Poised on a cliff-top commanding stupendous views of the ocean sparkling below, the four-bedroom fully staffed Villa Hamsa forms part of Sohamsa Ocean Estate, together with the five-bedroom Villa Soham. The villas are set in an enclave of exclusive villas on the southernmost part of the Bukit peninsula – a still unspoilt slice of Bali that feels far from the bustle of better-known tourism hotspots – yet are only half an hour from the airport and close to some of the island’s best known attractions – the iconic Uluwatu sea temple, for example, the seafood restaurants of Jimbaran Bay, and world-famous surf breaks that lie just off enchanting sandy coves.
Within the beautifully designed villa – which skilfully combines contemporary architecture with natural materials from the Indonesian archipelago – are both formal air-conditioned and casual alfresco living and dining spaces, generously sized air-conditioned bedrooms and bathrooms, a large infinity pool, and a well-equipped gym and massage room.
After a hearty breakfast served on the dining terrace, spend your morning pushing weights in the gym and cooling off with a few laps in the pool. After a leisurely lunch you’ll deserve a sea-breeze siesta followed by a massage. Take your chauffeured car to Pandawa Beach for an afternoon swim or a kayak, then retire to the master suite and sink into the deep bath tub before dressing for sunset cocktails on the deck to the sound of surf. Then take your seat at the enormous marble-topped dining table and enjoy a gourmet candlelit dinner prepared by the highly accomplished chef – part of a ten-strong staff dedicated to making your time at the villa really special.
While Villa Hamsa can host up to 10 guests, it is perfect for multiple families or groups of friends – as many as 22 – when combined with Villa Soham. Conveniently for singles and those travelling with kids, the guest bedrooms can be set up as twins.
- Spacious air-conditioned living pavilion with lounge, TV area, and formal dining area.
- Well-equipped kitchen, with guest washroom within same pavilion.
- Well-equipped gym and adjoining massage room, with ocean views and private garden.
- Large bench-lined ironwood deck in front of the master suite pavilion, with stunning sea views.
- Poolside dining terrace.
- Infinity pool with sun terrace.
- All bedrooms are generously sized, air-conditioned and have overhead fans.
- All have TVs with cable channels and DVD players.
- Huge emperor-sided bed in master bedroom; all three guest bedrooms have twin beds that can be converted to kings.
- All bedrooms are ensuite, with lots of wardrobe space, air-conditioned bathrooms, rain showers, and bathtubs.
- The master bedroom occupies its own pavilion and opens onto a huge deck.
- The master ensuite has an indoor and alfresco shower – both with stunning ocean vistas
Sohamsa Ocean Estate lies at the edge of the Bukit peninsula, a limestone plateau on the delightfully unspoiled southernmost tip of Bali. It rests within an exclusive enclave of luxury villas that line the cliff high above the Indian Ocean – seemingly miles away from the island’s busiest tourist districts yet just half an hour from the airport. While there is little within walking distance in this dramatic rural setting, just two kilometres away is Pandawa Beach with its stretch of white sand, local cafes and sea sports. Hidden beach coves and famed surf breaks are within easy reach, as is the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, some very cool beach clubs and the restaurants of Jimbaran Bay and Nusa Dua.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online