Estate de Alta Palmeira
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Welcome to lakehouse living in tropical Goa. Estate Alta De Palmeira roughly translates to ‘tall palm trees estate’, an apt name for this charming holiday home in Goa’s most exclusive district. Nestled amid swaying palms and overlooking the Chapora River, this bright yellow villa is the quintessential spot for a fun-filled holiday.
Find your space in this expansive villa with plenty of room to spread out. The main building, built over two levels, houses a bright and cheerful living room with a double-height ceiling. The open format of the room flows into the dining area, where you can relish delicious local delicacies gathered around the stately dining table that seats ten. Doors open onto the pool deck on one side and a columned verandah.
If you want some privacy, you will love the two-storied Outhouse, which comprises a spa and one bedroom. The connecting passage contains a powder room and kitchen. The rest of your group can be comfortably accommodated in the main building’s four bedrooms. There’s also a charismatic den to gather in or retreat to for a moment of seclusion.
Bask in the afternoon sun on the lawn or swim under the palm shadows in the open-air pool, pausing only for a mojito from the poolside bar. Spend balmy evenings reading in the armchairs overlooking the river. The design of the villa is a modern take on traditional Goan estates, while the patios are the perfect place to listen to birdsong and rustling leaves. Estate Alta De Palmeira’s thoughtful details, patterned floors and arched walkways are an invitation to slow days and long conversations over wine or a cocktail.
Experience the vibrant culture and people of Goa when you stay with us. Our villas in North and South Goa are perfectly placed to explore the neighbourhoods of Assagaon, Mandrem, Saipe, Siolim, Reis Magos, Moira, Nagoa, Bastora, Chapora, Anjuna, Dona Paula and beyond. Make the most of Goa’s unique street shops, restaurants and creative local talent while you enjoy the warm hospitality of our villa teams. And you’re always close to a beach, for an unlimited fill of the sun, sand and waves.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
North Goa is loved for its beaches, village settlements, award-winning restaurants and live music spots by both local and international travellers. It is located 40 kilometres from Dabolim Airport. There’s so much to discover that travellers feel compelled to keep coming back, year after year. A string of laid-back beaches marks this part of the state. While Anjuna Beach is famous for its vibrant nightlife, Assagao is a quaint village with plenty of entertainment options hiding within its leafy lanes dotted with ancient, Portuguese mansions. Vagator is known for sublime, cliffside sundowner spots where you can spend hours staring at the flaming sky, cocktail in hand. Meanwhile, Ashwem and Morjim are popular with families and international tourists for its flat terrain and gentle waves. Finally, Siolim is a quiet village with historic churches, homes with traditional architecture and a lush landscape.More information for Things to do
Your Guest Relations Manager and his team have a wealth of information about Goa and can recommend everything, from local food spots to curated walks. They’re a great resource for live music gigs and the music festivals that Goa is so well known for. A car and driver can be hired for the day (on extra charge) or shorter periods, as required. Here are some choice activities based in North Goa:
- Panaji’s award-winning restaurant, Mum’s Kitchen, has now opened doors in Maravilha Resort in Assagao. Owners Suzette and Rony have painstakingly collected grandmothers’ recipes passed down through the generations in traditional Goan kitchens and hired local women to cook them. Bestseller dishes include Cauliflower Caldeen, Chorizo Chilli Fry and Pamphlet (pomfret) Kodi with Poi (traditional Goan bread).
- Ping’s Bia Hoi is a Vietnamese beer garden which stocks fresh, local beers like Eight Finger Eddie and Goa’s famous craft gins, Stranger & Sons, Greater Than and Hapusa. A menu of Asian street food like dim sum and baos, salads and mains accompany the drinks. Drop in for Sunday brunch when the atmosphere is buzzing and there’s a live band playing peppy tunes.
- Goans love their music and there are plenty of spots to catch live gigs in North Goa. Cantares in Saligao and The Rice Mill in Morjim are where you’ll find locals listening to jazz, Toro Toro and The Lazy Goose have great bands playing old-school covers, and restaurant Mahe has funky fusion vocalists.
- Vayu Waterman’s Village is an entire complex of watersports and wellness activities located beyond Ashwem Beach. They offer surfing, wakeboarding, kitesurfing, SUP and private boat excursions. After a strenuous lesson, you can head to their Prana Cafe to sip healthy smoothies, eat local seafood and finish up with some vegan chocolate mousse.
- Culture vultures looking to embrace village life should book a curated tour with The Local Beat. This responsible travel company lets you experience Goa through the eyes of a ‘gaunkar’ (villager). You’ll discover picnic spots, tiny little towns with heritage structures, and an abundance of natural beauty ranging from zorrs (natural springs) to lakes, mangroves and islands.
- Goa’s hills and forests are an undiscovered treasure that you can explore with Khoj-Aao! Adventures, who specialise in backyard biodiversity. The company organises interactive wildlife walks and talks, waterfall hikes in Bhagwan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary and more. Sign up for their backyard nature trail in Assagao, which takes you up a hillock and through a shrub forest and you come back enlightened about indigenous flora, birds, butterflies and more.
- Swan Yoga Retreat is located on a hilltop in Assagao and managed by sanyasis (hermits/monks) who’ve trained at the Bihar School of Yoga. It offers daily drop-in classes for Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow Yoga and also has a vegetarian restaurant, boutique and library. There’s a spa spread across open clay cottages with ayurvedic therapies, a flotation tank and a herbal steam treatment room.
- The quiet lanes of Siolim are full of surprise gems like Siolim Cooking Classes, located in a traditional Goan-Portuguese house. French founder Lucie Masson starts the session with a trip to the fish market, where you learn to pick the freshest catch and then head to the school premises to make authentic Goan preparations like Prawns Caldine, Chicken Cafreal, Pork Vindaloo and Goan Pulao. The hearty, communal meal that follows is a feast for the senses.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Roomy living area with a double height atrium and calming white patterned interiors
- Beautiful wooden doors all around that open onto the garden or the pool deck
- Decorative furniture in the living rooms, and a grand ten-seater dining table
- A den for moments of solitude
- Two buildings, one main building with four bedrooms and an outhouse with the fifth bedroom for privacy
- Expansive lawns that give way to the inviting swimming pool
- Outdoor dining space with a large round table for feasts and gatherings
- Terrace seating area for afternoon tea or coffee while enjoying the scenic landscape
- Bedroom balconies overlooking panoramic views of the Chapora River
- Open-air pool stretching all along the villa’s length
- Cocktail hour at the outdoor bar area by the pool
- Four king-sized bedrooms and one with a queen bed
- Contemporary interiors with creamy white accent walls and platform beds crafted from natural wood
- Decorative elements that seamlessly blend contemporary design with heritage aesthetics
- Ensuite bathrooms with large mirrors, vanity lights and five-star amenities
- Sofas and seating in the bedrooms for recreation
The diversity of cuisine in India is unparalleled and no visit to one of our India villas is complete without sampling the delicious fare on offer. It is well-known that the best food in any country is homemade and cooked in the kitchens of the locals. At Elite Havens, we bring the experience of home dining to you, albeit in style. Relish local and international fare cooked to your taste by a private cook who will craft meals to delight you, day after day.
From breakfast until dinner, appetizers to desserts, dining promises to be a memorable affair at an elite haven. It is a common misconception that Indian food is spicy. Discover the myriad flavours of the various regions of this ancient country, cuisines that go far beyond Chicken Tikka Masala, and try age-old recipes passed from generation to generation. When you seek a bit of comfort, our cooks will be happy to revert back to international dishes of your preference. Come, indulge your senses in a way that only India can promise.View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service