The four-bedroom Villa Sati promises guests a unique tropical holiday experience five minutes from the surf breaks of Berawa Beach and only 15 minutes from the buzz of Seminyak. Blending traditional Balinese and Javanese design elements, the villa comprises five separate living and sleeping pavilions, each incorporating the four-pillar core of an original teakwood Javanese joglo oriented for privacy around the large lagoon-style swimming pool. Spacious interiors full of the owner’s antique Asian curios and collectibles, as well as iPod docks, TVs and other 21st Century essentials create an appealingly contemporary interpretation of heritage chic.
Villa Sati is one of four villas in the exclusive Dea Villas Estate, giving guests a range of shared facilities that few Bali villas can offer. Where else could you wobble off the calories on a Powerplate in a professionally equipped air-conditioned gym, work up a sweat in the sauna and then pop into the dedicated spa for a deliciously choreographed four-hand massage? And all that while the kids let off steam on swings and slides in the playground? Guests also enjoy an exemplary level of service. Among the 29-strong staff that serves Dea Villas are butlers working in shifts 24/7, and three chefs who are dab hands at creating everything from poolside snacks to gourmet dinners from a reasonably priced menu.
With four equally spacious bedroom suites privately housed in individual pavilions, Sati is ideal for four couples or a group of friends. The villa can also be rented in conjunction with any (or all) of the four other Dea Villas – Villa Radha (one bedroom), Villa Amy (three bedrooms) and Villa Sarasvati (four bedrooms). Between them, the five villas have a total of 12 bedrooms for 24 people (with 12+ extra beds possible), offering the flexibility of different combinations for multiple families holidaying together, large groups of friends – and the perfect Bali wedding (see also the Dea Villas official website for details).
- Open-sided, fan-cooled living pavilion with carved teakwood columns, full of fascinating antiques and artefacts.
- Casual rattan seating area and three-metre dining table big enough for 14.
- Well-equipped guest kitchen with wine fridge and espresso machine and, behind, a staff service kitchen.
- Lagoon-style pool set in the centre of the large gardens, with sun loungers and umbrellas set on a sun-terrace.
- Circular performance space for everything from Balinese dances to wedding ceremonies.
- An authentic old lumbung (rice barn) by the pool – a playroom for all ages.
- The four bedroom suites, named after Bali’s flowers, are housed in their own private pavilion set in the gardens around the pool.
- Each features a joglo design, with the four interior pillars providing a frame for the bed – king size in three bedrooms, twins that can be converted to a king in the fourth.
- In each bedroom is a three-metre-long daybed that converts to a bed for a child
- Each comes with an iPod dock, 32-inch TV with cable channels and DVD player, and a choice of air-conditioning or overhead fan.
- Dressing areas lead to large garden bathrooms with twin basins, walk-in rainshower, non-slip acid-washed marble floors and a statement bathtub.
- Pool-facing sun terraces – some covered – provide a private relaxation spot.
Dea Villas is located in a quiet street in the rural district of Berawa, near Canggu. There’s not much in the immediate area apart from a number of luxury villas, acres of rice fields and the rugged surf beach of Berawa (2km). Within a two-kilometre radius of Dea Villas are a number of café-style restaurants, a delicatessen, some simple spas, and a yoga venue.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
VANESSA W, AUSTRALIA