Just 500m from the famed surf break and Echo Beach lies a four-bedroom villa that is the epitome of elegant contemporary Balinese living. Villa Asante is set in glorious walled gardens full of stately Travellers Palms, flowering gingers and frangipani trees. Its pleasing symmetrical design – a two-storey building flanked by a pair of open-sided living and dining pavilions gazing across the swimming pool to the rice terraces beyond the river’s-edge lawn – is the creation of international architect Ross Franklin and interiors guru Dean Kempnich. They’ve hit the perfect balance between the uber-cool open-air living areas and comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms, with loads of entertaining space as well as quiet corners to get away from the crowd.
This is the perfect villa for families; the owners clearly understand what ticks the boxes for kids of all ages and there’s plenty to entertain them. If they tire of cavorting in the pool, playing table tennis or XBox, strumming the guitar or watching movies, they can head for the beach and ride the waves at one of Bali’s famed surf breaks, or enjoy the sporting facilities of the nearby Canggu Club*. And if a day’s shopping in Seminyak or an outing to the Elephant Safari Park appeals, a car and driver is available for up to eight hours a day (at a nominal rate).
An integral part of the Asante experience is the degree of cosseting guests enjoy. The well-trained long-serving staff (many have been at Asante since the beginning) includes an experienced chef who is a whizz in the kitchen, whipping up spectacular dishes throughout the day. Both butler service and security is provided round the clock, and massage therapists and babysitters can be called in at short notice.
Asante means ‘thank you’ in Swahili and is close to the Bahasa Indonesia word for relaxed (‘santai’). One thing’s for sure – on leaving Villa Asante, you’ll be both relaxed and thankful.
* Entry restrictions may apply so please ask your villa manager, who will also provide you with a membership card.
- Open-sided downstairs living room with comfortable couches and TV
- Dining pavilion with adjacent Western-style kitchen and table seating up to 12
- Air-conditioned TV lounge with lots of large comfortable couches, Xbox, DVD player and 40-inch flat-screen TV
- 20 x 12-metre swimming pool incorporating a 10 x 2-metre kids' paddling pool
- Large, cushioned bale relaxation pavilion elevated above the pool with room for six adults
- 8 sunshaded loungers by the swimming pool.
2 GROUND FLOOR MASTER ROOMS
- King-sized beds and 29-inch satellite-channel TV and DVD player
- Glass doors open onto stone terraces
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Outdoor bathrooms in both suites with tubs, twin sinks, indoor and outdoor showers, both overhead and hand-held, surrounded by tropical plants and grass
2 UPPER FLOOR GUEST ROOMS
- One bedroom has a king-size bed, the other convertible twins
- Two trundle beds for extra children located under each of the twin beds
- 32-inch satellite-channel TVs and DVD players in each room
- Glass doors open onto a balcony overlooking garden
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Indoor ensuite bathrooms, each with a monsoon shower
Villa Asante is located in a popular rural beachside area, about 500 metres from the lively Echo Beach, where there’s a wide choice of boutiques, delis, cafes and international restaurants. Canggu (2km) is fast evolving into Bali’s hippest beachside scene. Here, you can enjoy a laidback vibe and plenty of activities: rustic restaurants serving healthy cuisine and freshly squeezed juices, coffee shops and burger joints, seafood cafes, cool bars and vibrant live music venues, a dance school, surf schools and yoga studios, a chocolate shop, two sports centres including the Canggu Club, numerous spas and beauty lounges, convenience stores and some chic beachwear boutiques.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
TOM S, SINGAPORE