Multiple families and large groups of friends holidaying together are gravitating to Villa Avalon, a grand close-to-beachfront estate just beyond Seminyak that offers seven spacious air-conditioned bedrooms across three individual villas – each with pool and private garden, and available for rental individually or together.
It’s rare to find such a well-established villa in a quiet location 60m from the beach (only temple land lies between) and yet just a five-minute taxi ride from Seminyak. Beyond the entrance is sunset bar and tapas haven La Laguna. A five-minute stroll along the sand brings you to Mozaic Beach Club and a few simple beachfront cafes; W Hotel and Potato Head are just a little further.
Within the Avalon estate itself are several sociable living spaces (both formal and informal, indoor and alfresco) – the mark of award-winning architect Popo Danes who conceived the estate as a harmonious blend of contemporary design with a Balinese community feel and an Asian twist. When all three villas are booked together, the maximum capacity of 21 still doesn’t feel like a crowd; there are plenty secluded corners for quiet escape. And yet a honeymooning couple basking in the romance of the one-bedroom villa alone may feel they have the entire estate to themselves, such is the intimacy of the layout. No wonder Avalon is a sought-after venue for an enchanting tropical wedding, a renewal-of-vows ceremony and indeed family celebrations of all kinds!
While guests snooze on their private bedroom terrace, enjoy a few laps in one of the estate’s three pools, gather around the pool table with a few beers, curl up with a good book in the air-conditioned library, or indulge in an in-room spa treatment, the well-trained ten-strong staff (including a competent chef) work discreetly in the background to provide stellar service from morning until night.
- Open-sided fan-cooled second-level living pavilion with pool table.
- Open-sided fan-cooled dining hall (seating for 14)
- Air-conditioned media room/library with 52-inch satellite TV, DVD player and home theatre system
- Deep bedroom terraces with additional seating
- Open-sided garden living pavilion in Avalon 2
- Air-conditioned living and dining room in Avalon 3
- A choice of three pools, from 15m to 5m.
- Poolside sun decks with plenty of loungers and umbrellas
- Poolside heritage teakwood joglo from Java
- Teakwood gladak building from Java – used as a playroom or massage room
- Beautifully landscaped gardens
- Two air-conditioned master suites occupy the two-storey master sleeping pavilion
- Attached sitting room with two daybeds (perfect for the kids)
- Deep terraces with breakfast area and daybed
- King-size four-poster beds
- Walk-in wardrobe
- TV, DVD player
- Glamorous air-conditioned bathrooms with twin vanity, statement bathtub, rain shower enclosures, non-slip marble floor and large walk-in wardrobe
GUEST BEDROOMS – AVALON I
- Two air-conditioned guest bedrooms, one with king-size and one with queen-size bed
- Ensuites with twin vanity, rain shower, and non-slip marble floor
- TV, DVD/CD player
GUEST BEDROOMS – AVALON II
- Two air-conditioned bedrooms, one with king-size and one with queen-size bed
- Ensuite air-conditioned shower room with rain shower, and non-slip marble floor
GUEST BEDROOM – AVALON III
- Air-conditioned bedroom with queen-size bed and sitting area
- Ensuite air-conditioned bathroom with bathtub, twin vanity, rain shower, and walk-in dressing room
The Villa Avalon estate is the very last private residence on a small lane that leads to Canggu’s Kayu Putih beach, with its glistening volcanic sand and awesome waves. Only a temple and a small lagoon – over which a rustic timber walkway leads to kilometres of sandy beach – lie between the villa and the ocean. La Laguna, a charming “boho-batik” restaurant and sunset bar, is a hop and skip away; even W Hotel, Potato Head and the famed bars and restaurants of Seminyak are only a 15-minute walk from the villa. A 15-minute amble inland brings you to Canggu Plaza, with its expat-focused supermarket, gelato stop and choice of eateries. Villa Avalon is in an ideal location, right on Seminyak’s doorstep yet with the peace and quiet of a far more rural setting.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
LIM FAMILY, INDONESIA