Pandawa Cliff Estate - Villa Rose4 Bedroom Villa, The Bukit, Bali, Indonesia
from USD 1,225 ++ per night
Villa Rose is one of four exceptional villas that make up the Pandawa Cliff Estate – a hidden paradise located high above the ocean on Bali’s southernmost tip.
As the estate’s name suggests, the villas are positioned on the cliff top overlooking the golden sands of Pandawa Beach. This is spectacular, unadulterated Bali at its best: far from the hoi polloi of Seminyak and Kuta, yet less than half an hour’s drive from the airport and many of Bali’s top attractions, including the dramatically positioned, sacred temple of Uluwatu and the fine dining establishments of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
Together, The Pala, Villa Rose, Villa Markisa and Villa Marie offer a total of 21 bedrooms, capable of sleeping 42 adults. This, coupled with the superbly landscaped cliff top gardens, extensive decked areas, huge team of professional yet personable staff and purpose-designed guest facilities, make The Pandawa Cliff Estate a wedding and special event venue par excellence. The four villas also share a sports centre with full size tennis court, squash court, gym and spa.
Privacy is in no way compromised however, and each villa is sweetly secluded within its own extensive walled gardens. Two-storey Villa Rose has been designed to embrace its sublime cliff top location. The elegant upper-floor lounge is open on all sides to the spectacular ocean views while the glass doors of the grand dining room slide back completely to open the room up to the gardens and infinity-edge pool. Four spacious ensuite bedrooms – two kings and two twins – are set back on either side of the living spaces, all with wide ocean views.
A skilled private chef heads the estate’s staff kitchen, and he and his team prepare and serve a wide range of gastronomic delights from a restaurant-style menu. The villas are neatly maintained, inside and out, by a small army of housekeepers, gardeners and pool attendants, and guarded by a team of diligent security staff, while two seven-seater cars with drivers are on standby for guests who wish to explore this delightful corner of the Island of the Gods.
- Delightful open-sided, upper-floor living area with spectacular ocean views and plentiful seating.
- Glass-walled dining room with unique 14-seater table set on the base of a polished tree trunk, and a separate sitting area.
- TV lounge and bar counter with massive semi-circular couch facing a 50-inch TV with Satellite channels, DVD and Blu-ray player.
- Two large furnished decks in the cliff-top garden – one poolside, the other adjoining the dining room
- Poolside guest washrooms.
- 17-metre cliff-top infinity swimming pool.
- Four almost identical ensuite bedrooms – two king-bedded and two twin-bedded – create an ideal set-up for families.
- All rooms feature sliding glass doors opening onto either balconies or terraces overlooking the pool, gardens and ocean.
- All are air-conditioned, have floors of teak and marble and are distinguished with bright, traditional ikat fabrics.
- Bathrooms feature teak woodwork, marble floors and vanities, freestanding bath tubs, well-lit fitted dressing areas and glass-enclosed showers.
Peacefully and privately situated, at the end of a winding country lane on Bali’s southernmost tip, The Pandawa Cliff Estate is a hidden paradise overlooking the Indian ocean from its enchanting cliff-top setting.
Apart from a handful of other luxury villas sprinkling the cliff top, and the beach huts and local cafes bordering the white sands of Pandawa Beach far below (named after the five warrior brothers of the Mahabharata epic, whose white stone statues are carved into niches along the road leading down to the beach), there is little development in this unspoiled corner of Bali. But despite it’s tranquil, rural setting, The Pandawa Cliff Estate is less than 30 minutes’ drive from Bali’s international airport, and within easy reach of several glorious surf beaches, the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, and the many restaurants and beach bars of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
SHAHIRAH A, SINGAPORE