It’s rare to find such a well-established villa in such a quiet spot, only 50m from the beach and yet just a few minutes’ drive from downtown Seminyak. Just beyond the entrance to Villa Avalon I is La Laguna – a prize spot for sunset cocktails, and a short stroll along the sand brings you to Mozaic and Potato Head beach clubs and the W Hotel.
Four-bedroomed Villa Avalon I is the largest of three independent properties on this grand estate designed by award-winning Bali architect, Popo Danes. When rented as a whole, the Villa Avalon estate offers seven spacious bedrooms and makes a paradisical wedding venue.
From a traditional gateway, steps lead up to Villa Avalon I’s open-sided living room, which is housed in one of three interconnected pavilions that fan out around the 15-metre swimming pool. This upper level room is an elegant fan- and sea-breeze-cooled space comprising a large seating area and a games corner complete with pool table. Below is a dining room where up to 14 guests can enjoy meals at the three-metre table. A media room offers air-conditioned comfort for movie watching, catching up on emails or simply having a quiet read. Outside, the antique poolside joglo creates a living space in harmony with surrounding nature, and an alfresco dining table under a cool canopy provides an informal area for convivial meals.
To either sides of the living pavilion are the bedroom suites. All four of Villa Avalon I’s air-conditioned bedrooms provide sumptuous sleeping space, and each has a sitting area with TV and DVD player. The two palatial master suites are furnished with four-poster king-size beds resting on polished teakwood floors. The glamour continues into the air-conditioned bathrooms, which feature statement bathtubs as well as rain showers and huge walk-in wardrobes. Both master suites open onto shaded furnished terraces.
A pair of air-conditioned guest suites occupy the second sleeping pavilion, both furnished with queen-sized beds. The ground floor suite opens onto the garden while the upper room features a spacious garden-view terrace. Both ensuite bathrooms are fitted with rain showers and walk-in wardrobes, and there’s a second shower and a bathtub in a small courtyard attached to the ground floor room.
An efficient and friendly ten-strong staff (including a competent chef) work discreetly in the background to provide stellar service from morning until night.
- Open-sided fan-cooled second-level living pavilion with pool table.
- Open-sided fan-cooled dining hall (seating for 14)
- Air-conditioned media room/library with 52-inch satellite TV, DVD player and home theatre system
- Deep bedroom terraces with additional seating
- A 15m swimming pool
- Poolside sun decks with plenty of loungers and umbrellas
- Poolside heritage teakwood joglo from Java
- Teakwood gladak building from Java – used as a playroom or massage room
- Beautifully landscaped gardens
- Two air-conditioned master suites occupy the two-storey master sleeping pavilion
- Attached sitting room with two daybeds (perfect for the kids)
- Deep terraces with breakfast area and daybed
- King-size four-poster beds
- Walk-in wardrobe
- TV, DVD player
- Glamorous air-conditioned bathrooms with twin vanity, statement bathtub, rain shower enclosures, non-slip marble floor and large walk-in wardrobe
- Two air-conditioned guest bedrooms, one with king-size and one with queen-size bed
- Ensuites with twin vanity, rain shower, and non-slip marble floor
- TV, DVD/CD player
The Villa Avalon estate is the very last private residence on a small lane that leads to Canggu’s Kayu Putih beach, with its glistening volcanic sand and awesome waves. Only a temple and a small lagoon – over which a rustic timber walkway leads to kilometres of sandy beach – lie between the villa and the ocean. La Laguna, a charming “boho-batik” restaurant and sunset bar, is a hop and skip away; even W Hotel, Potato Head and the famed bars and restaurants of Seminyak are only a 15-minute walk from the villa. A 15-minute amble inland brings you to Canggu Plaza, with its expat-focused supermarket, gelato stop and choice of eateries. Villa Avalon is in an ideal location, right on Seminyak’s doorstep yet with the peace and quiet of a far more rural setting.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
PAUL M, INDONESIA