Pandawa Cliff Estate - Villa Markisa
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Villa Markisa is one of four exceptional villas that make up the Pandawa Cliff Estate – a hidden paradise located high above the ocean on Bali’s southernmost tip.
As the estate’s name suggests, the villas are positioned on the cliff top overlooking the golden sands of Pandawa Beach. This is spectacular, unadulterated Bali at its best: far from the hoi polloi of Seminyak and Kuta, yet less than half an hour’s drive from the airport and many of Bali’s top attractions, including the dramatically positioned sacred temple of Uluwatu and the fine dining establishments of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
Together, Villa Markisa, The Pala, Villa Rose and Villa Marie offer a total of 21 bedrooms, capable of sleeping 42 adults. This, coupled with the superbly landscaped cliff top gardens, extensive decked areas, huge team of professional yet personable staff, and purpose-designed guest facilities, makes The Pandawa Cliff Estate a wedding and special event venue par excellence. The four villas also share a sports centre with full size tennis court, squash court, gym and spa.
Privacy is in no way compromised however, and each villa is sweetly secluded within its own extensive walled gardens. The five-bedroom, three-pool Villa Markisa has been designed to give optimum flexibility for multiple families and groups of friends holidaying together. Its accommodation is arranged as a pair of two-storey, two-bedroom, interconnecting ocean-vista apartments and a superb cliff-edge master suite – all three with living and dining areas, guest washrooms and a butler’s kitchen. While the garden living pavilion is the social heart of the villa, every guest appreciates the private living space that its intelligent layout delivers.
A skilled private chef heads the estate’s staff kitchen, and he and his team prepare and serve a wide range of gastronomic delights from a restaurant-style menu. The villas are neatly maintained, inside and out, by a small army of housekeepers, gardeners and pool attendants, and kept safe by a team of diligent security staff, while three seven-seater cars with drivers are on standby for guests who wish to explore this delightful corner of the Island of the Gods.
Glamorous hidden master suite
Lots of flexible living space
Great layout for two families
Three pools plus sports centre/spa
"Thank you so much for three days in paradise. The staff were fantastic, the grounds are so well kept. Nothing was too much for the staff to help with. Thank you for making our special day perfect."
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 5% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 08-Jun-2018.
Features and amenities
- Large central open-sided living pavilion with dining table for 8, seating area and 4 guest washrooms
- Two air-conditioned, interconnecting living rooms in the guest pavilion, opening onto a glass-fronted balcony
- Two air-conditioned interconnecting dining rooms opening onto the pool deck, each with open-plan kitchenette and guest washroom
- Air-conditioned living room in the master suite with seating and table for 4, guest washroom and butler’s pantry
- Cliff-edge pavilion with stunning views and table for 8
- Three swimming pools – 9m x 4m; 9m x 4m; 6m x 5m
- Four sun decks – three poolside, with tables for 4 and sun loungers
- Large lawn leading to an ocean-view sun deck
- Magnificent cliff-front master suite with ocean views
- Air-conditioned bedroom opening onto pool deck, with king-size bed and large bathroom with twin basins, bathtub, monsoon shower, and walk-in wardrobe
- Ideal for two families
- Four almost identical air-conditioned ocean-view bedrooms – two on each level
- Two configured as kings, two as twins; all four can be set up as either
- Two open onto a balcony, two onto the pool deck
- All four have ensuite bathrooms with twin basins, bathtub, monsoon shower and walk-in wardrobe
Peacefully and privately situated, at the end of a winding country lane on Bali’s southernmost tip, The Pandawa Cliff Estate is a hidden paradise overlooking the Indian ocean from its enchanting cliff-top setting.
Apart from a handful of other luxury villas sprinkling the cliff top, and the beach huts and local cafes bordering the white sands of Pandawa Beach far below (named after the five warrior brothers of the Mahabharata epic, whose white stone statues are carved into niches along the road leading down to the beach), there is little development in this unspoiled corner of Bali. But despite it’s tranquil, rural setting, The Pandawa Cliff Estate is less than 30 minutes’ drive from Bali’s international airport, and within easy reach of several glorious surf beaches, the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, and the many restaurants and beach bars of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
Things to do
Your villa manager, will have a wealth of information about places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the area too. Most will live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of Pandawa Cliff Estate.
- Until recently, the white sands and warm, protected waters of Pandawa Beach were visited only by locals and seaweed farmers. A paved (toll) road cut through the cliff has recently made this beautiful beach, which lies immediately below the estate, much more accessible.
- Among other local beaches is the famous surf beach at Uluwatu. Not quite as spectacular but equally alluring are the beaches of Bingin and Padang Padang. Beautiful white sand bays with rock pools and a host of local cafes.
- At Jenggala Keramic in Jimbaran, visitors can browse and buy from a vast range of handcrafted ceramics and glassware. Jenggala also runs ‘Make and Paint a Pot’ sessions where ‘Children’ of all ages are encouraged to get creative.
- For golf enthusiasts, the New Kuta Golf Club (11km) features an 18-hole course overlooking the ocean.
- Both five star and local restaurants are plentiful and close by. Bulgari and Ayana resorts are among the favourites and the Rock Bar at Ayana is a must-see for sunset cocktails. Finns at Semara has a beach club for more casual dining.
- A seafood feast at Jimbaran is a must for every holiday in Bali – dozens of seafood warung (cafés) line this west-facing beach, perfect for a sunset dinner.Fine dining options are available at most of the big resort hotels in this area; notably PJ’s, the charming beachside restaurant at the Four Seasons in Jimbaran, serving Mediterranean-styled cuisine. And Balique on Jalan Uluwatu in Jimbaran, is a delightful vintedge restaurant serving great food and cool cocktails.
- Nusa Dua’s Bali Collection mall has a host of local boutiques and a department store. Heading towards Kuta (about 40 minutes) brings you to Galleria shopping mall while nearby Tuban has Discovery Mall and streets lined with local shops. Seminyak boutiques are about an hour away.
- Uluwatu’s cliff-top temple is well worth a visit. Home to mischievous monkeys which are considered sacred in Bali, Pura Luhur Uluwatu is one of the island’s most important temples. Get there in good time for Sunset to watch the enthralling Kecak Ramayana & Fire Dance.
- Learn to surf or stand up paddle at Jimbaran Bay, a great place for beginners. Rip Curl School of Surf offers day courses and provides all the equipment.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart.A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions