Des Indes II
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Des Indes Villa II lies within Seminyak’s exclusive Laksmana Estate, moments from Petitenget Beach and some of Bali’s most iconic, restaurants, bars, boutiques and spas. This luxury five-bedroomed villa offers old Bali-style open-concept living in surroundings that are remarkably quiet given their proximity to Seminyak’s many attractions. With multiple indoor and outdoor living and dining areas, soothing koi ponds dotted with islands of heliconia, and two private swimming pools, Des Indes II is perfect for holidaymakers who appreciate their own private space to relax amidst lush tropical greenery.
Within the vaulted, teakwood-lined pavilions oriented around the swimming pools are a wealth of colonial-style furniture, prized antiques, and Chinese and Indonesian ceramics and artefacts. Counterpointing the heritage influence are more contemporary luxuries, including top-range King Koil mattresses, crisp cotton bed-linen, and curved 47-inch TVs with satellite channels in every bedroom.
Adding to the sense of luxury is a staff team dedicated to making guests feel special. Among them is an accomplished chef who can prepare meals throughout the day according to a reasonably priced menu. Those that can tear themselves away from the delights of the villa will find classic Bali restaurants and beach bars such as La Lucciola, Ku De Ta and Potato Head just a short stroll away.
For larger groups (up to 18 adults and four extra children), the villa can be rented in conjunction with the four-bedroom Des Indes I to create a nine-bedroom estate with three pools – perfect for extended families or groups of friends.
Fantastic Seminyak location
Fabulous artefact-rich design
Individual bedroom pavilions
Private chef among the staff
Moments from the beach
"Thank you for looking after us, we had the best time and the hospitality was world class. Thank you for the service with a smile and for going above and beyond. We will be back."
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 07-Aug-2018.
Features and amenities
- Large living pavilion with two seating areas and dining table for 10
- Open-sided sitting area with antique daybed
- Colonial style furniture throughout
- Bar area
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Poolside dining pergola with seating for four
- Large cushion-covered poolside bale
- Two swimming pools (16 x 4m and 10 x 3m)
- Pool terraces and sun loungers
- All five bedrooms at Des Indes Villa II are air-conditioned, with teakwood floors, oriental rugs and antique-style furniture
- All rooms are equipped with large curved TVs with satellite channels
- All bedrooms are ensuite, with air-conditioned bathrooms featuring twin basins, bathtub, monsoon shower, and walk-in wardrobe with dressing table
- Four of the bedrooms are furnished with king-size four-poster beds; the fifth room has a set of twin beds that can convert to a king-size four-poster bed
- Four of the bedrooms open onto the pool terraces, one is on the upper level with a private rooftop terrace
Things to doVilla Des Indes’ manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Chat to the staff too; many have been attached to the villa for some time and are a great source of insider information. In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku Dé Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, Petitenget, Merah Putih, Sardine and Métis.
- It’s possible to walk the sands of Seminyak’s Petitenget Beach all the way to Kuta in the south, or north to Canggu. The beach is more popular with locals than tourists (not safe for swimming in most sections), but is a great spot for building sandcastles or to watch the sunset as you sip a cocktail from one of the many beachside bars.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (11km) where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer. Note that the beach here is dark sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot, or try the more casual café across the road; Old Man’s for alfresco all day dining
- Villa Shinta Dewi is close to the famous temple at Tanah Lot (16 km), although in peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions