The six-bedroom fully staffed Villa Mana offers exceptional multi-level living and spectacular rice terrace vistas in the sought-after Canggu area on Bali’s south-west coast.
This is tropical Bali living on a large scale – enormous rooms, high ceilings, oversized furniture. Open plan for easy entertaining, the vast ground level living area flows onto a broad terrace where ancient frangipani trees shade the infinity edge pool, seemingly suspended above the garden and surrounding rice fields. Another terrace on the second floor offers acres of oversized daybeds. Guests may also retreat into the air-conditioned comfort of the large entertainment room and TV room/study or retire to the bedroom suites – all equally spacious, with stunning bathrooms and colossal ceiling-to-floor sliding glass doors opening onto the terrace or garden.
The minimalist modern architecture – clean lines, contemporary furnishings, expanses of polished concrete – imaginatively incorporate local materials to create statement walls of rough-hewn river stone, woven rattan, patterned silk and stained tropical hardwood.
Villa Mana is perfect for extended families or groups of friends who enjoy holidaying together yet appreciate loads of breathing space. Small kids will love the wading pool and baskets of toys, while older kids will be drawn to the mountain bikes, flat ‘football-pitch’ garden, and media room with Xbox and table football. And adults may well appreciate the full-time staff complete with resident cook, and myriad private corners where they can slip away from the crowd for some peace and quiet.
Hidden behind high walls in the traditional village of Babakan, afloat on a sea of rice fields, Villa Mana accords guests the privilege of witnessing the rhythms of an authentic and largely unchanged way of life. And yet the 21st Century pleasures of Seminyak are a mere 10km away. Even closer to home are spectacular stretches of black sand beach and world-class surf breaks.
- Spacious communal open air lounge/dining area with 12-seater wooden table, comfortable deep cushioned sofas and Bose sound system
- Chic black décor complementing stone walls and poured concrete floors
- Custom designed furniture
- Casual seating / pool side dining area with 12-seater table
- Enormous air conditioned entertainment room / children’s playroom with 2.3 x 1.2m satellite projection screen TV/ DVD player, Fusball (table football), books, toys and games
- Additional air conditioned rooftop TV room with flat screen TV /DVD player and black leather furnishings
- Elaborate hanging gardens, sweeping lawns and tropical palms trees
- 18 x 6 metre infinity-edge swimming pool with timber deck, sunloungers and pool pavilion
- Expansive roof top deck with 180 degree views stretching to the sea, furnished with daybeds, umbrellas and outdoor wooden table for 12
- Amazing rice field views
UPSTAIRS MASTER BEDROOMS
- Two master bedrooms are located at roof top level
- King-size beds crafted in leather, huge mirrors and black lamps
- Walls of glass, and Chinese-styled sliding doors
- Huge en suite bathrooms with dressing area, and walk in rain shower
- Deep Japanese-style wooden bath tubs for two
- Air conditioned
DOWNSTAIRS GUEST BEDROOMS
- Three en suite bedrooms on the ground floor
- Glass doors opening onto the lawn
- King-size beds, built in wardrobes and desks
- Partially open air bathrooms with circular bathtub and rain shower
- One of the rooms has leather clad wardrobe, skylight roof, twin vanities and semi private deck with round daybed
- Air conditioned
- Twin beds
- Shared bathroom with adjacent office/store room
- Square tub, and rain shower with pandanus palm that reaches towards the semi-open glass roof
- Air conditioned
Villa Mana is hidden away in the village of Babakan in the popular district of Canggu on Bali’s south-west coast. Opposite the villa entrance is an important village temple, Pura Kahyangan, and beyond Villa Mana’s gardens are rice terraces stretching to the horizon. The villa has a ringside seat on an authentic way of life that has remained constant over generations. A gentle bike ride along quiet roads guided by the villa staff accords fascinating glimpses into this largely unchanged world and its hard to believe that Seminyak’s acclaimed restaurants, nightspots and boutiques are just 10 kilometres away. The world-class surf breaks and sunset views of Echo Beach are a 5-minute drive away, as is the famed Tanah Lot sea temple and award-winning Nirwana Bali Golf course.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
STEVEN F, HONG KONG