew, Lucky, Good! It has been a wonderful time while here in Phuket. Your guys had made the experience absolutely wonderful. The villa is absolutely beautiful and could not have asked for anymore. Kaew were able to meet all of our needs. Lucky, she is a master in the kitchen. Thank you again.12-Aug-2018 - 17-Aug-2018 Anastasia F
Thank you so much for everyone, you treat us like family. Really take care us, make us feel like home, highly recommend!13-Jun-2018 - 15-Jun-2018 Chen M
Thank you so much everyone. Treat us like family. Really take care us, make us feel like home and highly recommend. Love you all.12-Jun-2018 - 13-Jun-2018 Stephen E
Villa was very nice. The food was very delicious and the service was very perfect.11-Apr-2018 - 15-Apr-2018 Yunying L
We are 7 people and have spent 7 relaxing and pleasant days in this house. Woody is very helpful and takes good care of every detailed requirement. The chef Lin cooked delicious food for us every day and our beds and rooms are cleaned by 2 maids. We are all very satisfied with the service, we would like to come back.18-Feb-2018 - 25-Feb-2018 Wehong M
Thanks to Lilly and her team. We had a wonderful holiday here. Really appreciated the professional and friendly help in all these days. Would like to come again and will recommend to friends.08-Feb-2018 - 16-Feb-2018 Lei G
The villa is well maintained, clean. The food is excellent, most likely we gain weight. The staffs are attentive. We enjoy our stay very much.07-Nov-2017 - 13-Nov-2017 Carmen L
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service