The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Just 300m from the famed surf break and Echo Beach lies a four-bedroom villa that is the epitome of elegant contemporary Balinese living. Villa Asante is set in glorious walled gardens full of stately Travellers Palms, flowering gingers and frangipani trees. Its pleasing symmetrical design – a two-storey building flanked by a pair of open-sided living and dining pavilions gazing across the swimming pool to the rice terraces beyond the river’s-edge lawn – is the creation of international architect Ross Franklin and interiors guru Dean Kempnich. They’ve hit the perfect balance between the uber-cool open-air living areas and comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms, with loads of entertaining space as well as quiet corners to get away from the crowd.
This is the perfect villa for families; the owners clearly understand what ticks the boxes for kids of all ages and there’s plenty to entertain them. If they tire of cavorting in the pool, playing table tennis or PS3, strumming the guitar or watching movies, they can head for the beach and ride the waves at one of Bali’s famed surf breaks, or enjoy the sporting facilities of the nearby Finns Recreation Club*. And if a day’s shopping in Seminyak or an outing to the Elephant Safari Park appeals, a car and driver is available for up to eight hours a day (at a nominal rate).
An integral part of the Asante experience is the degree of cosseting guests enjoy. The well-trained long-serving staff (many have been at Asante since the beginning) includes an experienced chef who is a whizz in the kitchen, whipping up spectacular dishes throughout the day. Both butler service and security is provided round the clock, and massage therapists and babysitters can be called in at short notice.
Asante means ‘thank you’ in Swahili and is close to the Bahasa Indonesia word for relaxed (‘santai’). One thing’s for sure – on leaving Villa Asante, you’ll be both relaxed and thankful.
* Entry restrictions may apply so please ask your villa manager, who will also provide you with a membership card.
Lawns make great playgounds
Chill-out sunsets on Echo Beach
Charming and so friendly staff
Seminyak only a short hop away
"Our family has had a wonderful 9 nights holiday at Villa Asante. The staff have been so welcoming and helpful, making our stay so relaxing and carefree. The caring nature and playfulness of all the staff has made the holiday so enjoyable for our children also. The villa is like a little oasis in the heart of Canggu. Thank you so much for having us to stay. Hope to see you again.
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 30-Aug-2018.
Features and amenities
- Open-sided downstairs living room with comfortable couches and TV
- Dining pavilion with adjacent Western-style kitchen and table seating up to 12
- Air-conditioned TV lounge with lots of large comfortable couches, PS3, DVD player and 40-inch flat-screen TV
- 12 x 10-metre swimming pool incorporating a 10 x 2-metre kids' paddling pool
- Large, cushioned bale relaxation pavilion elevated above the pool with room for six adults
- 8 sunshaded loungers by the swimming pool
Ground Floor Master Rooms
- King-sized beds and 29-inch satellite-channel TV and DVD player
- Glass doors open onto stone terraces
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Outdoor bathrooms in both suites with tubs, twin sinks, indoor and outdoor showers, both overhead and hand-held, surrounded by tropical plants and grass
Upper Floor Guest Rooms
- One bedroom has a king-size bed, the other convertible twins
- Two trundle beds for extra children located under each of the twin beds
- 32-inch satellite-channel TVs and DVD players in each room
- Glass doors open onto a balcony overlooking garden
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Indoor ensuite bathrooms, each with a monsoon shower
Villa Asante is located in a popular rural beachside area, about 300 metres from the lively Echo Beach, where there’s a wide choice of boutiques, delis, cafes and international restaurants. Canggu (2km) is fast evolving into Bali’s hippest beachside scene. Here, you can enjoy a laidback vibe and plenty of activities: rustic restaurants serving healthy cuisine and freshly squeezed juices, coffee shops and burger joints, seafood cafes, cool bars and vibrant live music venues, a dance school, surf schools and yoga studios, a chocolate shop, two sports centres including the Finns Recreation Club, numerous spas and beauty lounges, convenience stores and some chic beachwear boutiques.
Things to do
Villa Asante’s manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Villa Asante is close to the famous temple at Tanah Lot (11km), although in peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (300m) where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer. Note that the beach here is dark sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku Dé Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, ‘Petitenget’, Old Mans, Merah Putih, Sardine and Métis.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions