Moments from Petitenget Beach, set within Seminyak’s elite Laksmana Estate, lies Des Indes Villa II. This two-bedroom luxury villa offers guests a contemporary take on old Bali-style open-concept living and Asian heritage chic. The two vaulted teakwood-lined bedroom pavilions facing each other across the 10-metre swimming pool are rich with colonial-style furniture, oriental rugs, and Chinese and Indonesian artefacts. Counterpointing the traditional influence are more contemporary luxuries – top-range King Koil mattresses, crisp cotton bed-linen, curved 47-Inch TVs with satellite channels in the bedrooms, and Body Shop toiletries in the air-conditioned Italian marble bathrooms.
Stretch out in the shallows of the pool, dry off on one of the sun-loungers then feast on lunch at the marble-topped table in the poolside pergola. Curl up on the antique daybed in the living room with a good book from the villa’s eclectic collection. Then, after soaking in a petal-strewn bath, put on your glad rags and wander across to Potato Head for sunset cocktails, followed by candle-lit dinner at La Lucciola before sinking into the comfort of your romantic four-poster bed.
Of course there is no need to leave the villa at all – among the seven-strong team on hand to pamper you is an accomplished chef who can prepare meals throughout the day to a reasonably priced menu.
With the beach, boutiques, restaurants, bars and spas of Seminyak just moments away, a honeymooning couple, two couples or a small family will find Des Indes Villas II the perfect choice for their Bali vacation. For larger groups (up to 10 adults and four extra children), the villa can be rented in conjunction with the adjacent three-bedroom Des Indes III; an inter-connecting wall of double doors and pivoting plantation shutters opens up to create one five-bedroom villa with two pools – perfect for extended families or groups of friends.
- Open-sided living area with antique daybed, colonial style furniture, and a wall of plantation shutters that can be opened onto the koi ponds of adjacent Des Indes III
- Secondary seating area with a pair of upholstered chairs and coffee table
- Poolside dining pergola with table for 4 and second seating area, joining onto the living area
- 10-metre swimming pool with small terrace
- Master bedroom with king bed occupies its own pavilion, opening onto pool terrace
- A second pavilion for the twin bedded guestroom facing across the pool.
- Both are air-conditioned, with teakwood floors, oriental rugs, antique-style furniture and large curved TV with satellite channels
- Both ensuite air-conditioned bathrooms have twin basins, bathtub, monsoon shower, and walk-in wardrobe with dressing table.
Des Indes II sits securely within the Laksmana Estate, an exclusive enclave right in the heart of Seminyak. Bali’s most stellar beach area – the wide expanse of Petitenget Beach is a mere five-minute walk away. Many of the island’s most celebrated restaurants and bars are also very close by, including Ku De Ta, Metis, Sarong and Potato Head. No need to take a taxi to reach Seminyak’s many boutiques, lifestyle shops and spas either. What a perfect spot!
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online