The stunning Villa Sarasvati offers stylish tropical living just five minutes from the surf breaks by Berawa Beach and only 15 minutes from the buzz of Seminyak. Following the path across the lotus ponds into the art-gallery hallway, it becomes clear that this contemporary villa, which looks over rice fields, is in a class of its own. There’s so much artefacts-filled living space, from the large, light-filled living pavilion running the length of the 20-metre pool, to the semi-open garden room that seats a full house, to the furnished terraces fronting the four bedrooms on both levels. Whether gathering around the massive suarwood dining table, sunbathing on the poolside deck, curling up with a good book in the elevated pondok, watching a film in the air-conditioned TV lounge, or taking an alfresco bath on the private bathroom terrace, guests have lots of space to socialize as well as quiet places to escape for ‘me’ time. The garden is delightful, with two antique pondoks (ricefield shelters), a petanque court and giant chess.
Villa Sarasvati is one of four villas in the exclusive Dea Villas Estate, so guests enjoy a range of shared facilities that few Bali villas can offer. Where else could you wobble off the calories on a Powerplate in a professionally equipped air-conditioned gym, work up a sweat in the sauna and then pop into the dedicated spa for a deliciously choreographed four-hand massage? And all that while the kids let off steam on swings and slides in the playground? Villa guests also enjoy an exemplary level of service; among the 29-strong staff that serves Dea Villas are butlers working in shifts 24/7, and three chefs who are dab hands at creating everything from poolside snacks to gourmet dinners from a reasonably priced menu.
This is a great villa for two families, four couples or eight friends holidaying together. For larger gatherings it can be rented in conjunction with any (or all) of the other three Dea Villas – Villa Radha (one bedroom), Villa Amy (three bedrooms) and Villa Sati (four bedrooms). Between them, the four villas have a total of 12 bedrooms for 24 people (with 8+ extra beds possible), offering the flexibility of different combinations for multiple families holidaying together, large groups of friends and perfect wedding parties (see also the Dea Villas official website for details).
- Large open-plan living pavilion with three walls of glass doors that slide back for fan-cooled tropical living or close for air-conditioned comfort.
- Deeply cushioned wicker sofa seating area.
- Huge suarwood dining table with bench seating for 14, separated by a marble-topped bar counter from the open-plan guest kitchen which is well-equipped with wine fridge, espresso machine etc. Staff kitchen behind.
- Upper-level air-conditioned TV room with sofas and banquettes facing a 52-inch TV with DVD player and surround-sound system. Also has a desk, shelf of books and Yamaha piano.
- Art gallery entrance hall bedecked with artefacts.
- Large 20m swimming pool with shallow section, edged with fire-bowls.
- Ironwood deck with sun-loungers and seating.
- Huge open-sided pergola-style covered garden room with all-weather seating.
- Two antique pondoks (ricefield shelters) in a large, shaded tropical garden complete with petanque court and giant garden chess.
- Shaded terraces on both levels of the bedroom pavilion, with clusters of casual seating and daybeds.
- Private gardens and rooftop terraces by the bedrooms.
TWO MASTER BEDROOM SUITES
- Both master bedroom suites on the ground floor feature reclaimed teakwood floors, king-size beds, window seat that converts to a single bed for kids, and huge dressing areas.
- Each comes with an iPod dock, 32-inch TV with cable channels and DVD player
- Choice of air-conditioning or overhead fan.
- Large garden bathrooms with walk-in rainshower, twin basins and terrazzo bathtubs ooking.
- The main master has its own private garden with table and chairs and separate Balinese entrance set into the boundary wall.
TWO GUEST BEDROOM
- Both upstairs air-conditioned guest suites offer the flexibility of twin beds that can be configured as a king and have a window seat that converts to a single bed for kids.
- Each comes with an iPod dock, 32-inch TV with cable channels and DVD player.
- Bright indoor shower room with vanity and rainshower, reached via a walk-through dressing area and a statement bathtub set on a completely private sun-terrace for alfresco bathing.
Dea Villas is located in a quiet street in the rural district of Berawa, near Canggu. There’s not much in the immediate area apart from a number of luxury villas, acres of rice fields and the rugged surf beach of Berawa (2km). Within a two-kilometre radius of Dea Villas are a number of café-style restaurants, a delicatessen, some simple spas, and a yoga venue.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
FELIX E, SWEDEN