Dea Villas - Villa Sati
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
The four-bedroom Villa Sati promises guests a unique tropical holiday experience five minutes from the surf breaks of Berawa Beach and only 15 minutes from the buzz of Seminyak. Blending traditional Balinese and Javanese design elements, the villa comprises five separate living and sleeping pavilions, each incorporating the four-pillar core of an original teakwood Javanese joglo oriented for privacy around the large lagoon-style swimming pool. Spacious interiors full of the owner’s antique Asian curios and collectibles, as well as iPod docks, TVs and other 21st Century essentials create an appealingly contemporary interpretation of heritage chic.
Villa Sati is one of four villas in the exclusive Dea Villas Estate, giving guests a range of shared facilities that few Bali villas can offer. Where else could you wobble off the calories on a Powerplate in a professionally equipped air-conditioned gym, work up a sweat in the sauna and then pop into the dedicated spa for a deliciously choreographed four-hand massage? And all that while the kids let off steam on swings and slides in the playground? Guests also enjoy an exemplary level of service. Among the 29-strong staff that serves Dea Villas are butlers working in shifts 24/7, and three chefs who are dab hands at creating everything from poolside snacks to gourmet dinners from a reasonably priced menu.
With four equally spacious bedroom suites privately housed in individual pavilions, Sati is ideal for four couples or a group of friends. The villa can also be rented in conjunction with any (or all) of the four other Dea Villas – Villa Radha (one bedroom), Villa Amy (three bedrooms) and Villa Sarasvati (four bedrooms). Between them, the five villas have a total of 12 bedrooms for 24 people (with 12+ extra beds possible), offering the flexibility of different combinations for multiple families holidaying together, large groups of friends – and the perfect Bali wedding (see also the Dea Villas official website for details).
Sumptuous on-site spa
Seriously superb service
Piano for those who can play
Privacy and space
"A big thank you to all staff at Villa Sati for a wonderful, relaxing and happy holiday. We have eaten delicious food. In generally we had a super time.... thank you to all. We love Bali!
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 30-Aug-2018.
Features and amenities
- Open-sided, fan-cooled living pavilion with carved teakwood columns, full of fascinating antiques and artefacts.
- Casual rattan seating area and three-metre dining table big enough for 14.
- Well-equipped guest kitchen with wine fridge and espresso machine and, behind, a staff service kitchen.
- Lagoon-style pool set in the centre of the large gardens, with sun loungers and umbrellas set on a sun-terrace.
- Circular performance space for everything from Balinese dances to wedding ceremonies.
- An authentic old lumbung (rice barn) by the pool – a playroom for all ages.
- The four bedroom suites, named after Bali’s flowers, are housed in their own private pavilion set in the gardens around the pool.
- Each features a joglo design, with the four interior pillars providing a frame for the bed – king size in three bedrooms that converts to twins and a king bed in the fourth.
- In each bedroom is a three-metre-long daybed that converts to a bed for a child
- Each comes with an iPod dock, 32-inch TV with cable channels and DVD player, and a choice of air-conditioning or overhead fan.
- Dressing areas lead to large garden bathrooms with twin basins, walk-in rainshower, non-slip acid-washed marble floors and a statement bathtub.
- Pool-facing sun terraces – some covered – provide a private relaxation spot.
Dea Villas is located in a quiet street in the rural district of Berawa, near Canggu. There’s not much in the immediate area apart from a number of luxury villas, acres of rice fields and the rugged surf beach of Berawa (2km). Within a two-kilometre radius of Dea Villas are a number of café-style restaurants, a delicatessen, some simple spas, and a yoga venue.
Things to doDea Villas’manager and supervisors will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the other villa staff about the local area too. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
- Sports enthusiasts should head to Bali’s prestigious Canggu Club, with its state-of-the-art gym and tennis and squash courts. Round off your workouts with some fine international dining, then stock up on gourmet goodies at the nearby Deli.
- Visit the mystical Hotel Tugu (Bali’s first museum-hotel) studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques; its award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies. If you’re planning a honeymoon, Hotel Tugu makes a wonderful first night venue. The hotel’s restaurants offer authentic Chinese and Indonesian fine dining, as well as an international menu, in a variety of unique settings. At the rustic Waroeng Tugu you can taste the traditional Javanese and Balinese cuisine of bygone centuries.
- Dea Villas is not far from the famous temple at Tanah Lot (14km), although in peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku Dé Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, Sardine and Métis.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Explore Bali’s backroads, lakes, volcanoes, forests and beaches on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tours, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions