Pandawa Cliff Estate - Villa Markisa5 Bedroom Villa, The Bukit, Bali, Indonesia
from USD 370 ++ per night
Villa Markisa is one of four exceptional villas that make up the Pandawa Cliff Estate – a hidden paradise located high above the ocean on Bali’s southernmost tip.
As the estate’s name suggests, the villas are positioned on the cliff top overlooking the golden sands of Pandawa Beach. This is spectacular, unadulterated Bali at its best: far from the hoi polloi of Seminyak and Kuta, yet less than half an hour’s drive from the airport and many of Bali’s top attractions, including the dramatically positioned sacred temple of Uluwatu and the fine dining establishments of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
Together, Villa Markisa, The Pala, Villa Rose and Villa Marie offer a total of 21 bedrooms, capable of sleeping 42 adults. This, coupled with the superbly landscaped cliff top gardens, extensive decked areas, huge team of professional yet personable staff, and purpose-designed guest facilities, makes The Pandawa Cliff Estate a wedding and special event venue par excellence. The four villas also share a sports centre with full size tennis court, squash court, gym and spa.
Privacy is in no way compromised however, and each villa is sweetly secluded within its own extensive walled gardens. The five-bedroom, three-pool Villa Markisa has been designed to give optimum flexibility for multiple families and groups of friends holidaying together. Its accommodation is arranged as a pair of two-storey, two-bedroom, interconnecting ocean-vista apartments and a superb cliff-edge master suite – all three with living and dining areas, guest washrooms and a butler’s kitchen. While the garden living pavilion is the social heart of the villa, every guest appreciates the private living space that its intelligent layout delivers.
A skilled private chef heads the estate’s staff kitchen, and he and his team prepare and serve a wide range of gastronomic delights from a restaurant-style menu. The villas are neatly maintained, inside and out, by a small army of housekeepers, gardeners and pool attendants, and kept safe by a team of diligent security staff, while three seven-seater cars with drivers are on standby for guests who wish to explore this delightful corner of the Island of the Gods.
- Large central open-sided living pavilion with dining table for 8, seating area and 4 guest washrooms
- Two air-conditioned, interconnecting living rooms in the guest pavilion, opening onto a glass-fronted balcony
- Two air-conditioned interconnecting dining rooms opening onto the pool deck, each with open-plan kitchenette and guest washroom
- Air-conditioned living room in the master suite with seating and table for 4, guest washroom and butler’s pantry
- Cliff-edge pavilion with stunning views and table for 8
- Three swimming pools – 9 x 4 m; 9 x 4 m; 6.8 x 4.4m
- Four sun decks – three poolside, with tables for 4 and sun loungers
- Large lawn leading to an ocean-view sun deck
- Magnificent cliff-front master suite with ocean views
- Air-conditioned bedroom opening onto pool deck, with king-size bed and large bathroom with twin basins, bathtub, monsoon shower, and walk-in wardrobe
- Ideal for two families
- Four almost identical air-conditioned ocean-view bedrooms – two on each level
- Two configured as kings, two as twins; all four can be set up as either
- Two open onto a balcony, two onto the pool deck
- All four have ensuite bathrooms with twin basins, bathtub, monsoon shower and walk-in wardrobe
Peacefully and privately situated, at the end of a winding country lane on Bali’s southernmost tip, The Pandawa Cliff Estate is a hidden paradise overlooking the Indian ocean from its enchanting cliff-top setting.
Apart from a handful of other luxury villas sprinkling the cliff top, and the beach huts and local cafes bordering the white sands of Pandawa Beach far below (named after the five warrior brothers of the Mahabharata epic, whose white stone statues are carved into niches along the road leading down to the beach), there is little development in this unspoiled corner of Bali. But despite it’s tranquil, rural setting, The Pandawa Cliff Estate is less than 30 minutes’ drive from Bali’s international airport, and within easy reach of several glorious surf beaches, the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, and the many restaurants and beach bars of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
AINI A, MALAYSIA