The Layar - two bedroom villa
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
If you’re seeking that elusive fusion of high-tech architecture, cool design aesthetic and hot location, The Layar is sure to set your pulse racing.
Seminyak’s brightest new star, The Layar features distinctive pitched roofs that taper dramatically to the ground like the triangular rigging of traditional fishing boats – hence the nautically inspired name (Layar is Indonesian for sails). These steeply sloping geometric roof planes combine with curved and angled walls to create exciting light-filled split-level open spaces that flow seamlessly across the private swimming pool into the garden. This is truly open-plan tropical living at its best!
At the heart of The Layar’s two-bedroom villas is a two-tiered living area, above which floats a mezzanine media room where banks of comfortable sofas gaze down towards the pool.
Sun loungers stretch out on the pool deck, while a jacuzzi and tiered shallow steps offer tempting spots for cooling-off in the water. Screened by a curved wall of India stone is the king-bedded master suite, whose glamorous garden bathroom is fitted with a large tub. The guest bedroom, also king-bedded and with a gorgeous bathroom, is just as enticing and secluded.
The Layar is run as a boutique hotel, with staff taking care of 23 villas – each set in its very own garden in an elevated setting that creates a sense of openness and space that’s rare in this most popular of Bali’s resort areas. While each villa has a well-equipped kitchen, there’s an excellent room service menu, and guests can also book a chef for a sumptuous poolside seafood barbecue or opt to dine at the fabulous Italian Restaurant, Settimo Cielo perched at the front of the estate.
With its dynamic design, five-star service and stand-out location, The Layar will appeal to design-savvy families and groups of friends who appreciate the privacy and luxury of their own villa while relishing the accessibility of Bali’s best restaurants, bars, shops and surf breaks just a short stroll away.
Should this villa not be available, please go to the owner's website www.thelayar.com where you can view the availability of six more similar two bedroom villas which may suit.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
The Layar is an exclusive residential enclave set well back from a quiet road a short stroll from Jalan Laksmana, Seminyak’s culinary and fashion epi-centre. Bali’s best-known restaurants are all within easy walking distance, as are boutiques, galleries, gourmet shops and homeware stores. And mere moments away is the sweep of sandy Petitenget Beach, famed for its surf breaks and sunset bars.More information for Things to do
Staff at The Layar will have a wealth of information about places of interest, both locally and island-wide, and will be happy to help arrange transport and make any restaurant reservations or tour bookings. Many of the team will live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of The Layar.
- You could eat out at a different restaurant in Seminyak every night – for months – and still not run out of options. Jalan Laksmana (also known as Jalan Oberoi and Jalan Kayu Aya) is Bali’s fashionable ‘Eat Street’, offering plenty of high-end restaurants including Nutmegs at Hu’u Bar. The Breeze at The Samaya are great for sunset drinks. Two new beachclubs, Cocoon and Potato Head, are classy seaside alternatives. Then there’s La Plancha, a rustic beach bar between Double Six and Gado Gado, very popular, good tapas, very reasonably priced drinks, with live music and DJ events. A short taxi ride will bring you to Sardine, Métis and Naughty Nuri's, famous for barbecue ribs and wicked Martinis.
- Shop til you drop! In Seminyak and neighbouring Kerobokan you can rummage for treasures through cluttered little stores and dark junkshops crammed to the ceiling with curios and made-to-order ‘antiques’, derive inspiration from classy homeware shops, or wander through huge furniture warehouses. In Jalan Laksmana (Eat Street) you can shop between courses! Boutiques include Paul Ropp, Biasa, Magali Pascal, Anouck, Lily Jean, Bamboo Blond, Dinda Rella, Innuendo, Religion, Body & Soul, Buddha Wear, M. Harcourt, Pura Vida, and Uma & Leopold to name but a few. Kids fashion stores include Kidsagogo and Kiki’s Closet. For art lovers, galleries worth visiting in Seminyak include Randelli Gallery, Biasa and Kendra.
- It’s possible to walk the sands of Seminyak’s Petitenget beach all the way to Kuta in the south, or north to Canggu. The beach is more popular with locals than tourists (not safe for swimming in most sections), but is a great spot for building sandcastles or to watch the sunset as you sip a cocktail from one of the many beachside bars.
- Pura Petitenget at the beachside off Jalan Petitenget is a compact, pretty Balinese temple, which is known for particularly spectacular beachside ceremonies. There has been a temple here since at least the 16th century, and although this is not one of the key nine directional temples of Bali, it is an important link in the series of west coast temples between Pura Uluwatu and Pura Tanah Lot.
- Make a pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset; be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu Priests (and watch out for the monkeys, who are very adept at helping themselves to anything from snacks to sunglasses and even cameras!)
- Play a round of golf at the well-laid out 18-hole Bali Beach Golf Course or go further afield to Kuta for the 85-hectare New Kuta Golf for a natural desert-like landscape and fantastic view.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- With its warm seas, almost year-round surf season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks, and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world-renowned.
- Hire a bicycle and explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Discover Bali’s lakes, volcanoes, forests and beaches on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tours, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Open-plan living rooms with teakwood sofa and coffee table
- Elevated indoor dining areas seat four
- Satellite TVs with DVD/CD players
- Galley-style kitchens
- Swimming pools with shallow area for lounging
- Lawns fringed by elevated tropical gardens
- Double sun-loungers on timber pool decks
- Some villas with shaded garden pergola seating
- King-size beds
- Satellite TVs with DVD/CD players
- Stylish seating areas
- Sliding doors opening to pool decks
- Decadent bathrooms with twin vanities and foliage-fringed showers
- Stone bathtubs in pebbled-filled courtyard gardens
Good food, effortlessly provided and gracefully served, is key to a relaxing and rewarding holiday experience.
Guests at The Layar can enjoy delicious food all day long, with a breakfast menu available from 7am to 11am and an extensive in-villa menu available from 11am to 10pm. Simple favourites such as pizzas and burgers sit alongside more delectable dishes such as crudo of yellow fin tuna, and rabbit and porchini pappardelle. Kids are well looked after too, with their own menu.
Particularly popular are The Layar’s private barbecue dinners – prepared, cooked and served at sunset in your villa garden. Guests also have the option of engaging a private chef who will design a special menu for them to enjoy ‘at home’ in the villa.View a sample menu
Best location: very quiet yet 5 min walking distance away from the shopping/Restaurants street and the beach. Top-notch service, beautiful villa.15-Jul-2023 - 19-Jul-2023 Carlos Jairo G
Bali at its best - Our stay was very very good. The staff was extremely friendly and helpfull. The pool was amazing, we enjoyed it every day. Very central location in Seminyak, but the villa itself is still secluded. We had an amazing vacation.11-Jun-2023 - 16-Jun-2023 Rosanna W
Lovely - Amazing chilling vibes, beautiful area, gentle and caring staff, especially manager Bruce. Everything what I needed they organized. I would like to come back soon. Also good restaurant with Italian food and good options for breakfast27-May-2023 - 04-Jun-2023 Carmelo G
Bali at its best - Our stay was very very good. The staff was extremely friendly and helpfull. The pool was amazing, we enjoyed it every day. Very central location in Seminyak, but the villa itself is still secluded. We had an amazing vacation.29-Apr-2023 - 05-May-2023 MARK H
The best place to stay for privacy in a luxurious villa and location is close to all the best day clubs.18-Mar-2023 - 20-Mar-2023 Jaime R
Heaven on earth and place of my heart - Place of my heart , It was my 3 time in this beautiful and romantic place , i feel very safe and happy at The Layar ,and I will be back very soon ! The service is impeccabile, they organize all for me and really I feel I’m at home in this place ! Heaven on earth11-Mar-2023 - 18-Mar-2023 Ivana K
Summer 2022 - I spent 2 weeks at The Layar with my girlfriend and my son and everything looked amazing. Super clean, great design and prestine maintenance. Close to the main bars, shops and restaurant but very quite.27-Aug-2022 - 06-Sep-2022 Brent S
Everything was perfect! - everything about the villa. Immaculate. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Making our stay a memorable ones04-Sep-2022 - 06-Sep-2022 Datuk Zafrol Rizal M
Friendly staff and delicious food.21-Jun-2019 - 26-Jun-2019 Aaron S
Fabulous stay - Thank you!20-Jun-2019 - 23-Jun-2019 Caroline P
Very clean and great roof features. Staff are friendly and helpful too. Very reasonably priced and great tasting western cuisine.06-Dec-2016 - 09-Dec-2016 Irene C
I recently stayed at the Layar, my stay was perfect, my villa was absolutely beautiful, the staff were outstanding, breakfasts were delicious. A fantastic place to stay to wind down and relax. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Layar villas.02-Dec-2016 - 07-Dec-2016 Donna L
The best I have stayed in in Bali. Great staff. Couldn't recommend it enough.23-Nov-2016 - 30-Nov-2016 Leanne S
Loved every minute staying here, such a beautiful Villa and amazing staff. Could not recommend enough. Cant wait to come back.18-Nov-2016 - 22-Nov-2016 Shae H
Beautiful villa in the perfect location! Close to absolutely everything and yet so quiet and private. Staff were amazing - respectful, polite and very well trained. Such a wonderful trip, made even better by the staff at The Layar!18-Nov-2016 - 21-Nov-2016 Peter F
We loved our stay at The Layar, would definitely come again.30-Jun-2016 - 08-Jul-2016 SUE T
A very warm and welcoming villa, plenty of open garden space, excellent service & friendly staff21-May-2016 - 31-May-2016 Shaun G
Amazing villas! One of the best i have stayed in. Prefect location, modern, fab staff and loads of room :)25-May-2016 - 30-May-2016 Sam Preston
Beautiful villa, gorgeous pool and out door area. Perfect for a weekend with friends26-May-2016 - 29-May-2016 Samantha Mclaughlin
I stay in a 2 BD villa and had an amazing experience. The villa's are very modern and well maintained. Highly recommended!18-May-2016 - 21-May-2016 Eric C
The Layar have beautiful villas with very friendly and helpful staff, close to the amazing restaurants in Seminyak.10-Apr-2016 - 15-Apr-2016 Rupert H
Wonderful location and facilities for families. Good service, clean and quick to respond to your every need. Close walking or buggy trips to Seminyak makes it convenient for dining and shopping. Would book again.01-Feb-2016 - 06-Feb-2016 Robert T
Amazing Villa! We loved our stay and couldn't fault anything! The food was amazing!!06-Nov-2015 - 10-Nov-2015 Matt And Renee C
Outstanding tropical architecture where every line or shape is in harmony. A true relaxing experience in the heart of bustling Seminyak. Great service by dedicated staff. The in-villa spa service was remarkable.27-Oct-2015 - 30-Oct-2015 Pierre S
United Arab Emirates
Very beautiful and peaceful place - love the open air planning and pool09-Oct-2015 - 13-Oct-2015 Georgeson L
Highly recommended. We are 8 adults and 3 kids and we rented 2 villas. It was excellent!16-Sep-2015 - 21-Sep-2015 Hamad A
Beautiful accommodation, high standards of cleanliness and comfort. Excellent privacy from other villas. Great service from all the staff, friendly & timely always.04-Sep-2015 - 10-Sep-2015 Michelle G
What an incredible stay at The Layar! I cannot thank the team more for their service and attention. It was better than I ever expected.Worth every cent!18-Jul-2015 - 29-Jul-2015 Aree M
Another great stay - always is... We will go back.04-Jul-2015 - 19-Jul-2015 Colin C
Beautifully modern, clean and interesting. Wonderful combination of western modern and authentic Bali Style.08-Jun-2015 - 10-Jun-2015 Buffy Philips
Our family loved staying at The Layar. We would happily recommend it to others.30-May-2015 - 07-Jun-2015 Kellie E
beautiful villa. if you want full sun on your pool villa 11 is perfect.24-May-2015 - 03-Jun-2015 Sharryn H
Fantastic stay - gorgeous villa , staff were amazing and attentive having travelled the world one of the most enjoyable vacations I've ever had Thank you for having us! Nicole17-May-2015 - 28-May-2015 Nicole Clark
Outstanding in every way!27-Apr-2015 - 03-May-2015 Mark W
Amazing rooms , living rooms and bathrooms, exceptional service, great breakfast, just exactly what you need for holiday.24-Apr-2015 - 26-Apr-2015 Frank H
The two bedrooms villa is gorgeous, great space. Pool very nice even if too deep all around.06-Apr-2015 - 12-Apr-2015 Indonesia
Although an outstanding complex, it was the staff that made our holiday so special. Thank you Dion, Ayu, Agi and every other staff member from reception to room service. Magnificent.09-Mar-2015 - 20-Mar-2015 Richard V
Good service, good location, charming villas, a bit over priced though.09-Mar-2015 - 12-Mar-2015 Jad R
Excellent in every respect. The villa was spacious, comfortable and very stylish . attention to detail from selection of stocked mini bar to tuberoses was perfect. Room service, was quick, efficient and very good, both quality and value ( like the menu with the wine pairing)17-Feb-2015 - 20-Feb-2015 Felicity H
Spot on.10-Jan-2015 - 18-Jan-2015 Chantelle R
Hi there we love the look and feel of the villas and the staff are very friendly and helpful.28-Oct-2014 - 07-Nov-2014 McLucas S
The villa was magical, as were the gardens. I couldn't imagine a better place to stay in Bali.27-Sep-2014 - 04-Oct-2014 Tara Ravens .
The staff are amazing! The villa was beautiful. We had an amazing experience and will be back with friends22-Sep-2014 - 29-Sep-2014 Lauren Lloyd
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay..... Really didn't want to leave. Was the most relaxed holiday I have had, will definitely be back again.10-Sep-2014 - 20-Sep-2014 Gary .
Beautiful villas! We could just spend our days and nights there without having to step out from the villa.05-Sep-2014 - 10-Sep-2014 Kareen L
Absolutely Fabulous. Amazing open,spacious modern feel.17-Aug-2014 - 31-Aug-2014 Chrissie O
Villa perfect, services, staff & the Butler very professional !!! I strongly recommend Layar Villa and I really think to come back. My only problem is now that Bali is too far from Paris complicate to come for a weekend.03-Aug-2014 - 17-Aug-2014 Stephane P
Good villa to relax.28-Jul-2014 - 29-Jul-2014 Kelvin Low
Had not been to Bali for 12 years. What a perfect place to stay with family for our return visit. The staff are very helpful, service exceptional. Would highly recommend a stay here.01-Jul-2014 - 08-Jul-2014 Jayson Stone
The villa was absolutely beautiful. Amazing design and total privacy. The pool and outside living are were stunning. The staff were incredibly friendly, efficient and went out of their way to make our stay very relaxing. The villa complex is in a great location close to the centre of Seminyak only a short walk to many wonderful restaurants and shopping.10-Jun-2014 - 15-Jun-2014 Mathew S
Very efficient service given from start to finish . Very comfortable beds , stunning pool and a great place to relax away from the hustle and bustle .04-Apr-2014 - 07-Apr-2014 Susan M
Superb Location in Seminyak, fantastic contemporary open plan architecture, walk to the action in town. I would repeat and the place is so nice I looked at units that might be available for purchase.05-Jan-2014 - 11-Jan-2014 Scott Rudmann
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service