The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Close to the banks of the Mandovi River, Belas Casas is an elegant two-storey villa in the north Goan village of Reis Magos in Bardez. Great for hosting large groups, you are welcomed by a grand entrance when you enter the villa. This beautifully built villa is nestled atop a hill, affording panoramic views from its wood-decked balconies. This is where you will find yourself spending most of your time, the perfect place to sip wine, gazing at immersive views of the river as it merges into the sea. When a siesta beckons you indoors, retreat for a relaxing afternoon to one of the five ensuite bedrooms, each elegant and ornate in its own right.
Enjoy your scrumptious, complimentary, locally sourced breakfast on the patio or by the private pool. Set aside some time for splashing in the inviting swimming pool. Make the most of your time with family and friends over a game of cards and endless chatter in one of the two cosy living rooms. Feel your feet sink into the grass of the villa's garden and watch the sun setting over Goa’s magnificent horizon. Belas Casas gives you all the right reasons to be outdoors and a barbecue party is the perfect way to spend time with your loved ones.
With a stairway and a lift, the home welcomes guests of all ages. This is a special boon for multigenerational families or guests with mobility limitations. The villa staff’s impeccable service will ensure a restful holiday. The concierge can help organise a hike to the popular Reis Magos Fort or a visit to the enchanting Reis Magos church. Plan a trip to the capital city of Panjim or simply sink into the comforts of Belas Casas.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
North Goa is loved for its beaches, village settlements, award-winning restaurants and live music spots by both local and international travellers. It is located 40 kilometres from Dabolim Airport. There’s so much to discover that travellers feel compelled to keep coming back, year after year. A string of laid-back beaches marks this part of the state. While Anjuna Beach is famous for its vibrant nightlife, Assagao is a quaint village with plenty of entertainment options hiding within its leafy lanes dotted with ancient, Portuguese mansions. Vagator is known for sublime, cliffside sundowner spots where you can spend hours staring at the flaming sky, cocktail in hand. Meanwhile, Ashwem and Morjim are popular with families and international tourists for its flat terrain and gentle waves. Finally, Siolim is a quiet village with historic churches, homes with traditional architecture and a lush landscape.More information for Things to do
Your Guest Relations Manager and his team have a wealth of information about Goa and can recommend everything, from local food spots to curated walks. They’re a great resource for live music gigs and the music festivals that Goa is so well known for. A car and driver can be hired for the day (on extra charge) or shorter periods, as required. Here are some choice activities based in North Goa:
- Panaji’s award-winning restaurant, Mum’s Kitchen, has now opened doors in Maravilha Resort in Assagao. Owners Suzette and Rony have painstakingly collected grandmothers’ recipes passed down through the generations in traditional Goan kitchens and hired local women to cook them. Bestseller dishes include Cauliflower Caldeen, Chorizo Chilli Fry and Pamphlet (pomfret) Kodi with Poi (traditional Goan bread).
- Ping’s Bia Hoi is a Vietnamese beer garden which stocks fresh, local beers like Eight Finger Eddie and Goa’s famous craft gins, Stranger & Sons, Greater Than and Hapusa. A menu of Asian street food like dim sum and baos, salads and mains accompany the drinks. Drop in for Sunday brunch when the atmosphere is buzzing and there’s a live band playing peppy tunes.
- Goans love their music and there are plenty of spots to catch live gigs in North Goa. Cantares in Saligao and The Rice Mill in Morjim are where you’ll find locals listening to jazz, Toro Toro and The Lazy Goose have great bands playing old-school covers, and restaurant Mahe has funky fusion vocalists.
- Vayu Waterman’s Village is an entire complex of watersports and wellness activities located beyond Ashwem Beach. They offer surfing, wakeboarding, kitesurfing, SUP and private boat excursions. After a strenuous lesson, you can head to their Prana Cafe to sip healthy smoothies, eat local seafood and finish up with some vegan chocolate mousse.
- Culture vultures looking to embrace village life should book a curated tour with The Local Beat. This responsible travel company lets you experience Goa through the eyes of a ‘gaunkar’ (villager). You’ll discover picnic spots, tiny little towns with heritage structures, and an abundance of natural beauty ranging from zorrs (natural springs) to lakes, mangroves and islands.
- Goa’s hills and forests are an undiscovered treasure that you can explore with Khoj-Aao! Adventures, who specialise in backyard biodiversity. The company organises interactive wildlife walks and talks, waterfall hikes in Bhagwan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary and more. Sign up for their backyard nature trail in Assagao, which takes you up a hillock and through a shrub forest and you come back enlightened about indigenous flora, birds, butterflies and more.
- Swan Yoga Retreat is located on a hilltop in Assagao and managed by sanyasis (hermits/monks) who’ve trained at the Bihar School of Yoga. It offers daily drop-in classes for Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow Yoga and also has a vegetarian restaurant, boutique and library. There’s a spa spread across open clay cottages with ayurvedic therapies, a flotation tank and a herbal steam treatment room.
- The quiet lanes of Siolim are full of surprise gems like Siolim Cooking Classes, located in a traditional Goan-Portuguese house. French founder Lucie Masson starts the session with a trip to the fish market, where you learn to pick the freshest catch and then head to the school premises to make authentic Goan preparations like Prawns Caldine, Chicken Cafreal, Pork Vindaloo and Goan Pulao. The hearty, communal meal that follows is a feast for the senses.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- A welcoming and expansive foyer greets you as soon as you enter the villa
- Two stunning living rooms offer a distinct space for entertainment and leisure
- Neutral shades across the furnishings and the interiors set the tone for an elegant ambiance
- Dedicated study areas allow you to work remotely or clear up your inbox while the family enjoys
- Functional lift for convenient and easy access to different floors of the villa
- Dining room features white leather chairs and gleaming centerpiece candles for a sophisticated dining experience
- A wooden deck offers a versatile outdoor space, ideal for wine nights and admiring sparkling views of the Mandovi River
- Start your day by savoring a delicious breakfast spread on the covered patio by the pool
- Capture the immersive views of Mandovi River and picturesque sunsets from the extensive and shaded deck areas
- Make the most of your time with family and friends in the lawned garden while enjoying endless views of the magnificent horizon
- Bask in the calming and relaxing vibe as you lounge by the pool
- Five ensuite bedrooms to accommodate 10 adults
- Tropical prints on walls and modern decor accents that complement the overall design of the bedrooms, giving a tropical feel
- Cosy cushions and throw pillows on the bedside sofas setting a relaxed and inviting mood
- Large windows and glass doors leading to the balconies allowing abundant natural light to illuminate the room
- Stunning and captivating views of the Mandovi River and endless sea views as you wake up in the morning
- Contemporary ensuite bathrooms designed to balance elegance, comfort and functionality
- Modern and stylish platform beds with accent pillows, cushioned headboards and minimalist design
The diversity of cuisine in India is unparalleled and no visit to one of our India villas is complete without sampling the delicious fare on offer. It is well-known that the best food in any country is homemade and cooked in the kitchens of the locals. At Elite Havens, we bring the experience of home dining to you, albeit in style. Relish local and international fare cooked to your taste by a private cook who will craft meals to delight you, day after day.
From breakfast until dinner, appetizers to desserts, dining promises to be a memorable affair at an elite haven. It is a common misconception that Indian food is spicy. Discover the myriad flavours of the various regions of this ancient country, cuisines that go far beyond Chicken Tikka Masala, and try age-old recipes passed from generation to generation. When you seek a bit of comfort, our cooks will be happy to revert back to international dishes of your preference. Come, indulge your senses in a way that only India can promise.View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service