Dea Villas - Villa Amy
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Five minutes from Berawa Beach and only 15 minutes from the buzz of Seminyak is a romantic three-bedroom villa that promises guests a unique tropical holiday experience. Villa Amy’s contemporary interpretation of heritage chic is inspired. Oriented for privacy on separate terraces edged by cascading pools and lily ponds are three pavilions – all antique Javanese joglos with their four-pillar carved teakwood core, full of the owner’s oriental and Indonesian curios and collectibles. Their interiors are brought bang up to date with soaring glass sliding doors, glamorous furniture, and the iPod docks, TVs and other bells and whistles of 21st Century living.
Whether swimming in the free-form pool fed by a waterfall, gazing over the rice fields from the shade of the balé, or watching a film in the air-conditioned comfort of the bedroom, Villa Amy offers many corners for quiet time as well as social interaction. As one of four villas in the exclusive Dea Villas Estate, it also accords its guests a range of facilities that few Bali villas can offer. Where else could you wobble off the calories on a Powerplate in a professionally equipped air-conditioned gym, work up a sweat in the sauna and then pop into the dedicated spa for a deliciously choreographed four-hand massage? And all that while the kids let off steam on swings and slides in the playground?
Villa Amy guests also enjoy an exemplary level of service. Among the team of staff that serves Dea Villas are butlers working in shifts 24/7, and three chefs who are dab hands at creating everything from poolside snacks to gourmet dinners from a reasonably priced menu.
While Villa Amy would suit a family, a few couples – even honeymooners who’d like a little more space for themselves, it can also be rented in conjunction with any (or all) of the three other Villa Radha (one bedroom), Villa Sarasvati and Villa Sati (both four bedrooms). Between them, the four villas have a total of 12 bedrooms for 24 people (with 8+ extra beds possible), offering the flexibility of different combinations for multiple families holidaying together, large groups of friends and wedding parties (see also the Dea Villas official website for details).
Magical water garden
Sumptuous on-site spa
A lesson in history
"Thank you so much for a wonderful stay, helping us to make beautiful memories for our honeymoon. The team have been brilliant - food, massage, cocktails - we could not have wished for more. Thank you again to all the Dea Team. "
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 19-Jul-2019.
- Fan-cooled open-sided living pavilion featuring the ornately carved central core (pillars and ceiling) of an antique teakwood Javanese joglo
- Huge dining table crafted from a four-metre slab of solid wood, seating up to 14 on cushion-covered benches
- Well-equipped kitchen alongside, with wine fridge, espresso machine and walk-in pantry
- Large waterfall-fed swimming pool adjoining the living pavilion, with sun loungers and umbrella on the terrace
- Poolside balé created from a large thatch-roofed daybed is raised on river rocks for rice-terrace views
- Large sun-trap terrace outside master bedroom, edged with a pond from where a waterfall cascades into the swimming pool below
- Pond with fire-bowl and carved sandstone screen
- Private garden terraces for all three bedrooms
- Palatial master bedroom suite in towering antique joglo, with king-size bed raised on a terrazzo plinth between four soaring pillars
- Sitting area with sofa and armchairs set on teakwood floors before a credenza with TV and DVD player
- Large dressing area
- Large semi-open garden bathroom with walk-in rainshower, twin basins and statement river-rock bathtub by a recessed daybed and antique Chinese screen
- Private sun terrace
- In a separate pavilion on the lower terrace
- King-size bed raised on a terrazzo platform between four joglo pillars
- Daybed between twin desks
- Sliding glass doors onto private garden with table and chairs
- Dressing area leads to large garden bathroom with rainshower and huge open-air river-rock bathtub
- Twin bedroom shares same pavilion as master bedroom, so has towering walls and soaring roof
- Twin wardrobes and dressing tables
- Tropical garden bathroom
- Small sun terrace with Ganesha statue
Dea Villas is located in a quiet street in the rural district of Berawa, near Canggu. There’s not much in the immediate area apart from a number of luxury villas, acres of rice fields and the rugged surf beach of Berawa (2km). Within a two-kilometre radius of Dea Villas are a number of café-style restaurants, a delicatessen, some simple spas, and a yoga venue.
Things to do
Dea Villas’manager and supervisors will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the other villa staff about the local area too. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Sports enthusiasts should head to Bali’s prestigious Canggu Club, with its state-of-the-art gym and tennis and squash courts. Round off your workouts with some fine international dining, then stock up on gourmet goodies at the nearby Deli.
- Visit the mystical Hotel Tugu (Bali’s first museum-hotel) studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques; its award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies. If you’re planning a honeymoon, Hotel Tugu makes a wonderful first night venue. The hotel’s restaurants offer authentic Chinese and Indonesian fine dining, as well as an international menu, in a variety of unique settings. At the rustic Waroeng Tugu you can taste the traditional Javanese and Balinese cuisine of bygone centuries.
- Dea Villas is not far from the famous temple at Tanah Lot (14km), although in peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku Dé Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, Sardine and Métis.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Explore Bali’s backroads, lakes, volcanoes, forests and beaches on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tours, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions