Pandawa Cliff Estate - Villa Marie6 Bedroom Villa, The Bukit, Bali, Indonesia
from USD 1,450 ++ per night
Villa Marie is one of four exceptional villas that make up the Pandawa Cliff Estate – a hidden paradise located high above the ocean on Bali’s southernmost tip.
As the estate’s name suggests, the villas are positioned on the cliff top overlooking the golden sands of Pandawa Beach. This is glorious, unadulterated, spectacular Bali at its best: far from the hoi polloi of Seminyak and Kuta, yet less than half an hour’s drive from the airport and many of Bali’s top attractions, including the sacred temple of Uluwatu and the fine dining establishments of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
Together, The Pala, Villa Rose, Villa Markisa and Villa Marie offer a total of 21 bedrooms, capable of sleeping 42 adults. This, coupled with the superbly landscaped cliff top gardens, extensive decked areas, huge team of professional yet personable staff and purpose-designed guest facilities, make The Pandawa Cliff Estate a wedding and special event venue par excellence. The four villas also share a sports centre with full size tennis court, squash court, gym and spa.
Privacy is in no way compromised however, and each villa is sweetly secluded within its own extensive walled gardens. Villa Marie’s layout is particularly family-friendly. Bedrooms are arranged around the 17-metre pool, a centrally situated living pavilion and a large barbecue balé. Four of the six bedrooms occupy a double-storey building towards the back of the villa, with two master bedrooms in stand-alone pavilions to the front. Although Villa Marie is set slightly further back than the other Pandawa Cliff Estate villas, the ocean can still be seen from most rooms.
A skilled private chef heads the estate’s staff kitchen, and he and his team prepare and serve a wide range of gastronomic delights from a restaurant-style menu. The villas are neatly maintained, inside and out, by a small army of housekeepers, gardeners and pool attendants, and guarded by a team of diligent security staff, while two seven-seater cars with drivers are on standby for guests who wish to explore this delightful corner of the Island of the Gods.
- A centrally positioned living and dining pavilion houses all Villa Marie’s indoor living space.
- This is a warm and convivial area for gazing out over the pool and gardens, chilling in front of the television or enjoying a meal at the 10-seater dining table.
- A well-equipped open-plan kitchen occupies one corner of the living and dining pavilion.
- Spacious outdoor dining balé fitted with a built-in barbecue, wet kitchen area and a circular, all-weather-rattan table for eight.
- 17-metre T-shaped swimming pool with shallow area for the kids.
- Private furnished terraces front the two master bedrooms, either side of the pool.
- Two luxurious master suite pavilions each with wide glass doors facing the ocean in one direction and the pool in the other.
- Both master suites furnished with king-size beds and equipped with flat-screen, satellite-channel TVs and Blu-ray/DVD players.
- Spacious master bathrooms incorporate dressing areas, oval terrazzo bathtubs and rain showers.
- Four guest suites occupy a two-storey building reached via a timber boardwalk crossing pretty ponds. Each floor houses a pair of equally sized ensuite bedrooms – one king and one twin (convertible to king).
- Guest bathrooms are bright and spacious, all with well-designed dressing and vanity areas.
Peacefully and privately situated, at the end of a winding country lane on Bali’s southernmost tip, The Pandawa Cliff Estate is a hidden paradise overlooking the Indian ocean from its enchanting cliff-top setting.
Apart from a handful of other luxury villas sprinkling the cliff top, and the beach huts and local cafes bordering the white sands of Pandawa Beach far below (named after the five warrior brothers of the Mahabharata epic, whose white stone statues are carved into niches along the road leading down to the beach), there is little development in this unspoiled corner of Bali. But despite it’s tranquil, rural setting, The Pandawa Cliff Estate is less than 30 minutes’ drive from Bali’s international airport, and within easy reach of several glorious surf beaches, the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, and the many restaurants and beach bars of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
PETER P, AUSTRALIA