Arnalaya Beach House is a masterpiece of contemporary beachside design set in tropical gardens with a private tennis court, gym and spa that entwine to create the ultimate destination for surfside living.
Architectural genius Sonny Chan collaborated with interior design guru Albano Daminato to fashion a five-bedroom residence with a stand-alone gym and spa plus a game changing entertainment bale overlooking the Indian Ocean. This is a serious party zone with it’s own kitchen, barbecue and seating for more than a dozen people. With the ocean just metres away and a shimmering 20-metre salt-water pool by its side, this open pavilion is the last word in outdoor dining and your private chef is ever on hand to produce the ultimate gourmet feasts. Despite strong temptation to stay put, those exploring beyond this heavenly retreat will soon discover themselves to be only a gentle walk away from an exciting collection of funky cafes and eateries in Bali’s most up and coming district of Canggu.
In the main house bedrooms have gorgeous sculptural terrazzo walls and clean lines that contrast with stylish canopied beds and sitting areas. Timber walls are closets keeping the minimal tone sharp. Two bedrooms have mesmerising ocean views from their freestanding baths set before huge bay windows while a further two bedrooms also enjoy fantastic sea views.
Families and sports fiends will adore the private tennis court with its ball machine and huge racket selection, pool, gym, spa and perfectly placed yoga platforms to catch the sunrise and watch over the Hindu rituals at a nearby fisherman’s temple. The entertainment room, meanwhile, is fully loaded and ready to roar with TV, board games, music, arts gear and books galore.
With 35-metres of ocean frontage, a team of 16 dedicated staff and an abundance of space, Arnalaya Beach House is a retreat that sings a siren song of a fantasy family holiday, a dream wedding and party venue, or a perfect surfside get away for a group of savvy travellers.
- Air-conditioned second floor living and dining area with big ocean views
- Formal indoor dining for 14
- Entertainment room with TV, sound system, Wii, board games and books
- Spa room with twin massage beds
- Well-equipped gym
- Massive ocean-front lounge and dining balé with built-in barbecue and kitchen area
- 20 x 8-metre private swimming pool
- Pool deck and sun loungers
- Full size private tennis court
- 2 pairs of mirror-image bedroom with canopied four-poster beds that can be configured as a king or twins
- Sumptuous ensuite bathroom with a freestanding bathtub in front of a bay window overlooking the sea, rain shower, sculptured terrazzo walls
- Bose ceiling speakers and TV in a closet
- Desk and lounge area
- Canopied four-poster bed can be configured as a king or twins
- Open bathroom with stand alone bathtub and separate shower
- Additional pull-down single bed
- Minimalist design cupboards that conceal television and utilities
- The gym is easily converted to a sixth bedroom for larger guest groups
- Two cleverly concealed single beds pull down from built-in wall units
- Two additional portable single beds available for this room or other rooms
- Ensuite shower room
Arnalaya Beach House looks down over beautiful, unspoiled Nelayan Beach, a strip of fisherman’s huts, colourful fishing boats and a sacred temple, at the end of one of Canggu’s most exclusive roads. Beach bums will adore the location, which offers everything from beers on the sands served from a coolbox, to groovy sunset sessions at the uber chilled Old’s Mans beach bar. The famous Echo Beach – less than a ten-minute walk along the ocean’s edge – has a great seafood barbecue and sunset surfing. Seminyak with its fine dining, funky clubs and chic shopping is 20 minutes south. Head north and you will soon reach and the Greg Norman designed Nirwana Golf Club that over looks the important sea temple of Tanah Lot.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online
TEGAN C, AUSTRALIA