Element of 8 at Cape Laem Sor Estate
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Element of 8 is part of the exclusive Cape Laem Sor Estate. A spectacular hillside retreat on Koh Samui’s scenic and unspoilt south-west coast, the villa boasts breathtaking views of the emerald sea and lush green islands.
Designed in a contemporary style by renowned architect and designer Gary Elton, Element of 8 features three descending levels which blend harmoniously with the lush, tropical landscape. This is a tranquil and secluded vacation home for anyone wanting to get away from it all. It is suitable for families and groups of friends, accommodating up to 12 guests within its six luxe bedrooms. The views and impeccable design also make it an inspiring location for weddings and private parties. Not to mention the exceptionally hygienic restaurant-standard professional kitchen used by the villa staff to craft delicious meals.
A private road leads to this celebrity-style tropical paradise, where manicured gardens and your own private clifftop pool are overlooked by the villa’s elegant living and dining pavilion. Imagine spending hours on the wide, shaded terraces cooled by the sea breeze, as you enjoy the spectacular sight and sound of surf breaking onto the reef below.
A stylish, white tropical design theme runs through the villa, with full-length glass doors and white louvred panels which slide open to reflect light and space and to enhance the view. Generous sofas rub shoulders with rattan furniture in palettes of driftwood grey and white. Nearby, a modern show kitchen and bar are ideal for casual dining and impromptu social evenings.
Your entire group can settle in quite comfortably within its six sophisticated ensuite bedrooms, each featuring a king-size bed, taking full advantage of the villa’s stunning sea views. There’s plenty to keep you busy while on holiday, with your own well-equipped gym, an enviable, private beachfront barbecue space and a Balinese sala by the pool, the ideal spot for a relaxing Thai massage.
Element of 8 personifies tropical island living. Reclaim your time and spend it as you please, while the discreet and attentive staff takes care of your every whim and fancy. A private chef is available so you don’t need to step into the fabulous kitchen and sweat it out. Your Villa Manager will happily manage the villa and the entire staff team, and the Elite Concierge is always available for help with reservations, as well as transport and tour arrangements.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Cape Laem Sor Estate is situated at one of Koh Samui’s most beautiful spots, at the south-west tip of the island overlooking the idyllic palm-fringed bay of Laem Sor and its outlying islands of Koh Tan and Koh Mad Sum. A relaxed 45-minute drive through the vibrant urban areas of Chaweng and Lamai brings you to the south coast, dotted with coconut and rubber plantations.
The setting is peaceful and mesmerising. The estate’s hillside position allows it to enjoy views across the Gulf of Siam towards myriad outlying islands and even the Thai mainland.More information for Things to do
Although still relatively undeveloped, this part of the island has become increasingly popular in recent years and the area is now home to a number of 5-star resorts such as the Conrad and InterContinental Resorts, as well as a wide choice of charming and rustic beachside bistros and bars serving some of the best Thai and international food on the island. The area is also renowned for fabulous views of Samui’s blazing orange sunsets.
The Elite Concierge is well connected with the local dining and entertainment scene and can advise on how best to enjoy your stay. They will gladly assist with restaurant bookings and transportation too. Meanwhile, here are some suggestions for things to do while staying at Cape Laem Sor Estate.
- Spend a day out on the water. Samui offers a wide choice of power and sailboat trips to the many islands which surround it. Choose between half or full-day excursions including lunch and snorkelling; sunset cruises; traditional wooden gulets or junks and even super-luxury yachts for private charter.
- Explore the magical underwater world of the tropics by taking scuba diving courses and snorkelling tours. The beach is literally minutes’ walk from the villa, and depending on the tide, there is plenty of snorkelling to be enjoyed just off-shore at Cape Laem Sor.
- Something new and exciting for food lovers, the island’s latest cooking school takes to the jungle to offer you an authentic and immersive experience. The Tamarind Tree Cooking School located high up in the mountains above Mae Nam invites you to pick your own ingredients and cook with them to prepare delicious dishes using traditional Thai techniques and recipes unchanged over the centuries.
- Described as one of the most scenic and challenging courses in Asia, overlooking spectacular views of Samui’s north coast, the 18-hole championship Santiburi Golf Course invites you to work on your handicap on its stunning hillside fairways set amidst a preserved coconut palm plantation.
- Indulge your adventurous side by taking a cable ride above the luscious canopy of Thailand's most beautiful rainforests. Or for more of an adrenaline rush, the island offers many other sports and adventure activities for all ages; from kite surfing and ATVs to 4WD jungle safaris and ziplines - all of them thrilling ways to enjoy Samui’s stunning, mountainous terrain and lush nature.
- A wonderful retirement home for elephants who have worked exhausting hours in the logging and tourism industries, the Samui Elephant Sanctuary invites you to get up, close and personal with these beautiful gentle beasts. Feed then with bottomless baskets of bananas, walk with, and observe them as they roam, socialise, frolic in the mud and enjoy a peaceful happy life.
- Of the few rum distilleries in Thailand, Magic Alambic Rum Distillery is the only one producing a Caribbean Agricole-style spirit. They offer a true island experience - local rum tasting. This style of rum is made from 100% pure, first-press sugarcane juice, which gives it a dynamic and delicate taste. There’s also a swimming pool and a shaded alfresco dining area serving Thai and French food. Reservations are advised and all ages are welcome.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
Shake off the stress of holiday planning. Let the Elite Concierge take care of all your bookings and arrangements, from transport, tours and restaurant reservations, to any special requests for your arrival. We’re here to make your holiday experience extraordinary.
- Contemporary tropical island living exemplified by the design and décor
- On the entry level, find a spacious living and dining area, and one of two master bedrooms occupy a long, single storey pavilion with pitched roof and a wide, shaded, wraparound terrace
- Though clifftop, the styling is that of an elegant beach house, with bleached white wood vaulted ceilings and walls, overhead fans and full-length glass doors and white louvered panels which allow sea breeze and breathtaking sea views
- A sophisticated living room with large, comfortable sofas, armchairs and ottomans in hues of taupe and off-white, accessorised with monochrome patterned rugs and cushions
- Cream terrazzo floors complemented by soft sandstone tiling on the terrace
- A show kitchen for guest use with an island counter crafted in rich dark wood
- Formal indoor dining table for 12 guests
- A restaurant-standard professional kitchen for use by the villa chef equipped with the latest kitchen equipments and maintained to strict hygiene standards
- A fascinating collection of Southeast Asian antiques and art, tastefully displayed throughout the property
- For relaxed evenings, watching a movie or catching up on your favourite TV series, the living room has surround sound audio and a 72-inch LCD flat-screen satellite TV
- A well-equipped gym and facilities are located on the lowest level of the villa
- Indoor and outdoor living merge effortlessly in this well designed villa
- Full-length glass doors and white louvered panels slide away to reveal wide covered terraces creating a cool, light and airy ambiance
- Terraces are furnished with comfortable rattan daybeds and sofas stacked with soft cushions
- For alfresco dining, a solid wooden table with rattan seating for eight is the perfect spot to enjoy breakfast with a view
- A 14-metre lap pool sits on the entry level, surrounded by a grassed sun terrace with sunbeds and umbrellas. At one end, a thatched Balinese-style sala is furnished with large comfortable cushions and a low, wooden coffee table, a shaded spot where you can enjoy a casual lunch or recharge with a massage.
- For special nights by the beach, head down to the private barbecue area with comfortable cushioned seating. Here, the villa staff will create a memorable dining experience as you listen to the surf breaking on the reef and gaze up at a star-filled sky.
Master Bedroom 1
- Located on the top floor of the villa, adjacent to the main living and dining rooms
- An exceptional and private space with a high vaulted ceiling, overhead fan and wraparound views of the hillside and azure sea
- King-size bed overlooking the view
- A spacious study and dressing room lead to the master bathroom with its double vanity, rain shower and a standalone bathtub with flat-screen TV
- Rattan sofas stacked with cushions and soft natural rugs create a comfortable ambiance
- On the terrace, sun loungers invite guests to enjoy their own private corner of the villa
Master Bedroom 2
- One level below, the second master bedroom is equally decadent, opening onto its own private corner terrace
- A generous double-sided dressing area leads to the master bathroom with its double vanity, a rain shower set above a striking black and white tiled base, freestanding bathtub and flat-screen TV
- Rattan sofas and armchairs, as well as a striking black and white lounger, and soft natural rugs invite you to relax and enjoy the view
- On the terrace a small dining table is the natural place to order breakfast or enjoy a romantic sunset cocktail
Guest Bedrooms 1 & 2
- Leading off the lower terrace, guest bedrooms 1 and 2 are similar in layout and décor
- Spacious rooms with king-size double beds
- Double-sided dressing areas with generous wardrobe space
- Ensuite bathrooms featuring a rain shower, single vanity and partitioned WC
- Comfortable rattan chairs and loungers, soft natural rugs and a collection of rustic Southeast Asian antique wooden furniture and figurines creating an enchanting environment
Guest Bedroom 3
- Located at the far end of the lower terrace, occupying its own private area
- Full-length, wraparound windows, white louvered panels or drapes opening onto the terrace and view of the lush tropical landscape and sea beyond
- A king-size double bed facing the views
- Sea facing terrace
- An ensuite bathroom with a single vanity and rain shower, an antique wardrobe and collection of rattan easy chairs, both indoor and on the terrace
- Located in its own private pavilion, under the car park
- Reached via stairs from the main pool terrace and garden, or via own separate entrance from the car park
- Full-length windows and louvered panels which open straight onto wraparound views of the sea and surrounding landscape
- A king-size double bed
- Ensuite bathroom with a rain shower and bathtub overlooking the view
Food plays an important part in any holiday experience. Your private chef will ensure that your kitchen is fully stocked with your favourite items as well as create memorable meals for your entire group. At breakfast, expect freshly prepared eggs and other morning favourites such as a fantastic selection of fresh fruits, juices, cereals, and yoghurt.
For lunch on the terrace or in the poolside sala, choose from the menu and enjoy a refreshing Thai salad such as Som Tam (green papaya salad) or Yum Woon Sun (glass noodles) served with grilled seafood or satays. Follow this up with a local speciality such as Pad Thai (Thai noodles). In the evening, the chef will surprise you with a delicious Thai or western dinner, served alfresco under the stars.
For a relaxed and bespoke dining experience, your villa staff can arrange a lavish barbecue down by the seashore or on your pool terrace.
Groceries and beverages are charged at market price plus 20% handling fee and 7% government tax with a minimum shopping fee of THB 750. Villa staff will take care of all the shopping and keep receipts for reference.View a sample menu
We had a wonderful stay. The villa is beautiful and very relaxing. Bao is the best, very helpful, and looked after us while we were staying here. We want to be back.24-Dec-2022 - 04-Jan-2023 Digby B
Thank you for the best service and experiance ever here. we reall enjoy the time here @ Element of 8 we will definitely be back next time.09-Dec-2022 - 11-Dec-2022 Kanokwan K
Thank you Element team. Service was top notch. Appreciate you all being able to deal with a bunch of catty gays for the week.01-Dec-2022 - 06-Dec-2022 Brandon K
Very good staff and villa, Thank for take care all of us06-Nov-2022 - 08-Nov-2022 Hiukai L
To all Element of 8 Thank so much for looking after us at your beautiful villa. We love Thailand, Koh Samui and the beautiful Thai people. Thank for everything Finn, Vanessa, Adrian, Jacki,Danny Melbourne, Australia19-Oct-2022 - 25-Oct-2022 Vanessa S
Love everything here best We want come back Nuchy Muk Mammy10-Oct-2022 - 12-Oct-2022 Sirinuch B
We are so happy , staffs, food and the villas are so incredible , we would love to be back for sure.02-Sep-2022 - 04-Sep-2022 Pasant K
Dear Khun Lah and Team, Thank you very much, we had wonderful six days!. We enjoyed the spectacular view, the delicious food, the kindness of the staff and the fantastic house design! We looking forward to come back one day! Best regards Sophie, Karin, Hanna, Stella Fllorian Hohenwarter 7-13 August 202207-Aug-2022 - 13-Aug-2022 Florian H
Dear Pi Lah , Chef Sai , Pi Mon , Pi Goong Thank you very much for everything Hope we will come back again as soon as possible.24-Jun-2022 - 26-Jun-2022 Montri S
Thank you so much for your hospitality, we booked this place for the views were amazing. The wedding here was amazing and I truly feel was one of the best days of my life, I can't thank you enough for everything you have done and taken care of me + my guests. The wedding food was amazing and is the best Thai food we have had. Truly a memorable experience. I will never forget.02-Jun-2022 - 05-Jun-2022 Sharmin & A
Best food, best service especially dinner beyond expectation.... Definitely needs A/C in living room.12-May-2022 - 15-May-2022 Pitchaya S
The experience was wonderful, the food was fit to our taste and everyone was really helpful with our suggestion. The stay was also very nice as the service was very comfortable and we didn't feel very swarmed. It is an amazing place to go and relieve stress... Thank you. - Alsubousi Family02-May-2022 - 05-May-2022 Ayesha A
United Arab Emirates
The view is fascinating and stunning, The facilities are more than enough to keep you busy all day. The servers were very nice, personalized and funny. Relaxing stay. Thank you.25-Apr-2022 - 27-Apr-2022 On-Anong Pokkrong H
My family and I love this place so much. The staff is very friendly and they are very kind to us. The food, rooms, view were amazing. Rooms were clean. The living room should need AC otherwise, everything is amazing. I will defiantly come back again. Sincerely, Anoma16-Apr-2022 - 20-Apr-2022 Anoma V
Thank you for warm hospitality. The villa is very beautiful and clean. The staff was lovely, espescially Khun Lah and Chef Sai...06-Apr-2022 - 08-Apr-2022 Passorn M
Dear Chart , Sai , Mon, and Kung. A big THANK YOU from the Gerbens family for your great service, warm hospitality and wonderful, delicious food. With love, Froke, Anna, Isabelle, Ingrid, Lotte, Bauke, Emille, Andries,27-Dec-2021 - 03-Jan-2022 Gerbens F
This is a lovely place with an amaizing view , the best service team, we were so much happy , We love the food it was so wonderful , The best part of the year , Thank you to the team.31-Oct-2021 - 02-Nov-2021 Pawat R
We have very good time. Love every dishes , Super Chef, 5 stars services, Warm Hospitality Jew, Lam, AA, Jack, Nui, Ikki, Wee, Vit, Grandpa and Grandma21-Oct-2021 - 24-Oct-2021 Weerawan C
Our visit to this elite haven was simply fantastic. The view was extraordinary and the food and service that we received were simply the best. We would love to come back here again.13-Apr-2021 - 16-Apr-2021 Sopa K
Our family would like to thank you for this superb experience. Amazing food, exceptional service and a wonderful atmosphere. Thank you so much for the past 4 days. We’d love to come back again soon.10-Apr-2021 - 13-Apr-2021 Khun Ganticha G
Everything was perfect and the staff was very helpful. Everyone loved it!28-Mar-2021 - 30-Mar-2021 Khun A
Love everything about Element of 8. Scenic view, great food, beautiful set-up BBQ for dinner. Would love to come back again.26-Mar-2021 - 28-Mar-2021 Khun P
Stunning view, million percent for good service. We would love to come back here again soon!!19-Feb-2021 - 21-Feb-2021 Khun G
On behalf of all of us, we would like to thank you for the wonderful hospitality and fantastic stay. We will definitely be back. Thank you so much18-Dec-2020 - 21-Dec-2020 Aimee M
Chart, Chef Sai, Mom and team, we would like to thank you for your great hospitality! Your support, kindness and service had made our family’s holiday very perfect.05-Dec-2020 - 07-Dec-2020 Khun Neng N
Chart, Kung, Mon, Ning,Sine (the chef), thank you for taking the best care. We all had the best family time. We will be coming back for sure.02-Dec-2020 - 05-Dec-2020 Mai Y
The place is beautiful, amazing view ever. We have wonderful time and the service is great. Every meal was made perfectly with great taste and fresh ingredients. The venue is very clean and caters to all our needs with a positive attitude. Would highly recommend this to others. Thanks for an amazing holiday.16-Oct-2020 - 18-Oct-2020 Nantachatr Y
Fantastic place with fantastic service. Beautiful view. The villa has all facilities. We love to come back again.10-Sep-2020 - 12-Sep-2020 Oran O
Our family had a wonderful time here with excellent view and very good serving with good food. Certainly will come hear again. Thanks04-Sep-2020 - 07-Sep-2020 Khun V
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service