In Bali’s spiritual heart of Ubud, lies the private and serene Villa San. This six-bedroom luxury villa accommodates up to twelve people set across lush gardens that centre around a 25m lap pool and incorporate elegant sculptures and a tranquil meditation terrace. Showcasing an impressive array of artworks and handicrafts originating from China, Africa and Indonesia, Villa San is only minutes from sensational shopping, superb spas, classic cultural performances and luxuriant rice fields.
The spacious grounds of this Ubud retreat offer freedom and flexibility for both families and large groups sharing, with hammocks and sun loungers arranged around the 25m x 5m pool and a pool pavilion seating up to 15 people. Inside, as well as the living and dining spaces, there are two well-equipped entertainment rooms, a gym and a children’s playroom. French doors from all of Villa San’s six large bedrooms – three doubles and three twins - look out over tranquil gardens, only steps away from the long sloping lawn and the inviting pool.
Guests at Villa San are spoiled for choice when it comes to ways to relax. Reflecting the owners’ artistic and spiritual leanings, there’s the loft studio for painting, a telescope for star-gazing from the function room at night, and a Buddhist stupa and yoga terrace tucked in a quiet corner of the property for group or individual meditation and yoga practice.
A friendly, helpful team of staff are on hand around the clock, with a butler and chef available to meet every request. They are knowledgeable about the local Hindu culture, art galleries and the many options for exploring and learning about the region and will recommend the best of local restaurants, cafés and spas.
- Open-sided living area with comfortable lounging areas
- Two media rooms; one off the main living area and featuring a state-of-the-art home theatre system, the other in the master suite
- Casual dining area
- Fully-equipped gym
- Children’s playroom
- Open-plan kitchen adjoining breakfast bar and dining area with table for 14 guests
- Artists studio on the top level
- Function room for small events and stargazing at night
- 25m x 5m pool with shallow (1.2m) and deep (1.8m) ends
- Covered gazebo seating 12-15 people
- Sun loungers and umbrellas throughout
- Tree-shaded terrace – ideal for yoga/meditation accommodating up to 15 people
- Comprises two generous sized bedrooms (one king and one twin room) adjoined by a family/entertainment room with state-of-the-art entertainment and lounge
- Separate ensuites are accessed through large dressing rooms for both rooms
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fan
- iPod dock
- Located in separate pavilions around the main building, eight more adults are accommodated in two queen bedrooms and two twin bedrooms (two extra beds are available upon request)
- Each room has an ensuite with large tubs and showers
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- iPod dock
Villa San is a stone’s throw from Ubud’s Royal Palace – where cultural performances are held nightly – and very convenient for many of Ubud’s favourite treasures and attractions. While the property itself is very quiet and private, a vast, bustling local market is only 300m from the front door while a delightful variety of high quality restaurants and cafés can be found in and around the centre of town.
Ubud and her surrounding small villages are rich with culture and art. Many villages focus on a specific craft – such as woodworking, stone carving, ikat weaving or batik painting. These crafts are not just for the tourists, they have formed the livelihoods of these Balinese villagers for several hundred years. Guests can visit, watch and in many cases take classes – learning to cook local food, carve a wooden mask, dye a batik scarf, dance in a traditional performance, play an ancient brass musical instrument, or attend a life drawing session.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
LIN F, TAIWAN