If you were to create a wish list for your ideal villa vacation, there’s a good chance that Villa Asta will tick all your boxes – and some more. A 10-minute walk from Batubelig Beach on Bali’s south western coast, this five bedroom villa is a top choice for groups of friends and families with kids of all ages.
The huge free-form swimming pool curving through the centre of the villa grounds is the natural focus; its swim-through waterfall, circular overlapping sun-deck and 4-metre high bale-in-the-sky dive platform guarantees hours of fun – and all in view of the open-sided living and dining pavilions that spill onto the poolside terrace in a perfect example of Bali-influenced tropical living. An enormous second level rice-field-view games room provides more entertainment in the form of a pool table, table tennis, home theatre, computer and library of board games overlooking the villa’s own badminton/volleyball lawn. There’s also a TV room with movie library and a second computer for guest use.
The configuration of bedrooms gives an unusual level of flexibility. On the ground floor of the games pavilion, the three guest bedrooms are designed for flexible living; each has twins that convert to a king, with a pair of trundle beds underneath – perfect for 6 adults or up to 12 youngsters. Parents can retreat to the master pavilion the other side of the pool, where they enjoy the privacy of two master bedrooms and a plunge pool.
The dining and living pavilions provide the social heart of Villa Asta – guests converge on the enormous 12-to-18 seat dining table for gourmet meals prepared by the villa chef and served by butlers who are on call 24/7. With such cosseting, there’s little need to leave the villa. But for those who want to venture out, Batubelig Beach is a ten-minute walk away (closer if you take the villa bicycles). And a driver and car is available for an additional cost to take guests to the acclaimed restaurants and bars of Seminyak, to the Canggu Club (where they enjoy complimentary membership), or further afield on a day’s sight-seeing tour of the island.
- Open-sided alang-alang (thatched) living pavilion with two seating areas and steps to the pool
- Open-sided dining pavilion with koi pond on two sides, and table for 10 (extending to accommodate 18)
- Well equipped open plan kitchen attached to the dining pavilion, with marble bar counter and five bar chairs; staff service kitchen behind
- Outdoor barbecue grill
- Air-conditioned TV room/study with 47-inch TV and DVD player, a library of movies, books and games, and a computer and printer with scanner, copier and card reader
- Massive open-sided games room taking up the entire second level of the guest wing, with pool table, table tennis, satellite 52-inch TV and DVD player, computer, kitchenette and shower room
- Two iPod docks connected to a sound system linked to speakers in the living, dining and games area
- Extraordinary free-form swimming pool with waterfall feature and 4m deep end
- Bale raised high on stilts for rice-terrace views also serves as a dive platform for the pool
- Plunge pool running the length of the master bedroom wing, with water spouts and shallow ends
- Circular ironwood deck hovering over the side of the pool, with four sunbeds and an umbrella
- Separate sun deck with loungers and umbrella by the koi pond
- Badminton court lawn shaded by mature trees
- Guest membership to the Canggu Club, which has tennis courts, air-conditioned squash courts, gym etc
- Two master bedroom suites in separate master pavilion
- Plunge pool and poolside terraces
- Four-poster king-size beds
- Walk-in wardrobes with dressing tables
- Window seats looking out over the garden
- 32-inch satelite TVs and DVD players
- Garden bathrooms with statement marble bathtub, separate rainshower and an exterior door leading directly to the plunge pool
- Three air-conditioned bedrooms on ground floor of the guest pavilion
- King-size beds (converting to twins) with two trundle beds underneath for extra guests
- Walk-in wardrobe with dressing table
- Ensuite garden bathrooms with wetroom shower
Villa Asta is less than 10 minutes’ walk from Batubelig Beach on Bali’s south-western coast. A mere five-minute walk from the villa, Hog Wild in Bali serves its famed ribs and martinis acclaimed by celebrity gourmet chef Anthony Bourdain. Seminyak, with its wide choice of internationally-renowned restaurants including Metis, Sardine, Sarong, La Lucciola and Ku De Ta is a short drive away, as is the Canggu Club where guests enjoy complimentary membership.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
ROBERT B, AUSTRALIA