Set in a sea of terraced rice paddies that gradually slope down to the glimmering Indian Ocean, Villa Mandalay’s picture-perfect views provide a colourful glimpse into traditional life in the Balinese countryside.
Three contemporary Balinese-style pavilions are arranged around a 25-metre swimming pool, which forms a magnificent focal point to the villa. A rustic bamboo pavilion surrounded by water gardens at the end of the pool offers unobstructed views and makes a lovely setting for sunny breakfasts and candle-lit dinners. Living areas and bedrooms are adorned with an eclectic collection of Indonesian artwork including avian-themed paintings, carved wooden statues from Kalimantan, and ethnic artefacts.
With the option of renting either four, six or seven bedrooms Mandalay offers plenty of flexibility for groups of friends and for families; while the lush lawns and dramatic setting also make the villa an ideal venue for weddings of up to 250 guests.
Mandalay’s unique charms extend to a six-hole pitch and putt golf course set into lower gardens, a Finnish-style sauna overlooking a lotus pond, and a mezzanine-level home theatre with 62-inch satellite TV and DVD player.
A team of friendly and professional staff includes a talented chef who prepares meals from an extensive suggestion menu of Western and Asian dishes, with delicious Balinese-themed menus a specialty. A car and driver is also on hand should you wish to explore the island (extra charges apply).
Villa Mandalay is located in the Seseh Tanah-Lot area, on Bali’s south-west coast, and nearby attractions include the rugged black-sand beach of Seseh, the picturesque (and challenging) world-class Nirwana Bali Golf Course, and the beautiful sea temple, Pura Tanah Lot.
Those in search of scenic views in a serene setting will find their dreams come true at Mandalay.
- Massage room with sauna and plunge pool on garden level
- Large dining hall in main pavilion with seating for 16 as well as a bar and surround sound speaker system
- Two comfortable seating areas either side of dining table
- Home theatre on mezzanine above dining hall with 62-inch flat screen TV and large floor cushions
- Pitch and putt golf green in the garden
- Open-sided dining and living bale with seating for 12 at end of pool with great views
- 25-metre pool with timber decking, sun loungers and umbrellas
- All bedrooms are air-conditioned and furnished with king-size beds
- All feature timber floors, TVs, dressing areas and ensuite bathrooms
- The six bedrooms at pool level are all similarly sized and designed
- Two master bedrooms adjacent to the living pavilion
- Four guest rooms open onto the pool deck
- Studio room at garden level
Villa Mandalay boasts a beautiful rural Balinese setting in the tiny village of Munggu, close to Seseh Beach and Tanah Lot. The villa looks across acres of rice-fields, unchanged for centuries, and onwards to the glinting Indian Ocean, just 3km away. A scenic stroll or short drive will bring you to the black sands of Seseh Beach, while the iconic Tanah Lot sea temple, international-award-winning Nirwana Bali Golf Course and neighbouring Pan Pacific Resort, which offers a number of good restaurants, are all close by. Many new interesting cafes, beach bars, restaurants and boutiques are springing up along the beach roads of nearby Canggu, and cosmopolitan Seminyak is just 13km from the villa. A car and driver is available to guests at a reasonable daily rate.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
MANDY N, SINGAPORE