Umah Daun is an imposing five-bedroom villa presiding over rice fields just north of Umalas village in Bali’s popular Canggu district. The villa’s super-sized rooms are spread across an interlinked series of pavilions capped with extraordinary leaf-shaped roofs – umah daun means leaf house in the Indonesian language.
Acclaimed Bali architect Jeghier is behind the distinctive design aesthetic – exciting light-filled spaces that flow seamlessly towards the rice fields beyond curved walls of fully retractable bi-fold glass doors. Everything is over-sized for optimum sociability and comfort, from the double-height living room with two distinct seating areas to the huge dining table sculpted from a five-metre slab of solid wood, to the dining bale by the extra-long pool and the enormous sunset roof terrace. The five bedroom suites are equally generous in size, with supremely comfortable beds and large bathrooms.
Umah Daun’s extensive facilities will keep guests busy all day; there’s a games room with pool table and table football, a media room with 60-inch TV, and a library. Kids are well catered for too, with their own playroom with TV, Nintendo Wii and games, a two-level tree house, and a large wading pool sectioned off from the main pool. Looking after all guests is the nine-strong staff, including an accomplished chef.
With its stunning design, uncompromising quality and excellent facilities, Umah Daun will appeal to families and groups of friends who appreciate the luxury of abundant indoor and outdoor spaces and entertainment options while relishing the proximity to Bali’s famed sunset beaches and Seminyak’s best restaurants, bars and boutiques a short taxi ride away.
- Stunning air-conditioned and fan-cooled living pavilion with soaring leaf-shaped roof
- Air-conditioned and fan-cooled dining room with table seating 14
- Superbly equipped open-plan kitchen with climate-controlled wine room
- Air-conditioned media room with 60-inch satellite channel TV, DVD player and Sonos Playbar surround-sound system
- Air-conditioned library with leather armchairs
- Air-conditioned billiard room with billiard table, table football and 40-inch TV
- Children's playroom with 40-inch TV and lots of board games and toys
- Children's two-level 'tree house'
- Large dining bale with table for 12, bar counter and kitchenette
- Raised deck area protected by a sail shade
- 17-metre swimming pool with sunken lava-stone recliners and 7-metre wading pool for the kids
- Huge roof terrace with bar and seating
- Palatial second-level master suite opening onto a large deck overlooking the rice terraces
- Antique king-size bed under a soaring leaf-shaped roof
- Huge marble-lined bathroom with multi-jet monsoon shower, double basins and statement bathtub
- Two large walk-in wardrobes
- Four guest bedrooms with king-size beds, three of which convert to twins
- Light-filled marble-lined bathrooms with walk-in showers and statement bathtubs (in three).
Overlooking an expanse of working rice fields, Umah Daun rests at the end of a cul-de-sac in a quiet Balinese residential area just north of the village of Umalas. ATMs, a mini-mart, a bakery and a health food store are within walking distance, and it’s only a five-kilometre drive to Seminyak’s chic shops and restaurants, or seven to surfing hot-spot Berawa Beach.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
ASHLEY M, INDONESIA