Villa Canggu South
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
The contemporary-styled 4-bedroom Villa Canggu South, complete with 20-metre swimming pool is located just 100 metres from the beach in the tiny fishing village of Nelayan – literally meaning 'fisherman' – close to Canggu on Bali's south-west coast.
Designed to maximise the natural light and catch the cool breezes even at the hottest time of year, the villa is decorated with an exciting collection of colourful artwork and offers a choice of air-conditioned comfort or tropical semi-open-air living with wide glass doors that can be opened to invite the sea breezes inside. Guests also have the choice of indoor and outdoor dining areas to suite every occasion.
The villa is well suited for groups of friends or families, with plenty of facilities for kids and a professional team of staff that includes a manager, butlers, housekeeping, 24-hour security, a car and driver and a private chef. With its flats lawns, reception areas and sweeping staircase.
Canggu is fast evolving into Bali's hippest beachside scene, with a laid-back vibe, numerous eateries, vibrant live music venues, yoga studios, spas and some chic beachwear boutiques all just five minutes' drive from the villa.
Villa Canggu South adjoins the two-bedroom Villa Canggu North, and the two villlas can be separated by a retractable garden wall. When all six bedrooms are rented together, the garden can be opened up to create a luxurious space with two pools, two living and dining rooms and interconnecting doors.
Numerous terraces and decks
Great for events
Sea breezes and sea views
"Thank you so much for an absolutely fabulous time at Villa Canggu. The Mounter Family really enjoyed everything here - especially the pool, the rain showers, the amazing feasts and organizing day trips to Ubud and Uluwatu for us even if we didn't see the Monkeys.
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 31-Aug-2018.
Features and amenities
- Large, air-conditioned living area with comfortable couches and satellite-channel TV and DVD player
- Dining area with adjacent bar and dining table with seating for eight people
- Chill-out mezzanine reading room at roof level with breezy balcony and sea views
- An astonishing collection of artwork
- 20 x 6-metre swimming pool
- Open-sided dining pavilion poolside with large table and bench seats
- Pool deck with sun loungers and umbrellas.
- Satellite-channel TV and DVD player
- Ensuite bathroom with rain shower and jacuzzi tub for two
- Private terrace
Downstairs Guest Suite
- Air-conditioned bedroom with twin beds that convert to a king
- Satellite-channel TV and DVD player
- Stylish bathroom with walk-in rain shower and a circular bathtub for two
Upstairs Guest Suites
- Air-conditioned bedrooms each with king-sized beds that convert to twins
- Satellite-channel TV and DVD players
- Stylish bathrooms with walk-in rain showers
- Private balconies
Villa Canggu sits 100 metres from the beach in a local village neighbourhood. A few hundred metres in either direction along the beach will bring you to a few popular beach bars and small restaurants, especially around sunset time. Check out Old Man’s restaurant, bar and live music venue a short walk up the beach to the north, as well as the well-known Echo Beach for daily barbecues and Sunday-night live music. If you are interested in learning to surf, High Tide Surf School (for kids and adults) is situated just five minutes’ walk up the beach at Batu Bolong. Nelayan Beach immediately in front of the villa is also popular with surfers.
Things to do
Villa Canggu’s manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Villa Canggu is close to the famous temple at Tanah Lot, although in peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer. Note that the beach here is dark sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel on the coast, a few minutes closer to the villa, is also a good sunset spot.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku Dé Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, Merah Putih, Sardine and Métis.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Have a go at riding the local ponies at Bali Equestrian Center. See the beaches and beautiful landscapes of Bali from a different perspective.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions