The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Taman Ahimsa means ‘Garden of Peace’ and as soon as you enter this magical oasis, you will surrender yourself to the seductive charms of this seven-bedroom luxury oceanfront villa in Cemagi, on Bali’s southwest coast. Taman Ahimsa offers a beautiful synergy of nature and organic design providing wonderful spaces for friends and families to come together and enjoy Bali’s tropical treasures whilst also offering private opportunity for contemplation and rejuvenation.
Meander from the poolside decking directly onto the beach, and enjoy cocktails at sunset. Congregate for meals at the elegant teak dining table and be tantalised by the stunning cuisine prepared by your in-villa chef and his team. And after dinner, gaze at the blanket of stars adorning the Balinese night sky through the villa’s telescope. Look towards Uluwatu as you luxuriate under a sunshade by the Java-stone pool, enjoy a massage in a thatched garden balé, or still your thoughts as you gaze over the jade-green ocean. Explore the surrounding sculpted rice paddies or stumble upon a colourful ceremony and find yourself in the midst of the exotic and ancient.
The villa's thatched roofs are designed to resemble boat hulls, sacred spirals and seashells – appropriate symbols for this idyllic retreat. Pavilions meld into the landscape, and the sprawling, lush gardens cascade all the way down to the black-sand beach. Inside, a wonderful selection of Indonesian artefacts, give unique charm and character to every space.
Taman Ahimsa will soothe your senses, invigorate your soul, and provide you with a renewed sense of oneness. At the end of your stay you will literally have to tear yourself away – Taman Ahimsa does not relinquish its guests easily.
Extraordinary indigenous architecture
Raw foods on the menu
Yoga and natural healing centre
Step straight onto the sand
Eco-friendly and holistic
"We can not say enough about what an incredible place Taman Ahimsa is and what an amazing experience the last few days have been. From the tranquility of the environment, to the beauty of the villa, to the amazing and hospitable staff - we could not have asked for a better vacation. Every morning we were greeted with smiles and enjoyed a delicious breakfast - such a great way to start each day. The staff would then help us with anything for the rest of the day - arranging massages, just making each minute of our time truly enjoyable. Everything was so clean and of such high standards - there was not one thing we could find fault in. We could recommended Taman Ahimsa to all of our family and friends, and we can't wait for our next trip back. A special heartfelt thank you to Prama and Eddy for everything you have done to make this an unforgettable trip. Thank you to all the staff for their warmth and kindness. We will take this amazing experience and keep it in our hearts.
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 02-Aug-2018.
Features and amenities
- Two living areas where guests can relax alfresco-style or in air-conditioned comfort furnished with an array of plush seating areas and enjoying sweeping garden views through to the sea
- Dining area featuring a rustic table for 16 people
- Enormous state-of-the-art gourmet kitchen
- Spacious TV room boasting a 32inch TV and DVD player, large movie library and comfortable couches
- Large 18m x 15m organically-shaped Java Stone swimming pool
- Ironwood deck with oversized rattan sun beds and umbrellas
- Thatched poolside pavilion with outdoor seating for 16 leading onto a decking area – perfect for yoga
- Charming thatched bales are nestled throughout the garden providing shady escapes
- Each of the seven guest bedrooms are named after a Hindu chakra and boast a colour theme, a rich array of ornate artisanal fabrics and décor
- Kings-sized canopied bed
- Dressing areas fitted with wardrobes, writing desk and safety deposit boxes
- Two upstairs bedrooms are linked by a bamboo bridge – making them ideal for families. Both of these rooms have bamboo balconies.
- The remaining five bedrooms are privately laid out within Taman Ahimsa’s beautiful beachside gardens, including the master suites with its high-vaulted ceilings and luxuriously draped 2.3m wide bed
- Ensuite bathrooms feature a mix of indoor and outdoor areas with huge hollowed out river-rock tubs, river-rock basins, rain showers slat paved floors and bamboo ceilings
Taman Ahimsa is located in the wonderfully bucolic seaside village of Cemagi. The villa is approached via rolling lush green rice paddies tended by local farmers. And once at the villa the sweeping views across the ocean to Uluwatu, on Bali’s southernmost tip, are breathtaking. A few short steps and you are on the beach itself, the warm sand between your toes. And unlike the crowded beaches at Kuta or Legian, you will have this one pretty much to yourself!
If you have the urge to explore, some of the island’s best surf breaks are located within a short drive, including Batu Bolong, Echo Beach and Seseh. And guests should not miss watching the sun set over Tanah Lot, Bali’s most famous and revered temple.
While there may be some reluctance to leave the beauty and comfort of the villa and all it has to offer, the restaurants and nightlife of Seminyak are only half an hour (15km) away and Taman Ahimsa’s car and driver are at your disposal.
Things to do
Staff at Taman Ahimsa have a rich knowledge of the local area and can also advise on places of interest around the island. They can arrange for the driver to take you wherever you would like to go and give you information on where to eat what to see when you are out and about.
Here is a taste of some of the activities you could indulge in during your stay:
- Taman Ahimsa is close to the famous sea temple at Tanah Lot. Although renowned for its sunset vistas, going early in the morning provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed, apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach where a number of cafés offer good sunset views and cold beer. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot. Note that the beach along this section of the coast is dark volcanic sand and the waters are better suited to surfing than swimming.
- Fashionistas, trendies shop-a-holics and foodies should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques and international restaurants and bars including, Potato Head Beach club, La Lucciola and Bali’s infamously trendy Ku Dé Ta. For furniture, antiques and homeware stores go for a wander around the streets of nearby Kerobokan.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Get up to some monkey business at Bali Treetop Adventure Park (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages on one of Taman Ahimsa’s 6 bicycles; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- With its warm seas, almost year-round season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world-renowned. The beaches of Canggu (11km) are known for their world-class surf breaks, offering exposed reef breaks with consistent surf. May to October (dry season) is the favoured time for waves.
- If you are a bold and brave bargain hunter, a spree within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital is an exciting and rewarding experience. Visit the vibrant Denpasar markets, where everything and anything is available.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
- Pulau Dive Charters offers luxury boat charters around the beautiful islands and waters surrounding Bali. They specialise in private fishing, surfing and diving charters and also offer unique personalised day trips to Nusa Lembongan. Perfect for a family day out on the water or with a group of friends.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions