The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Aoyama Lodge is situated on the outskirts of Niseko’s Hirafu Village. This ideal location allows guests to enjoy the tranquil surroundings and stunning views of Mount Yotei, with the added convenience of being just five minutes away from the ski fields and attractions of Hirafu Village.
Completed in 2019, this swanky new chalet presents a modern Japanese design aesthetic with Birchwood floors, feature walls and open communal living and dining areas. Large windows in the living areas and bedrooms provide stunning views of Mount Yotei and the raised tatami room is perfect for the kids or a Japanese-style dining experience.
The intelligent layout accommodates up to ten guests (eight adults and two children) and is perfect for families or groups of friends, with four ensuite bedrooms and extra bedding for the tatami room. Two covered carports and a secure dry room for ski equipment make this the perfect winter haven designed for you to enjoy Niseko’s famous powder snow.
The large dining table comfortably seats eight and the well-appointed sunken kitchen with bar seating is perfect when entertaining. After a long day on the slopes, why not take advantage of Niseko Gourmet, which can deliver groceries, or delicious and hot meals. They can even arrange for an in-chalet private dining experience wherein you can enjoy Japanese, Thai or western dishes prepared especially for you.
Guests checking into Aoyama Lodge can enjoy a complimentary breakfast welcome pack and free shuttle service in the winter season to get onto Niseko’s famous ski slopes. The shuttle can also take you to the village to enjoy Hirafu’s premium shopping and world-class restaurants.
Aoyama Lodge is the perfect mountain retreat from which to enjoy the unique experiences offered by the Niseko region.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Aoyama lodge is positioned in a fantastic location within a quiet forest estate just outside Niseko’s main resort area. The location offers the tranquility and privacy of a mountain retreat, with magnificent Mount Yotei views. In addition, guests can enjoy the convenience of being just a five-minute drive or 20-minute walk from the heart of Hirafu Village with its host of excellent dining, shopping and hot spring experiences on offer. The chalet is only 400 metres away from Niseko’s newest restaurant, Tomo, and just a little further you will find the famous Lupicia restaurant, bakery and tea shop. The complimentary winter shuttle is perfect to get you to the world-famous Niseko powder in no time at all.More information for Things to do
Aoyama Lodge’s concierge team is on-hand to give you all the information you need. They can also make restaurant reservations for you (if availability permits) or help rent sports equipment as well as arrange ski lift passes. With our competent team at your service, leave all your worries behind. Though the area has a plethora of activities, here are our top choices for things to do in Niseko, regardless of the season you visit:
All year round
- As Hokkaido has opened up to international tourists, the region has gained popularity for its pristine surrounds and the amazing local produce that comes from the land and the sea. Local and international chefs have flocked to the area to take advantage of these great products and Niseko has become a food lover’s paradise. Aoyama Lodge is perfectly positioned to enjoy the fantastic restaurants from Annapuri to Hirafu and Kutchan. Options range from small yakitori shops run by old families to world-class fine dining restaurants.
- For a bespoke dining experience, Niseko Gourmet can arrange for a special meal to be cooked in your own chalet by one of Japan’s finest chefs. From a traditional sushi bar to an intimate sukiyaki meal, this is indulgence to the next level. Gourmet food delivery and grocery shopping are also offered in case you prefer to self-cater.
- Acclaimed as Hokkaido’s premier health and wellness destination, Niseko is blessed with a number of atmospheric thermal hot springs, known as onsen, renowned for their relaxation and rejuvenation properties. Head into Hirafu for Hirafutei onsen that overlooks the ski fields or further afield to Makkari Onsen with amazing Mount Yotei views.
- Niseko’s striking mountains and four distinct seasons has attracted many artists to the region over the years. There are many art galleries in the region showcasing local talent and artists from around Japan. Gallery Ram is just a short walk from Aoyama Lodge at Lupica and nestled in the Hanazono Hills is Somoza Gallery, built in a 150 year old farmhouse displaying artefacts from Hokkaido’s first settlers and art from around Japan.
- For a night out around town, we suggest heading to cosmopolitan Hirafu Village and sampling rare Japanese whiskies at Bar Gyu or the vast selection of Japanese craft beers at Mick's. If you still have energy left, be sure to check out Wild Bill's for live music and late-night DJ sets.
- The Nikka Yoichi Distillery is a popular place to visit and learn the workings of the world-renowned whisky’s first distillery, opened in 1934. Some use it as a halfway point to Otaru, the quaint harbour city known for is well-preserved canals, café culture, glassworks, music boxes and street side stalls plying amazing seafood.
- For something more urban, Sapporo City is abuzz 24/7. Japan’s fifth largest city is known for its wide, tree-lined boulevards, ramen and great beer, as well as the annual snow festival in February featuring art and sculptures made of snow and ice, including snow slides.
Widely acclaimed as Japan’s powder playground, Niseko enjoys an average of 15 metres of snow annually, which, combined with fabulous infrastructure and a buzzing international vibe, makes it one of the most sought-after winter experiences in the world. Here are some tips to make the most of your stay in the snow season.
- Aoyama Lodge is just a five-minute drive from the ski lifts in Hirafu so getting on the slopes in the morning is a breeze. Niseko Village is also just around the corner and is recommended for beginners, or for the more advanced skiers there are great powder lines early in the morning.
- Gentem Snowboard shop is five minutes walk from Aoyama Lodge. The snowboards sold in this shop are works of art. Uniquely designed specifically to handle Niseko’s deep powder snow, they are amazing to ride, and look fantastic too. The earlier models are fast becoming investment pieces. There is a café there as well so you can sit and contemplate which model you want.
- Driving a snowmobile is an exhilarating way to explore Niseko's incredible scenery. From adventurous guided tours speeding down forested trails to skidding along the snow on a raft, there are plenty of options available for safe and exciting family fun.
- For those more adventurous, we can recommend Niseko's specialist mountain guides. Hiking up Mount Yotei and skiing powder snow down into the caldera is a rare and rewarding experience you will not forget.
- How about whisking across the sparkling snow on a reindeer sled just like in fairy tales? This is one experience the kids will cherish. The whole family can also join a jumbo sled tour, on a custom-designed snowmobile sled which seats up to six people.
Spring and Summer
- As the snow melts, the landscape explodes with wild flowers, making Niseko the perfect base for hiking. Enjoy the crisp clean air as you ramble across the moors or climb Mount Yotei to enjoy a 360-degree panorama from the trail that winds around the caldera.
- Autumn in Hokkaido is a special time, as the leaves change colours across the countryside. It is the perfect time for a hike or drive, taking photos to capture the unrivalled beauty of Hokkaido’s autumn leaves.
- Play a round of golf while enjoying glorious scenery and spectacular views of Mount Yotei at Niseko Village Golf Course, which was named Japan's Best Golf Course at the World Golf Awards in 2014.
- Treat the whole family to a day of fun at Pure at Niseko Village – a nature activity centre with the longest zip line in Japan. You can also enjoy horse riding, panoramic views of Mount Yotei and the Niseko mountain range from a hot air balloon. The little ones will love ‘Pure’ Adventure the park’s newest attraction, which has an inflatable playground, filled with mazes and slides.
- Regularly hosting Japan's largest cycling race – the 'Tour de Hokkaido' Niseko is a popular cycling destination with a wide variety of trails suitable for all levels, including exhilarating downhill mountain trails via gondola. Got something more leisurely in mind? Quiet country lanes are ideal for gentle family biking.
- Picturesque lakes and rivers make fresh water fishing, canyoning and rafting popular summer pastimes. Shiribetsu River offers some of the best rafting in Asia and you can expect stunning alpine scenery and crystal clear water. Alternatively, head to the nearby Shakotan Peninsula where sea kayaking reveals a magical ocean colour known as Shakotan blue.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
Shake off the stress of holiday planning. Let the Elite Concierge take care of all your bookings and arrangements, from transport, tours and restaurant reservations, to any special requests for your arrival. We’re here to make your holiday experience extraordinary.
This chalet features:
- Two-storey layout with stunning views of Mt.Yotei
- Four ensuite bedrooms with king-size convertible to twin beds
- Spacious communal living areas
- Well-equipped sunken kitchen with bar seating, perfect for entertaining
- Large dining table suitable for eight
- Lounge with designer a sofa and chairs, a Smart TV, and Apple TV
- Secure, heated dry room for skis and other outdoor equipment
- On-call driver in winters for transport within the village and to and from Grand Hirafu Gondola
- Four identical rooms with ensuite bathrooms
- All rooms boast breathtaking Mount Yotei views
- King-size convertible to twin beds in all rooms
- Additional tatami room suitable for two children
Each elite haven in Niseko is self-catering. With a gorgeous fully equipped modern kitchen at your disposal, you will be tempted to stir up your favourite dishes or perhaps something for the little ones. Our partner, Niseko Gourmet offers provisioning services wherein handpicked Hokkaido produce will be brought to your doorstep, along with all the groceries you need.
However, a day on the slopes can get tiring. If you’re not in the mood to cook, why not order in a gourmet meal? Choose from Niseko Gourmet’s tempting menu and enjoy delicious food in the comfort of your living room. For an indulgent experience, ask our Concierge to set up a Niseko Gourmet dinner in your chalet. Sit back and relax as a master chef cooks up a storm within your holiday home and serves you delectable meals including a live display of handmade sushi or an intimate sashimi, tempura & soba noodle experience. Extravagant five or seven-course dinners for adults and two-course dinners for children can also be prepared.
If you feel like heading out, you’ll be spoilt for choice with some of the best restaurants in the area a stone’s throw away. Niseko has a flourishing food scene, with exciting bars, smart eateries and even some fabulous food trucks for a quick bite. Our Concierge will be happy to offer guidance about the best places to eat around your chalet, depending on your personal preferences. They can also make reservations on your behalf, if availability permits.Visit Niseko Gourmet
No winter lasts forever, but we had a beautiful time here. It was very nice here, extremely cozy environment juxtaposed with the cold and dry weather outside. The home was very clean and the view was amazing. Seeing the snowfall with scenic trees and incredible mountain in the background made the stay very enjoyable. I would definitely want to come back! Don't want to leave...18-Dec-2022 - 27-Dec-2022 Sherman C
We had a wonderful time in this elegant, quiet space. The Elite Havens hosts were ultra helpful in all things (ski handling, transportation, advice, etc.). Would recommend to any group skiing Niseko and the surrounding area!23-Feb-2020 - 28-Feb-2020 Eli G
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service