Kaba Kaba Estate
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
For romantic wedding parties, extended family gatherings and groups of well-heeled friends, the Kaba Kaba Estate is peerless. This extraordinary no-expenses-spared eight-bedroom villa rises on royal land on the edge of the prosperous village of Kaba Kaba in Bali’s fertile Tabanan regency, just 10 minutes from the beaches of Canggu. The setting is spectacular – three acres of garden extending into a sea of rice terraces that stretch to the volcano-dotted horizon. The interiors are equally impressive, hosting museum-quality antiques, paintings and objets d’art that reveal the owners’ passion for Asian culture and contemporary art.
The estate has been designed for lavish entertaining, supported by five-star service provided by a large staff of butlers, housekeepers and kitchen staff including an accomplished chef. There are multiple formal and casual living areas that can hold a crowd – among them an air-conditioned living room, open-sided dining pavilion with its six-metre table, large poolside sun-deck, and a huge rooftop terrace with bar and balé. Spread across the series of individual one- and two-level pavilions that make up the estate are smaller living areas as well as decks and balconies for private ‘me’ space away from the social whirl.
Among the exceptional facilities are a Moroccan-themed media room with 106-inch projector screen and 60-inch TV, a library, games room with air hockey and table football, a well-equipped gym and professional spa. Within the extensive gardens is a 25-metre swimming pool as well as two plunge pools (one serving the master suite and the other adjoining a guest suite), a children’s wading pool, a superb tennis court, croquet lawn, lotus ponds and a duck pond … complete with resident ducks.
With its multiple-pavilion layout and magnificent facilities, Kaba Kaba estate is perfect for two or three families who love holidaying together while enjoying their own breathing space. And as a wedding venue, it’s breathtaking.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Kaba Kaba Estate lies on the edge of a historic rural village of the same name in the Tabanan regency of south-west Bali. With an outlook that re-affirms the regency’s epithet of ‘Bali’s rice bowl’, the villa gazes northwards and eastwards across a seemingly endless expanse of rice fields towards the majestic volcanic peaks of Mount Agung, Batur and Batukaru. This glorious setting promises guests a rare experience of Bali’s rural rhythms largely unchanged over centuries.
Among the treasures of Kaba Kaba village are myriad temples including an ancient shrine from the 14th century, pre-dating the arrival of the Majapahit court. Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot sea temple is a ten-minute drive away, as is the wild black-sand beach at Seseh. The surfers’ haunt of Echo Beach, with its smattering of casual waterfront cafés, is only five minutes further, and the glamorous boutiques and restaurants of Seminyak are less than half an hour from the villa.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- With its warm seas, almost year round season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world-renowned.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the 'real' Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- If you’ve always dreamed of galloping along a beach or riding through villages bordered by rice fields, now’s your chance. Kuda P Stables (in Pererenan) can arrange horse riding tours, as well as children’s riding lessons and horse-drawn carriage outings.
- Visit the mystical Hotel Tugu (Bali’s first museum-hotel) studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques and its award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies. The hotel's restaurants offer authentic Chinese and Indonesian fine dining, as well as an international menu, in a variety of unique settings. At the rustic Waroeng Tugu you can taste the traditional Javanese and Balinese cuisine of bygone centuries.
- Make a pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset; be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu Priests (and watch out for the monkeys, who are very adept at helping themselves to anything from snacks to sunglasses and even cameras!)
- Desa Seni at Berawa Beach, is an eco-friendly village resort providing an authentic Indonesian experience through the exploration of culture, art and yoga. The resort offers a wide variety of yoga classes and also has its own spa.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Mamasan, Sardine and Métis.
- There's a strip of restaurants and cafés at Echo Beach offering a wide range of dining options from chic and sceneful to cheap and cheerful. Try The Beach House for fresh seafood barbecues every night and live music on Sundays. And check out Café Dian here too - owned by the delightful Wayan, it serves local dishes and great fish ‘n chips.
- Discover the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Jatuluwih Rice Terraces is a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its preservation of traditional Balinese farming techniques. True to its name, which means extraordinary or truly marvellous, this scenic point at 850 metres (2,700ft) above sea level offers one of the most breathtaking panoramic views imaginable, with rice terraces stretching all the way to southern Bali. Padi Bali (indigenous Balinese rice) with long graceful stalks is grown here.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Formal, antiques-filled, air-conditioned or fan-cooled living room opening onto the pool
- Large dining pavilion with six-metre-long table for 18 and open-plan guest kitchen with sit-up bar, wine fridge, and coffee machine. (Behind is the service kitchen)
- Moroccan-themed media room with 106-inch retractable projector screen, 60-inch TV and Bose surround-sound
- Games room with air hockey, table football and walk-in playroom full of toys
- Library with good collection of fiction and books on Bali
- Two more living rooms in the guest pavilions, partially open to the gardens
- 25-metre swimming pool with large furnished sun deck
- Two plunge pools – one for the master bedroom, one for a guest suite
- A children's wading pool by the entrance to the Pande pavilion
- Private balconies and decks off most bedrooms
- Huge rooftop entertainment space with performance area, covered bar and balé.
- Tennis court, croquet lawn and duck pond
- Palatial master suite with huge pillared bed on raised platform
- Private sundeck with 6m x 3m plunge pool and rice-terrace view
- Huge air-conditioned bathroom with double basins, walk-in rain shower, and a second alfresco shower and statement hamam-style sunken bath set within a private walled garden
- Seven guest suites: two on the second floor of the main pavilion, two in the Pilisan pavilion, and three in the Pande pavilion.
- One guest suite is designed as a children's room with two sets of bunk beds
- Other suites have king-size four-poster beds, two of which can be configured as twins
- All bedrooms (except for children's bunk room) have 32-inch satellite TVs, Blu-ray disc players and iPod docks
- All bathrooms are air-conditioned and have walk-in shower, double basins and (except for the children's bunk room), a bathtub. Some have indoor-outdoor bathrooms
- One guest bedroom – Pilisan Daja – with private plunge pool
A key element of the Kaba Kaba experience is the villa's delectable cuisine.
Breakfast gives a taste of what’s to come, with an appetising Balinese fare. For lunch and dinner, Kaba Kaba Estate presents a suggestion menu of snacks, appetisers, mains and desserts.
Reigning over his exceptionally well-equipped professional kitchen, the chef prepares a wealth of special Balinese dishes such as Gado Gado (mixed vegetables with peanut sauce), Pepes Ikan (fish cooked in banana leaf with Balinese spices, served with rice), and Dadar Gulung (rolled pancake with grated coconut and palm sugar). The western menu covers everything from pumpkin soup, goat cheese salad, beef sirloin, and lamb ribs to seared tuna and lobster. There’s also a choice of pizza and pasta dishes, as well as a kids’ menu.
The chef is happy to tailor meals to special dietary requirements, or to work off-menu to meet your dining preferences. Should you wish to host a dinner party, he is in his element whipping up Balinese feasts, which are served with panache by the villa butlers. Additionally, an excellent wine list provides a choice of wines, spirits, champagnes and cocktails. Non-menu food items and all beverages are charged to guest account.
Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus 20%++ handling fee. Guests will be requested to provide grocery money in advance and the staff will do the shopping for you and keep the receipts for your reference.
Thank you to the wonderful staff of KabaKaba Estate, we all enjoyed our beautiful time at the estate. Thank you for allowing us to host our wedfing and events here, it was the most perfect venue and all guests thoroughly enjoyed their time here. We look forward to coming back again one day. Kind regards Andrew & Kate Mercieca and family03-Aug-2023 - 07-Aug-2023 Kate and A
Thank you to Rahmat and the entire team at beautiful Kaba Kaba Estate. You have all made our week and our wedding something out of dreams, your kindness, incredible service and smiles will be missed greatly. We hope to come back soon and stay at Kaba Kaba again. Thank you from the bottom of our heart. Much love,Simon,Emma and the entire Beach and Barnett families.24-Jul-2023 - 31-Jul-2023 Emma B
A lovely time we've had indeed. A chow family reunion that had taken quite some time. Thank you is not quite enough but what more can we say ? We are grateful for the time we've had. We wish that we could stay. With much gratitude. From all the Chows - Hong Kong - Shanghai - Australia11-Apr-2023 - 15-Apr-2023 Brenda C
The staff are very polite and helpful to our needs and meals. The Estate is huge & we loved the lap pool & field, where we could have a bunch at activities together as a family. Rooms were specifics & amenities were available for use. Highly recommended for large group and family. Malvin Tan20-Jan-2023 - 24-Jan-2023 Melvin T
What a memorable holiday for our family with beautiful Kaba Kaba ! We felt welcome & comfortable from the first moment, with friendly, caring and accommodating staff. Thank you Kaba Kaba team. McMillan family20-Dec-2022 - 30-Dec-2022 Mc M
Incredible,amazing,divine, not enough words to describe the people and the place. Thank you so much Pak Rahmat and your colleagues, your team there was nothing that could have added to the experience it was beyond expectations. We shall return !!! Thank you, Suzie O'carroll08-Sep-2022 - 12-Sep-2022 Suzie O
Wow..what a place !! After 3 years of planning and covid disruption we finally made it. It was worth the wait as we experienced a stunning villa, amazing staff and totally relaxing holiday with our friends. I recommended this place more highly and has been the experience of a life time !. Thank you Kaba Kaba Estate.01-Aug-2022 - 08-Aug-2022 Darsh P
We Stayed in Kaba Kaba for one full month. Thank you for making us feel at home during our stay here. The service by Pak Rahmat and team was absolutely top notch. Our families will miss Kaba Kaba and will always cherish the happy memories of our time here. From : Bennett and Olivia Jap Rizaldi and Alison Tjokrodjojo Edwin and Lilian Oen Jakarta and Surabaya12-Mar-2021 - 11-Apr-2021 Bennett B
Our stay at Kaba Kaba Estate was a great experience. These memories shall not be forgotten. I would like to thank the staff for their good service. Kadek, Trisna, Made, Gede, Pak Ketut are all very hospitable people. Everyone enjoyed the villa's cosy atmosphere and the food. We pray that you all remain safe. Valerii's Family15-Dec-2020 - 07-Jan-2021 Maxim K
Christmas at Kaba Kaba has been an unforgettable experience. Everything from the food down to the incredible service has not failed to put a smile on our faces. The service from Rahmat and his team has been fantastic, always ready to help. The setting, the bedroom, everything has been truly wonderful. Many many thanks.19-Dec-2019 - 26-Dec-2019 Martha W
The service are fantastic, the people are very friendly and helpful. I will recommend this villa to my friends because of the great experience I had here. Once again thank you so much.13-Nov-2019 - 17-Nov-2019 Simon S
We have had the most amazing time at Kaba Kaba Estate! The staff have been incredible and so accommodating. We can't thank you enough! The most beautiful estate and staff. Thank you.06-Nov-2019 - 11-Nov-2019 Lucia M
Service was impeccable and unmatched. The staff worked diligently to cater to our every whim. They were superb, we are pleased and ever so grateful.08-Sep-2019 - 12-Sep-2019 Camille B
It's been a pleasure to celebrate our amazing wedding at Kaba Kaba Estate. The venue is incredible and the staff are amazing. Once again thank you so much for everything.25-Aug-2019 - 27-Aug-2019 Tay E
British Virgin Islands
I wanted take this opportunity to thank you and your team for wonderful week. It's a delight to see everyone smiling throughout the day. Nothing was ever too hard and done with smile. The service was as beautiful as the villa, myself and the guests have had an amazing experience, thanks to you.22-Apr-2018 - 28-Apr-2018 Jacob M
This is the most amazing place I have ever been to. The staff are helpful warm heart, kind people who are always there if we needed something. The house is well taken care of and we have been all over the world and we are never been anywhere with such an amazing warm and carrying team, lovely and kind people. Simply a peace of heaven.11-Aug-2017 - 28-Aug-2017 Aisha A
The villa is wonderful, enjoy the stay and everything are perfect, the service is great and planning will coming back.30-Jan-2017 - 04-Feb-2017 Jin J
Thank you very much for your time and help, We are very enjoyed our stay in the villa, we will be back again.17-Oct-2016 - 21-Oct-2016 Christian & Yasmeen