Those seeking a chic centre-of-the-action yet peaceful location for their Bali vacation will find the fully staffed Villa Windu Sari has lots to offer. This spacious four-bedroom villa is securely set down a quiet cul-de-sac in a private community of villas in Petitenget, less than a kilometer from the beach, within walking distance of some of Bali’s best restaurants and bars, and a short taxi-ride from Seminyak.
The focus of this handsome tropical home is the 12.5-metre pool – framed by a pair of two-storey pavilions arranged in an L shape, with a third side taken up by the sun-deck and poolside bale. But the hub is the open-plan living room – a huge fan-cooled space leading directly to the pool terrace, where guests can settle into comfortable sofas or congregate around the enormous teakwood dining table that extends to seat 14. Behind (but out of sight) is the gleaming modern kitchen where the villa chef concocts mouthwatering meals and snacks throughout the day, served by the four butlers who between them provide attentive 24-hour service.
When the pull of socializing pales, there are lots of places to retreat to. How about a work-out in the well-equipped gym? Some down-time in the air-conditioned media room (where you can also check your emails on the computer)? Or an afternoon siesta on the bedroom balcony? The four bedrooms occupy a separate pavilion and open onto the balcony or directly onto the pool terrace).
Good news for larger groups: Villa Windu Sari can also be booked in conjunction with the six-bedroom Villa Windu Asri, together offering 10 bedrooms.
Let’s give the last word on Villa Windu Sari to a guest on departure: “To spend quality time with one’s family is priceless. To spend it in these surroundings and company is a privilege”.
- Open-sided, fan-cooled living and dining pavilion with vaulted roof, walls of timber and Indian stone, and polished marble floor
- Dining area with teakwood table which seats 10 and can be extended for up to 20
- Sonos sound system with extensive music library, controlled by an iPad available for guest use
- Media room with deeply cushioned armchairs set before a 50-inch plasma screen, cable TV, DVD player and state-of-the-art Yamaha surround sound system. Built-in desk with computer with internet access
- Fully equipped chef’s kitchen- Well-equipped air-conditioned or fan-cooled wood-clad gym with treadmill, exercise bike, cross-trainer, free weights and bench
- 12m swimming pool with Himalayan stone water cascade
- Poolside bale
- Beautifully landscaped gardens
- Timber deck with 6 sunbeads and an umbrella, and adjacent pool shower
- Rooftop terrace between the media room and gym
- All four air-conditioned bedroom suites are in a two-storey sleeping pavilion at one end of the pool
- All have sliding glass doors with teakwood shutters, polished wood floors, hand-made coffered timber ceilings and handsome furniture enriched with Jim Thomson silks
- All have 32-inch TVs with cable channels
- The second level master bedroom and guest bedroom have king-size beds (convertible to twin) and share a long balcony with daybeds looking onto the garden. Their bathrooms include a bathtub and rainshower
- The two ground level bedrooms have twin beds that can also be configured as a king. Both have garden bathrooms with a rainshower. One room has a bathtub and the other has a rainshower and extra outdoor shower
- Rollaway beds and cots can be provided for children
Villa Windu Sari sits on the outer edges of the ‘golden triangle’ of Seminyak – close enough to be convenient but far enough away to enjoy the peace. The villa lies down a long cul-de-sac within a 24-hour guarded community. The area contains a wide mix of high-end villa and resort developments, chic shopping, bars, beachclubs and internationally acclaimed restaurants. Within a kilometre or two of the villa are the famous Ku Dé Ta and the newer Potato Head beach club, and nearby restaurants include La Lucciola, Hu’u Bar, Sarong and the W Retreat. The villa is less than a kilometre from Petitenget Beach, renowned for its surf breaks, panoramic coastline views and legendary sunsets.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
RACHEL M, AUSTRALIA