The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
The view is almost too much to bear. Almost, but yet not. The sky a deep solid, tangible blue overhead, with not a cloud, fading to a slight mistiness near the horizon, which is punctured by razor-edged islands that rise black against the light. The Sea picks up the colours, twists them into turquoise, indigo and cobalt, then flings them back up towards the Sun, which presides over all in its sultry magnificence.
The Sea. That’s the meaning, in the ancient Sanskrit language, of Akuvara, this delightful jewel of a villa next to Haad Lipa Noi, Samui’s prettiest yet quietest beach – a stretch of near-white sand edged with straight-soaring coconut palms and gently whispering casuarina trees.
Akuvara is not as grand as some other villas in the area, not as show-off. Its scale is more compact, more friendly, you might say; more approachable, more livable. For a family or a small group of friends this Samui villa, with its 13 x 5-metre infinity-view pool, is the perfect tropical beachside getaway.
Its architecture is simple, modern and uncluttered, with whole walls consisting entirely of glass to take full advantage of that glorious sea view.
Modern it may be, but the lovingly kept garden and the sand-coloured pathways that lead through it blend the whole calmly into the landscape. Friendly statues dot the lawns that separate the four bedroom pavilions, and ten-times-lifesize, whimsically colourful tokay gecko bas-reliefs climb the walls to surprise and delight the unwary.
Akuvara is not all about lazing in the sun, of course. There’s a kayak for the more adventurous to explore the Sea, and games of pool, beach football or beach volleyball are all easy to organise. And that’s not forgetting the many delights of Samui Island that lie within easy reach by car. Nowhere is far.
As the sun leaves its throne and slides down the canopy of the sky, the colours change to the brilliant oranges, pinks, reds and greens of a spectacular tropical sunset. It’s probably time for sundowners overlooking the sea.
Absolute beachfront with heart-soaring sea and island views
Ideal for family holidays, all ages, or small groups of friends
Mouthwatering Thai, Asian and Western cuisine
Serenely quiet area for lazy relaxation
"Thank you very much for your email. We had a wonderful time at Akuvara with May and her team. They were fantastic and we hated to leave! Also it would have been lovely if the chef had been a bit more forthcoming with what she could cook. Her food was absolutely delicious, towards the end of our stay she was bringing out food we hadn’t asked for and it was amazing!"
Rates and Real time availability
- Stays of 2 nights or more enjoy 30% off from now until 17 December 2020.
- Stays of 3 nights or more enjoy 30% plus early check-in or late check-out, complimentary welcome amenities and a Thai family-style dinner.
- Stays of 5 nights or more enjoy 35% off, the inclusions above, plus a day trip to Pig Island and a complimentary one-way airport transfer.
- Stays of 7 nights or more enjoy all of the inclusions above, plus in-villa babysitting service, children's gift pack and complimentary roundtrip airport transfers.
- Additional discounts available for stays of 10 nights or longer. Contact email@example.com for longer stay prices.
At Elite Havens, we understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund. Terms and conditions apply. Book with confidence and stay safe, book an elite haven.
Terms and conditions:
- Valid for new bookings received from 27 August 2020 until 15 December 2020
- Valid for stays from 27 August 2020 until 17 December 2020
- Minimum stays of 2 nights
- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers
- Early check-in/late check-out is subject to availability
- Complimentary welcome amenities include a fruit and snacks basket, and an evening cocktail per guest
- One-time Thai family-style dinner per stay for all guests staying at the villa, excluding beverages
- One-time complimentary day trip to Pig Island for all guests staying at the villa
- One-time complimentary in-villa babysitting service for 8 hours
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 30-Oct-2020.
- Poolside lounge and TV room, dining room, upstairs glass-fronted relaxation room, all with wide sea views
- Children’s entertainment room with all the right electronics
- Minimalist modern glass, steel and concrete architecture, yet in colours that complement the tropical surroundings
- Huge areas of glass bring the fabulous sea view right inside
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans throughout
- Lipa Noi Beach one step beyond the garden
- Spacious wood-floored sala with two large comfortable day beds looking out over the water
- Deck in front of the lounge with 4 sun loungers, alfresco dining and barbecue area
- Large pool looking out across the sea to the horizon
- Intimate winding garden dotted with whimsical statues
- King-size bed with sea views, just steps from the sala, pool and beach
- Veranda with large sofa and armchair
- Large wardrobe with safe
- TV and DVD player; iPod/iPhone dock
- Ensuite bathroom with rain shower and twin vanities
- Large outdoor bathtub
- Fan and air conditioning
- King-size bed with sea views from spacious balcony with armchairs and table
- iPod/iPhone docking system; TV; CD/DVD player
- Large wardrobe with safe
- Kitchenette with breakfast bar, fridge, microwave and twin electric hotplates
- Ensuite bathroom with rain shower, stand-alone bathtub under glass roof, and twin vanities
- Fan and air conditioning
- King-size bed with garden views
- Large wardrobe with safe
- Ensuite bathroom with shower
- Fan and air conditioning
- Twin beds with garden views
- Large wardrobe with safe
- Ensuite bathroom with shower
- Fan and air conditioning
This Samui villa is a gem sitting on the southern stretch of Koh Samui’s most beautiful yet quietest beach, Lipa Noi. Akuvara looks west across the Gulf of Siam to the Five Islands and the mainland beyond. It is six minutes from the nearest town, Nathon (good for some easy basic shopping) and 50 minutes from Chaweng, the island’s main nexus for shopping, dining and nightlife. The airport is 50 minutes’ drive, while the car ferry jetty is 6 minutes away.
Things to do
Koh Samui is not a big island – it’s just under 230 square kilometres, and much of that is still pristine forest-covered hillside – but it offers a wealth of fun and interesting things to do. Let your villa manager know what sort of activities you’re interested in and he or she will help guide your choices and can also arrange transport to take you there.
In the meantime, to whet your appetite, here are some suggestions.
- Dusit Deva Cultural Centre is a slightly eccentric garden filled with creatures from Buddhist and Hindu myths. Kids will love it.
- Koh Samui has two golf courses; Santiburi (18 holes and really distracting ocean views), and Bophut Hills (nine holes).
- Treat the family to Sunday Brunch by the pool at the internationally famed Nikki Beach Club, just a few minutes away along the beach.
- Visit nearby Nathon Walking Street Night Market on Thursdays or the bigger Fisherman’s Village Night Market in Bophut on Fridays.
- Go island hopping! The Ang Thong National Marine Park encompasses a cluster of islands – the ones you can see from Akuvara . The heavily jungled islands are carefully controlled to keep them in pristine natural condition. A trip to them is a must.
- There’s a kite surfing school on the beach at Nathon where you can rent a rig or learn how to do it.
- Regular Thai boxing tournaments are staged at the largest stadium on the island, the Petch Buncha near Chaweng. These are not tourist demo fights; they are the real thing.
- Samui has a number of spectacular waterfalls. We would recommend starting with the Namuang Falls. Take your bathing costume; there’s a very inviting pool at the base of the falls.
- Have an adventure atop Khao Pom mountain on ATVs or the zipline, or just gaze out at the scenery below from the viewpoint.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (27)
Lisa W, United Kingdom, 03-Jul-2020 - 12-Jul-2020Thank you very much for your email. We had a wonderful time at Akuvara with May and her team. They were fantastic and we hated to leave! Also it would have been lovely if the chef had been a bit more forthcoming with what she could cook. Her food was absolutely delicious, towards the end of our stay she was bringing out food we hadn’t asked for and it was amazing!
Ruth K, Hong Kong, 26-Dec-2019 - 01-Jan-2020Thank you May, Chef Bee, Pat and Nat, for the most wonderful holiday! Everything was perfect. You were all the best hosts. We were seven adults and a seven-months old baby, from three different cities, and it was an amazing time to get together and see in the new year (and new decade)! You all went out of your way to make sure that every details was taken care of: vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free food, etc. all superbly handled by the incredible Chef Bee. And thank you for everything the lovely beach Barbecue for New Year's Eve!. We all loved everything about the service and the Villa. Most of all, we are especially appreciated of your warm hospitality , your attention to detail, and your enthusiastic welcome. Wishing you all a very happy and joyful 2020! (Bee, all the best with your new baby!)
Fiona C, Singapore, 19-Dec-2019 - 26-Dec-2019I have enjoyed everything and I enjoyed to make a sand castles on the beach..We have a great family dinner on Christmas Eve on the beach.
Benjamin H, Germany, 24-Nov-2019 - 01-Dec-2019Thank you Akuvara Team for the great hospitality experience! We had a wonderful week here on Samui. Thank for all the service and the good food everyday. See you again next time! Thank you too your friendly service.
Shellie P, United Kingdom, 16-Aug-2019 - 23-Aug-2019Thank you for a wonderful week. The team here is amazing and looked after our every need. A big thank you go to bee (chef Pueng) outstanding cooking. We have never eaten such a delicious Thai food. We have to visit again and too see the wonderful views again.
Cheung P, Belgium, 05-Aug-2019 - 10-Aug-2019Dear Miss May, Miss Nim, Mister Nut and Chef Tom, Thanks a lot for taking good care of us so we could have a fantastic holiday at Koh Samui. We loved your company and your food. Aroi makk! Thanks for teaching me some words in Thai! You were all very helpful with choosing meal, amazing scooters and taxi, recommending place to see and to have lunch. You made sure we have a very nice stay at Akuvara Elite Havens. Thanks a lot! May we meet again!
Jennifer I, Australia, 13-Jul-2019 - 20-Jul-2019I wanted to pass on our thanks for enabling us to have the most wonderful holiday. Our accommodation was perfect, there was not one thing we could fault. The cleanliness inside and out was faultless. Our food absolutely delicious and the staff catered to our every need. Both May and Tee were most professional and a pleasure to deal with and advised us on lots of activities and venues to visit. Tee and the staff managed to organize breakfast and showers for us on our last day when the power went out so we were not inconvenienced at all. A credit to them.
Mr. Salikov S, Philippines, 06-Jun-2019 - 20-Jun-2019This is the best thing that could happen to us during these 2 weeks. I like it! The villa is just super! Liked the service, very attentive to each of us, good food, special thanks to the cook. Any request was fulfilled immediately. Thank you very much May and to all who have been with us all this time. Hope to come back again! Thank you.
Bernd S, South Africa, 01-Jun-2019 - 04-Jun-2019Dear May and Team, Thank you very much for all your attention, smiles, extra wishes. This birthday will be unforgettable for all of us.
Cole A, Canada, 30-Apr-2019 - 08-May-2019May and Staff, Thank you so much for taking such a good care of us. Take care, Tidd, Cathy, Cole and Nicole
Kate N, Singapore, 16-Dec-2018 - 22-Dec-2018Thank you for such a wonderful stay at Villa Akuvara. The food and service has been outstanding and the villa has been a perfect true beach front location with a fantastic pool. It's not often that the children don't want to go back to their toys.
Lauren C, Philippines, 07-Dec-2018 - 13-Dec-2018Thank you so much for this amazing week. We have had an amazing time celebrating two birthdays here at Akuvara. The staff have been so wonderful and we couldn't have dreamed of a more beautiful place to stay. We hope to come back.
Hellen L, Singapore, 17-Nov-2018 - 23-Nov-2018Thank you for providing the excellent service during our stay. We truly enjoyed our family vacation very much.
Pranav B, Thailand, 29-Oct-2018 - 01-Nov-2018Our stay at Villa Akuvara has been perfect in all aspects. The location with the picturesque view is amazing. The pool overlooking the ocean with the sound of the brids, waves crashing is the perfect combination of a serene tranquil and relaxing break. Add to this the luxurious villa, yummy food and the staff who look after your each little need is the carry on the cake. The warm and friendly Joy made sure we are looked after very well. Our Kids enjoyed their time here and are already looking forward to a second stay here in the future.
Paloma E, China, 25-Sep-2018 - 04-Oct-2018Thank you for making our stay love wonderful, we loved every minute of it and surely will be back.
Joanne H, Hong Kong, 08-Sep-2018 - 15-Sep-2018What an amazing week in paradise. We had such an awesome, relaxing and fun time at Akuvara. Villa Manager was absolutely a pleasure to deal with - She went above and beyond for our trip here - making sure all stomachs were always full and the kids had endless fun. Would definitely recommend and would come here again for another family vacation. Thank for everything to all wonderful staff.
Sebastien L, France, 12-Aug-2018 - 18-Aug-2018What to say after a week in paradise. Great location on an isolated beach watching the waves and the Raja ferry in their daily dance. Nothing to worry nothing to plan - except the menu with our star chef Pueng. We hope to come back as soon as possible!
Anja N, Germany, 17-Jul-2018 - 31-Jul-2018We had an amazing holiday at Akuvara. Everything was even much better that expected. The villa, the food and especially the great hospitality. We would love to come back at any time. Unfortunately we have to leave this wonderful place. Thank you for unforgettable memories.
Tobias L, Japan, 01-May-2018 - 06-May-2018We had an amazing, relaxing, wonderful and luxurious time here at Akuvara Villa. Thank you so, so much for everything - you made this vacation unforgettable for us and we really appreciate all your effort, support and help. We will recommend this place definitely to our friends and family. We will miss the delicious food that you prepared in a perfect way and to all our needs and preferences, so much. The massage that you arranged for me here in the villa was also amazing. Thank you so much, we will miss you all.
Barry K, United Kingdom, 17-Apr-2018 - 22-Apr-2018We would like to thank everyone here at Akuvara villa for such a great holiday. The food has been amazing (Thanks to Chef Max, who is a great chef). The service has been very good and not intrusive at all. We had a family meet up here and it all went perfectly. Would definitely recommend to other people.
Laura D, Philippines, 02-Apr-2018 - 07-Apr-2018We had a wonderful stay in Koh Samui! Our first trip to Thailand. From the amazing food - thank you Max and our service - thanks to Joy, our families shared unforgettable memories together. Thank you for an incredible stay at Akuvara. We enjoyed every minute and are so sad to say goodbye to the amazing staff - Joy, Max, Dang, Ning, see you again!
Danni T, China, 22-Mar-2018 - 27-Mar-2018Staff here work enthusiastically, meals served were very close to our taste - so we felt as comfortable as if at home and were very happy. Rooms face ocean so we enjoyed a great view. Very suitable for families with kids, as we could play on the beach, look for shells - always entertained. Peaceful surrounding. We will stay here again if we come back to Koh Samui.
Graham M, Philippines, 23-Feb-2018 - 02-Mar-2018Thank you for the amazing time in Akuvara. The hospitality was absolutely wonderful. This is truly one of the most beautiful places in the world. This was the best vacation we have ever had and we really want to return someday. The tree swing made the gorgeous beach even more special. We cannot get over how delicious all the food was. I think the best chef in the world resides here. We will miss the food! Thank you for an unforgettable time.
Li F, China, 11-Feb-2018 - 17-Feb-2018Service standard was excellent, food taste was quite suitable for Chinese. Location is just great, facing a smooth leveled beach, people can swim, canoe and fish here. If we have another chance visiting Koh Samui in the future, we will come back here.
Mary H, Australia, 11-Jan-2018 - 23-Jan-2018Our time at Akuvara was everything we hoped for and more. Tranquil, relaxing in a wonderful location on a peaceful beach. It was the ideal place to just stop and unwind. We read books, swam everyday in the pool and ocean, played tennis, paddled on the kayak and we were so well looked after by the staff. The food each day was a highlight with delicious Thai cuisine. Thanks to chef Max, Joy and her team, all are wonderful.
Julia Yau, Hong Kong, 30-Jun-2014 - 03-Jul-2014The costs of the villa definitely worth for what we paid. Loved the decor, the staff, the environment, the atmosphere and especially with the food. Dining outside by the pool with sunset just makes it even more peferct. Specially want to make a special thanks for our main housekeeper, Chart. Very helpful man, and he makes everything happens for us. Our vacation with Akuvara are simply relaxing with no worrieness.
Jhumur Baruah, India, 31-May-2012 - 08-Jun-2012We just returned after spending 8 fabulous days at Koh Samui at Villa Akuvara and would like to thank you for meeting our expectations about the quality of the property and the service levels of the staff at the Villa . We loved every minute of our stay there and would like to point out that the SERVICE was of VERY HIGH STANDARDS and we Indians can be very fussy about services . They were at our beck and call and with a smile 24/7 and no matter what we asked for , it was done within no time . The Chef did keep whipping up meal after meal for us and we were very sad to leave and hope to be back with a bigger group soon as we were not able to do a few things due to the weather playing spoilsport . We really have nothing negative to say about our entire experience right from booking. However, if we wanna criticize, then the only thing we came up with is that there are no telephones in the rooms (even for room-room communication). We realized this only the times when it rained really heavily and was difficult for us to step out since the rooms were not connected. But this wasn't really that big of a deal. looking fwd to renting villas through you for all our vacations in the future . !!
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions