Baan Surin Sawan
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Baan Surin Sawan is an exquisite sea-view villa set in a tranquil hillside estate just minutes away from the sands of Surin Beach on Phuket’s beautiful west coast. Brimming with elegance and a fascinating collection of art and artefacts from around the world, this four-bedroom, fully staffed villa embraces easy, yet luxurious, tropical living. Sawan is Thai for ‘Heaven’; and with this stunning blend of tropical setting, enchanting contemporary Thai design and dazzling sunset views, it’s not hard to see why Baan Surin Sawan is so aptly named.
Traditional Thai pitched-roof pavilions front the villa’s private and communal accommodation which is configured in three spacious bedroom suites, a comfortable and inviting living room, fully-equipped entertainment room, modern kitchen and functional dining room, while tropical outdoor living focuses around the villa’s refreshing 8-metre pool.
Throughout Baan Surin Sawan, intricate hangings adorn the walls, alongside embroidered fabrics, African masks and other works of art sourced from around the world – testament to the owner’s travels. An extensive use of wood, marble, stone and other natural materials combine with floor mosaics and eye-catching design details to give the villa a distinctive flair.
Baan Surin Sawan is staffed with a full-time Thai chef who prepares delicious meals daily, maids and a villa manager who will be pleased to assist with guests’ holiday requirements both in the villa and beyond.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Baan Surin Sawan enjoys a prime position within the 18-villa Baan Thai Surin Hill estate, with panoramic views over Surin and Bang Tao Bays, divided by the lush headland that’s home to the prestigious Amanpuri resort.
Nearby Surin Beach is one of Phuket’s finest, with 800-metres of golden sand lapped by the turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea, while its surrounding roads offer more superb dining choices, spas, and boutique shops.More information for Things to do
- Explore the delights of the Andaman Sea aboard a luxury yacht charter. The beautiful sights of Phang Nga Bay, Raya islands, Similan Islands, Koh Phi Phi and more are all within an easy day’s sail.
- Experience Phuket’s beach club and resort dining scene: decadent brunches, DJ dance parties, beachfront barbecues, romantic sunset dinners.
- Make a splash and keep fit with an array of water sports including windsurfing, sea kayaking and stand-up paddling, or discover Thailand’s exotic underwater world on a scuba diving or snorkelling excursion.
- Enjoy a round of golf at the Laguna Phuket Golf Club, Blue Canyon, Mission Hills or other Phuket golf courses.
- Indulge in a relaxing spa session at the Banyan Tree, Twinpalms or Amanpuri resorts, or unwind on the beach with a simple Thai massage.
- Discover Phuket’s rich history and traditional life on a cultural tour of Phuket Town. Learn more about the history behind the restored Sino-Portuguese shops and mansions and sample some of the island’s best local cuisine.
- Learn the secrets of making fragrant, spicy and flavourful Thai cuisine in a cookery class.
- Delve in to the nightlife of Patong Beach: dance the night away in a disco, stroll the bizarre and bawdy Soi Bangla walking street, savour cocktails and wine at a chic waterfront bar.
- Explore Phuket’s interior for some outdoor adventures: elephant and horseback riding, ATV, waterfalls and jungle trails, the Gibbon Rehabilitation Centre, zipline sessions, bungy jumping, agricultural tours and more.
- Browse for art, clothing, gifts and antiques at The Plaza Surin, Paul Ropp, boutique shops at Twinpalms and Amanpuri resorts and other shops along the streets of Surin.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Long pavilion with pitched-roofs housing the living and dining area spanning the length of the pool on the upper level and opening out onto the pool terrace
- Dining room with large ten-seater rattan table
- Full-service kitchen with granite bench tops and stainless steel appliances
- Entertainment room downstairs with surround-sound system, 42inch flat-screen TV, beanbags and comfortable sofas that can convert into beds
- Pantry stocked with drinks and snacks
- 10m infinity pool with shallow end and swim-up bar
- Peak-roofed sala (gazebo) with ceiling fans and comfortable seating
- Sand washed sundeck stretching between the villa’s main pavilion and the pool
- Separate fan-cooled sala with dining table for six and a BBQ
- King-size bed four-poster bed swathed in silky golden gauze
- Sea view position with floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open onto the pool
- Built-in sofa and spacious dressing room
- Ensuite bathroom with sunken terrazzo jacuzzi tub, rain shower, ceramic basins and private garden area
- Two king-size bedrooms downstairs featuring comfortable seating, private balconies, extravagant ensuite bathrooms and private garden areas
- Queen-bedded fourth guest bedroom (which doubles as a study), featuring garden views and adjoining (not ensuite) bathroom
Enjoy a variety of delicious Thai dishes prepared by the skilled chef, who may also cook a select range of western dishes such as pastas and sandwiches by arrangement. Special dietary requirements and children’s meals can be discussed with the chef.
Guests are encouraged to meet with the villa (concierge) manager and chef soon after their arrival to plan meals and discuss their preferences and any special dietary requests. The chef ideally needs a day’s notice to buy groceries and prepare meals. Guests who prefer to self-cater have the full western kitchen at their disposal, and may request assistance with the grocery shopping (charged at cost plus a modest charge to cover petrol costs).
All provisions will be purchased by the chef and charged to guests at cost plus a small service charge. Receipts will be provided either daily or at the end of the stay – as preferred. It is also requested that the chef be given a ‘float’ to cover the grocery shopping.
We are from Saudi Arabia and we have stayed in Baan Surin Sawan, 3 nights.The place was wonderful and the staff are good. My wife and my mother loved the place and love the staff. From the staff, Rose was so amazing and helpful. Anything we need she gives us.01-Jun-2022 - 04-Jun-2022 Abdulaziz B
Dear Rose and the team, Thanks a lot for having us and your amazing service and being a part of your lovely country and explore your amazing hospitality. All the best and hope to meet again.- Noah, Martin & Choie26-Mar-2022 - 29-Mar-2022 Martin S
United Arab Emirates
Dear Tazzy and the team thank you a lot for our fantastic vacation. We enjoyed time in Baan Surin Sawan very much, the food and service were fantastic very testy and we have all our requests on 5 star level. Thank you again ! We will definitely recommend come back again. All the best! Thank you! - Julia Mostovoy and Family05-Feb-2022 - 19-Feb-2022 Mr Ilya M
Huge thanks to Tazzy and the team for a fabulous 10 days at Baan Surin Sawan . We came with very high expectations and can honestly say that they were met and surpassed!! Nothing was too much trouble for the team and we felt very humble by their hospitality. We leave with some beautiful memories. Thank you sincerely The Chandarana , Bansils,and Thiruathan Family29-Dec-2021 - 07-Jan-2022 Parisha B
We have been to Thailand many times before but usually stay in hotels. This was our first time in a villa and it has been our best holiday so far . These 2 weeks have flown by. The staff has been amazing and very accommodating. Our breakfast & dinner have been superb ! We couldn't have asked for a better holiday. Thank you so much to Taz and the team . The Patel Family16-Dec-2021 - 28-Dec-2021 Sanjay P
This is a very good place to stay. Our family had a good time here. We will come back again! The staffs is very nice & friendly. Thank you, Amy & Chef Ron12-Feb-2021 - 14-Feb-2021 Chef Ron B
This has been a wonderful stay for our family. We could not have asked for more. Everything was great and we appreciated all that the staff did.24-Jan-2020 - 31-Jan-2020 Don R
Wonderful time as always. All the staff are amazing, so efficient friendly and smiley. We enjoyed the villa and the food. It is becoming a " home from home". So see you next year!17-Jan-2020 - 24-Jan-2020 Claire H
We spent 10 days in this very nice place. We had such a great service and we do hope to come back very soon. All was simply perfect. Thanks.26-Dec-2019 - 06-Jan-2020 Andrea V
We are a family from Malaysia, travelling with three kids. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The kids love the pool, the gorgeous food, bathtub, the living room, the view. The service and hospitality from the villa manager and staff made the stay a great one! Will definitely come back! Lots of love12-Dec-2019 - 15-Dec-2019 Liza N
We had a lovely relaxing weekend at beautiful villa Baan Surin Sawan. Thank you so much to the attentive staff who look after us very well and cooked delicious meals. We had a lovely time and will definitely recommend this place to our friends. The rooms were very comfortable and beautiful and the view from the pool was great. We feel very lucky to have stayed here. Thanks again.07-Nov-2019 - 10-Nov-2019 Marc P
Very comfortable and good service. Hope to stay here again.02-Nov-2019 - 04-Nov-2019 Darren P
The villa was very great and the staff team were amazing.03-Oct-2019 - 06-Oct-2019 Lien Y
Natty, thank you to you and the team for looking after us so well you all were wonderful.13-Sep-2019 - 16-Sep-2019 SANDEEP D
Thank you for all the kindness and that you all help us. It was so amazing with you in this house. This house is perfect. We have fun and amazing food. We enjoy went we stay at the house. We will come back here again.19-Jul-2019 - 26-Jul-2019 Amina B
Here to celebrate a 50th birthday. Had a very relaxing 3 days here. Chef was excellent and staff are very friendly. We enjoyed the food tremendously. Staff were very attentive and we spent most of our time by the pool. Pool clean and well kept. Had a great time here. Thank you for such a wonderful time. A lovely villa.21-Mar-2019 - 24-Mar-2019 Jerome N
So appreciate Lilly and her team. Thank you very much.12-Mar-2019 - 15-Mar-2019 Matthew W
We are so happy to meet you. To be honest, we did not get the same welcome at other villas we stayed at. Thanks a lot for the warmth that you and your team extended to us. We will share this with others for sure.08-Mar-2019 - 09-Mar-2019 Villa Finder F
Thank you so much for looking after us with so much attention. We really appreciated this as you made our stayed at the villa so memorable. We very much hope to see you again in the near future.17-Feb-2019 - 07-Mar-2019 Tom B
Another wonderful holiday at this villa. As always, the staff are fantastic - delicious food, spotless rooms, first class organization and always with a smile. Would love to take them home with me. Can’t wait to see you all next year.18-Jan-2019 - 25-Jan-2019 Claire H
Thank you. We had a great time. Love the place, great team.02-Jan-2019 - 05-Jan-2019 Adam C
It has been a wonderful stay here in this villa. Our hostess - Pekky has made our stay here so enjoyable. The villa facilities are clean and well maintained.10-Dec-2018 - 13-Dec-2018 Carol F
Thank you for a wonderful stay at Baan Surin Sawan. The house was well kept and beautiful staff were accommodating and helpful. We enjoyed our first trip to Thailand very much.16-Nov-2018 - 23-Nov-2018 Mark K
Our friend and family had a wonderful stay here. Lucky, Giipsy and staff were amazing - they looked after all we needs and wants and served food when we wanted and what we wanted and the food was as good better then any restaurant.02-Nov-2018 - 16-Nov-2018 Walter K
Very comfortable and good service, hope to stay here again07-Sep-2018 - 10-Sep-2018 Tsz Ching H
Thank you for everything. Villa is good. The view is good. Staff are very good.06-Jun-2018 - 11-Jun-2018 Yang H
Our group of friends enjoyed very much. The hospitality of your villa, it is easy to find and staff attention and services is very good. We thank you for our stay, it's amazing. Thank Katy, Chef and all the staff.01-Jun-2018 - 05-Jun-2018 Chan P
Our group of friends very much enjoyed the hospitality of your villa. It is easy to find. Staff attention and services is very good. We thank you for our stay in amazing villa.25-May-2018 - 29-May-2018 Simone D
Thank you so much for taking care for our stay. The service was fantastic, the food great, the property was lovely and clean.. perfect!18-May-2018 - 20-May-2018 Charlie H
Thank you very much for your kindness during the stay everything was great. The food, the cleanliness and the view of the sea was the best. Thank you again.03-May-2018 - 06-May-2018 Jim and friends
Thank you all for such an amazing stay at this wonderful villa. The pool and service has been quite incredible. We hope to be back very soon.03-Apr-2018 - 08-Apr-2018 Emma S
Thank you for an amazing holiday and amazing staff and villa. See you next time.28-Mar-2018 - 02-Apr-2018 Stefanie W
Thank you for making our first family trip to Phuket a very special one! Your attentiveness to all of our needs was amazing. We would love to come back. The home cooked Thai food beautifully presented and was delicious. Thank you again.14-Mar-2018 - 18-Mar-2018 Daniel W
Superb stunning villa. Immaculate throughout. Luxury touches in every room. This was paradise for us. And Noi, the housekeeper is wonderful.31-Jan-2016 - 06-Feb-2016 Kay R
We had a wonderful time at the villa - we were especially impressed with the expansiveness of the villa which is beautifully furnished. We were also very lucky to have Pat and her team who took care of all our needs, they were super friendly, reliable and did a great job! We loved it so much we plan to go back again very soon.05-Jun-2015 - 07-Jun-2015 Dilpa S
Villa is nicely located and well kept08-Sep-2014 - 09-Sep-2014 Philip K
We have stayed in this villa on several occasions. As always it is the most beautiful place to stay. There is everything you need to make your holiday the most peaceful and relaxing experience. I look forward to our next holiday in Baan Surin Sawan.15-Sep-2013 - 27-Sep-2013 Sarah Doran
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service