The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Villa Sapi is quite simply what dreams are made of. A masterpiece of design on the peaceful island of Lombok, this six-bedroom oasis is bordered by the pure white sands of Sira Beach against a backdrop of soothing seas, soaring peaks and sensational sunsets. With contemporary architecture, three swimming pools plus a children’s pool, a stand-alone two-bedroom guesthouse, a tennis court, exemplary service and gourmet cuisine - this is tropical living and barefoot luxury at its very best.
Villa Sapi is a place where guests can truly escape; secluded and lusciously private but by no means isolated, its prestigious neighbours include the Sire Beach Golf Club, Hotel Tugu and The Oberoi, and the coral-fringed Gili Islands, with their superb dive sites only a short boat ride away.
Canadian architect David Lombardi’s concept of ‘Function over Form’ leaves Villa Sapi’s guests with a sense of discovery and surprise at every turn, from the traditionally styled, grass-roofed building that houses the main kitchen to a futuristic home theatre.
The view from the villa’s open-sided living and dining room, bedrooms and bathrooms is unrivalled. Guests are again spoilt for choice with views of the ocean, mountains, forest and colourful fishing boats by day, and the moon twinkling on the water at night.
A full team of staff is on hand at Villa Sapi to look after every guest’s need with superb service and cuisine. An extensive array of activities is available to villa guests, including golf, snorkeling, diving, waterfall hikes and mountain trekking, cycling, day trips to the nearby Gili Islands, cooking classes and more. Villa Sapi is sure to deliver a truly unforgettable, supremely relaxing and ultimately luxurious holiday on beautiful Lombok.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Villa Sapi is located at Sira (also spelt Sire), a spur of land bordered by a white ribbon of beach with magnificent coastline views. Just one kilometre from the villa is the Sire Beach Golf Club, an 18-hole championship course, which is open to the public. 300m in the opposite direction is Hotel Tugu Lombok, a funky-fantastic, atmospheric living museum of extraordinary Indonesian antiques, with a restaurant and bar. Tanjung (4km) is an attractive Sasak market village with stalls overflowing with local produce; this is also home to The Oberoi Lombok Hotel, complete with a jetty – should you arrive by boat – and a gourmet restaurant.More information for Things to do
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Chef Kantun manages a cookery school at Villa Sapi dedicated to training young up-and-coming Indonesian chefs for positions at the forefront of Lombok hospitality. Villa guests can take advantage of these facilities for private cookery lessons, just notify us of your interest when making your reservation.
- If you want to go shopping in Lombok, don’t expect modern malls or designer clothing; instead seek out local products. Sweta’s ‘Bertais Market’ at Mataram (31km) sells everything that is made or produced on the island, including Lombok’s intricate basketware. Pearl sellers occasionally walk along Sira Beach and will offer you their wares, expect to be hassled a bit, and remember to barter. For quality and range of pearls, the best option is to visit the specialist retail outlets in Sekarbele, near Mataram (31km).
- Banyumulek (40km) is one of the three main pottery centres on the island; in the mornings, you can watch the women potters at work. At the traditional weaving village of Sembalun (77km) in the foothills of Mt Rinjani, you can witness the production of the island’s striking hand-woven textiles. The beautiful fabrics are created on manually-operated back strap looms.
- Sire Beach Golf Club, designed by Peter Thompson, lies within Sira Bay. A golf buggy can pick you up to enjoy this uncrowded and serene 18-hole championship course (nine coastal holes and nine tucked in the shade of the majestic Mount Rinjani).
- Eat out for a change of scene. Inspect the history, artefacts and curios of nearby funky Hotel Tugu, a living museum of Indonesian antiques and local artwork, over a beachside lunch or dinner. Or enjoy the gourmet food at the 5-star Oberoi Resort and The Lombok Lodge which is opposite the Oberoi.
- Visit the Gili islands to experience a different side of Lombok. Of the three small coral-fringed islands, Gili Meno and Gili Air are fairly quiet and Gili Trawangan has the nightlife. Cidomos (Horse drawn carts) or bicycles and lazy beachside cafes set the scene with no high rise buildings, no motorised vehicles and not a McDonald’s in sight. The villa manager can arrange a boat transfer.
- Investigate the attractive market village of Tanjung, where stalls overflow with mysterious and exotic produce such as locally grown tobacco, coffee, soya and peanuts.
- For a gentle trek, head to Senaru village, the gateway to Rinjani National Park. Local Sasak guides will show you the park’s two beautiful waterfalls of Sindang Gila and Tiu Kelep.
- Do nothing. Relax, Robinson Crusoe-style, on your own deserted beach in the shade of the palm trees, taking a cooling dip in the blue ocean or the refreshing swimming pool.
- Revitalise and rejuvenate with an in-villa massage treatment. Try a deep pressure Balinese massage, a cleansing facial or a simple manicure from professional therapists from The Oberoi Hotel. Or head off to the neighbouring Hotel Tugu Lombok (sister to Tugu Bali) for a yoga meditation session or spa treatment in the gorgeous spa.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Main open-fronted pavilion housing expansive living and dining area furnished with large modular sofas (seating 22)
- Dining table seating 14
- Alfresco dining terrace
- Two full-service kitchens with cutting-edge facilities
- Home theatre with funky beanbags and equipped with a large flat-screen satellite TV, DVD player and surround sound system
- Spa and massage room housed in a traditional lumbung (rice barn) with thatched roof and high ceiling
- 21m infinity pool sits on the beachfront with deep and shallow (1m) ends
- Two additional swimming pools throughout with timber decking
- Grassy deck with sun loungers and balé
- Expansive gardens with huge manicured flat lawns (perfect for events) and private areas along with an elevated and sheltered wooden platform
- Master bedroom with king-bed
- Polished concrete floors and white walls
- Ensuite bathroom split into three areas featuring, multi-faceted shower, bathtub, rain shower and garden
- Air conditioning and ceiling fan
- King-sized four-poster bed with trundle incorporated – perfect for kids or a young family
- Ensuite with outdoor shower and private terrace
- Air conditioning and ceiling fan
- King-sized floating bed
- Sliding door leading to ensuite featuring funky design and outdoor shower
- Private terrace with garden views
- Air conditioning and ceiling fan
- Located in the guest pavilion along with bedroom five, this guest room features polished floors, walls and ceilings
- King-sized bed
- Glass doors opening onto a wooden deck beside a private swimming pool
- Ensuite with tub facing the sea and an outdoor shower
- Air conditioning
- Also located in the guest pavilion
- King-sized bed
- Huge walk-in robes and sitting area
- Glass doors opening onto a wooden deck beside a private swimming pool
- Ensuite with tub facing the sea, alfresco poolside rain shower and single washbasin
- Air conditioning
- Located in the main house with views of the garden
- Furnished with a king-size bed, centrally positioned desk and funky lights
- Ensuite bathroom with rain shower
- Air conditioning
Guests at Villa Sapi are offered full board meals (at a special rate). Villa Sapi’s chef discusses food and meal schedules with guests at the start of their stay. He then produces three gourmet meals per day: a full and hearty breakfast, a three-course lunch and a three-course dinner, plus afternoon tea and snacks. The chef only uses the freshest vegetables and fruits, mostly harvested from Villa Sapi’s own organic garden or from the local market. Fish comes directly from the local fishermen. Poultry is raised locally and organically. Fresh beef and lamb are imported from Australia and New Zealand.
Guests can expect stunningly presented delicious servings of fresh fish, steaks or lamb chops with a colourful array of fresh vegetables; gazpacho soup; gourmet pasta dishes; local dishes such as pepes ikan (fish baked in banana leaf packages); Lombok prawn curry; Sate Ikan Tanjung, which originates from the neighbouring village of Tanjung and features a satay of spiced tuna or snapper fish with an infusion of coconut milk and garlic, pressed onto a lemongrass skewer and grilled. Desserts include a wonderful chocolate fondant and the villa’s pastry chef bakes delicious cakes and other sweet treats. Freshly squeezed fruit juices are always available at Villa Sapi, as well as other soft drinks, beers and a good range of imported spirits (served at cost price) – Mojitos are a specialty. Barbecues or pool balé dinners can be arranged with traditional dance entertainment.
Excellent Clean and very well done The team are amazing and caring Thank you for and having this sensational home. Josh Mantello ,Australian08-Sep-2023 - 11-Sep-2023 Joshua M
The most holiday we had. The best food Thank you so much Koby Lee Australian04-Aug-2023 - 05-Aug-2023 Koby L
Villa Sapi is a wonderful getaway. The staff is really nice ,coming and smiling. The cleaners was and is perfect,everything was always clean! The house and bedding are really comfortable. The chef, everyday the food was really good, we always enjoy what he cooked. Thank you very much! See you Courtois Family Belgium27-Jul-2023 - 03-Aug-2023 Cathy C
Best Villas, I will back on December17-Jun-2023 - 19-Jun-2023 Ed C
This the most amazing villa on the planet. The architecture and layout are both stunning and perfectly done . Every need you car concieve of is taken care of for you that being said. The shining star is the staff. The food is incredible ,Every person is friendly and makes you feel as it you are part of their family . My family and I can not wait to come and visit again . Thank you Villa Sapi11-Jun-2023 - 17-Jun-2023 Russell V
Thank you very much for heaving us , everything was perfect , beautiful villa, amazing view, beach very clean Food was particularly excellent , amazing service not only in the villa , but also trip to Gili Island Thank you again , We will back Andrzej Jacek family02-May-2023 - 06-May-2023 Andrzej Jacek S
We really enjoyed our stay , the smile and food were particularly excellent . I appreciated the attention to detail soaps,scents in the room tun down smile. And thank you to Kantun team for making a special honeymoon for us . We will back! Shannon , David , Roy , Nicolas Kwan . Australian / Swiss14-Apr-2023 - 21-Apr-2023 Shannon J
So serene, just the kind of break we needed. Staff service is impeccable. Thank you, Villa Sapi and Team for creating an unforgettable memory for all of us.17-Mar-2023 - 19-Mar-2023 Farizah F
Beautiful villa, excellent staff we really enjoyed this place, we will come back again. Great, great staff.11-Feb-2023 - 15-Feb-2023 Nicolas E
Second stay here. We all feel like it was a dream to come back. The place is magical . Perfect location and beautiful architecture. But the best part was the staff. They are really great people. Smiles, service, kindness, availability whenever, and always GREAT FOOD. REALLY SUPER PLACE, SUPER EXPERIENCE.25-Dec-2022 - 06-Jan-2023 Pablo D
These were the most wonderfull 3 days of our trip I have ever been on. Staff is the most friendly and attentive I have ever encountered. This is the best vacation experience i have ever had. Thank you for making the days for my birthday party it was amazing - we will never forget and we will return next year. Thank you. Alex and Kristine12-Nov-2022 - 15-Nov-2022 Oleksii Z
An amazing villa, we really enjoyed this place, we will come back30-Jul-2022 - 01-Aug-2022 Ed C
Service, food and facilities are excellent. A beautiful location, we had a wonderful time and we will back again.29-Jun-2022 - 06-Jul-2022 Bridget M
Villa Sapi is one of the most comfortable villas I ever stayed in. We enjoyed our days here with all the luxurious facilities, served by friendly and wonderful staff. And the food is delicious! We will back.05-May-2022 - 09-May-2022 Wenny S
Good view and Facilities , Staff are Amazing and Friendly , We will back .19-Mar-2022 - 21-Mar-2022 Wenny A
While staying at Villa Sapi we are very satisfied with the service. We hope that everything can be maintained like this. We all want to vacation at the Villa Sapi again!06-Jan-2022 - 09-Jan-2022 Martinus S
It has been a very nice experience for us.We received very kind service ,everything was clean We are very happy thank you so much, We wish all the best for everybody have in Villa Sapi11-Nov-2021 - 11-Dec-2021 Stefanie H
Amazing stay!!! The staff was excellent too. Will be back.21-Oct-2021 - 23-Oct-2021 Anggia I
Amazing staff for the most unbelievable stay. Every day expectation exceeded just so thanks for your impeccable service and beautiful smiles. You all made our trip with the beach BBQ party. We had the best time and it was perfect. We are already planing to return. Lots of love to every one of you for making us feel so welcome. Cannot wait to see you again hopefully very soon.09-Feb-2020 - 14-Feb-2020 Rachel H
I could not have experienced a more wonderful holiday stay in Indonesia at Villa Sapi. The highlights have been many particularly noticeable is the exceptional staff service. The food was exceptional, every meal was considered and 5 star.17-Jan-2020 - 24-Jan-2020 Monique S
Thank you again to all staff, for the fourth time we are here, everything was perfect. We had a fabulous time as always. We love Villa Sapi food.03-Jan-2020 - 11-Jan-2020 Andrea P
Thank you for our stay in Villa Sapi, it was a wonderful place. The food was amazing I will miss those flavours. We will come back next year.23-Dec-2019 - 02-Jan-2020 Pablo D
Thank you so much to all staff, this the best 50th birthday, we will return next time.15-Nov-2019 - 18-Nov-2019 Raelene S
These were the most magical 3 days of any trip I have ever been on. Staff is the most friendly and attentive I have ever encountered. This is the best vacation experience i have ever had. Thank you for making the days after my wedding - we will never forget and we will return one day. Thank you.04-Nov-2019 - 07-Nov-2019 Kevin F
A very memorable twelve days of being well looked after. Every small detail immaculately presented - fantastic team. Food was amazing, it was like living with our own private kitchen everyday.05-Jul-2019 - 17-Jul-2019 Paul D
Thank you so much to all staff - friendly and helpful. Excellent food. We will be back.09-Jun-2019 - 12-Jun-2019 Grave T
Thank you so much the whole team, we really had a fabulous weekend and can't wait until next time we can come to Villa Sapi.22-Jun-2018 - 25-Jun-2018 Kevin L
Thank you for our stay in Villa Sapi, it was a great pleasure for us to spend a few days in this wonderful place. It was too short for us, we hope we will come back next year. Your kitchen was great, I'll miss those flavors!07-May-2018 - 16-May-2018 Justyna O
Thank you and the entire Villa Sapi team again for absolutely the most amazing holiday we have had. As we briefly discussed, we will be back to Villa Sapi next year. We have just booked Villa Sapi for two weeks starting April, thank you.25-Apr-2018 - 07-May-2018 Adrian G
Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable. Your team at Villa Sapi are the best in the world. We have made incredible memories here and it's all thanks to your hard work and dedication. Everything has been perfect, we can't wait to come back someday.13-Apr-2018 - 20-Apr-2018 Marcus L
Excellent villa for a large group of up to 13 comfortably. Excellent facilities and views. The staff who attended to us are beyond belief and are very friendly. The Chef is the best there is! Cooks everything fresh and ever willing to teach.14-Jun-2015 - 18-Jun-2015 Farish K
Great view and excellent design. The staff are nice and helpful. The Chef is amazing, every lunch and dinner always surprise us. Great Value!!16-Jan-2015 - 19-Jan-2015 Tien-Hsiang Wen
From the second we arrived till the minute we left, the team at Villa Sapi were amazing. We had the most memorable time with our children and friends, staying in the gorgeous architecturally designed Villa and relaxing around the expansive grounds. The food by Chef and his team was incredible. I would recommend Villa Sapi to anyone who wants to feel like a rock star!!!04-Jan-2015 - 12-Jan-2015 Sophie M
A hidden gem. Great staff. The food is outstanding. We stayed 11 days and only left the property for a visit to Gili Islands.24-Dec-2014 - 04-Jan-2015 Frank R
We had an amazing holiday at Villa Sapi, can't rate it highly enough. We will definitely go back.12-Aug-2014 - 19-Aug-2014 Helen T
Wonderful villa with amazing staff - highly recommended29-Apr-2014 - 13-May-2014 Miki M
Beautiful villa in a lovely beachfront setting. The staff were amazing and the food was fantastic. Our kids had a great time. Not much to do in the surrounding area. But if your happy with beach, pool, sea and being well looked after - perfect.27-Jan-2014 - 04-Feb-2014 Helen Bramley .
We had the absolute BEST time at Villa Sapi. The staff were incredible and we are missing them and everything else about Villa Sapi now that we are home. Can't wait to go back.01-Jul-2013 - 06-Jul-2013 Rebecca D
Villa Sapi is perfection. The architecture, the spaces, the art, the pools, the staff, and the food. It's all beyond fabulous. There's not much more to say than that...!09-Jun-2013 - 16-Jun-2013 Matt Jones .
absolutely brilliant. didn't want to leave. the staff were so generous and accommodating. the food was the best we have ever had anywhere in the world. thank you for a very special time.29-Mar-2013 - 05-Apr-2013 MS
Hard to find fault with this villa - the staff, the ambience, the surroudings...the whole package really. There are many beautiful villas but not many comes with as amazing a chef as Chef Kantun; even the kids enjoyed his salads.24-Mar-2013 - 27-Mar-2013 LK
Stunning villa, beautiful location and fabulous staff. We loved every minute of our stay.08-Dec-2012 - 13-Dec-2012 Kevin Leach-Smith
The architecture and facilities of the villa exceeded our expectations. It was a more than pleasant stay with the friendly staff, who even helped our in our annual dinner and dance decoration with handmade decor and helped set up our dining table by the beach. All in all, we really did enjoy our stay and would recommend to anyone who is keen on a getaway with everything taken care of.22-Nov-2012 - 26-Nov-2012 SN
Amazing location incredible service and totally relaxing, the best holiday my family and friends have had. Hats off to all the staff who really made our stay most enjoyable. We will be back!05-Nov-2012 - 11-Nov-2012 RC
We had a FABULOUS stay, pampered all the way, to the point we didn't want to leave!
We had a fabulous holiday and would definitely go back there again.The food and staff are fabulous.07-Jan-2012 - 14-Jan-2012 Alison Chester
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service