Villa Yin is one of Phuket’s true luxury rental gems. Inspired by respected Thai architect Charupan Wiriyawiwatt, this superbly staffed palace of the senses mixes elements of classic Thai architecture and antiques with a dazzling collection of contemporary art. Situated within an exclusive private estate on a scenic headland just south of Kamala, this unique four/five-bedroomed villa overlooks the turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea from every room.
Inside, 14th and 15th century Thai Buddhas and ancient Burmese gongs share space with modern works by artists Xiu Ciu Wen, David LaChapelle and Andy Warhol. Sleek, sensual interiors, a black marble pool and natural granite highlight the design aesthetic throughout the property along with glass, pebble and bamboo accents to bring nature indoors in Yin’s unique style. Among the many luxurious features of this villa are a wine cellar, media room with projector and a sauna.
Villa Yin’s living and sleeping pavilions are arranged over three levels, connected via stairways, colonnaded walkways and wide sunny decks that offer seemingly limitless opportunities for relaxation under the tropical sun. Four bedrooms, including a sumptuous master suite and private guest pavilion on the villa’s uppermost level (with a living room that can be converted to a fifth bedroom on request), all offer ocean views. A 18-metre pool merges seamlessly with the horizon and a big decked area houses a 12-seater outdoor dining table and built-in barbecue area. The open-plan living, dining and kitchen pavilion, with its vaulted roof, black décor and floor-to-ceiling glass is a living gallery, yet has a tangibly homely feel.
Guests at Villa Yin are looked after by a charming live-in manager, hugely talented chef, and team of friendly housekeeping and service staff. The villa is about 30 minutes drive from Phuket International Airport, 15 minutes from the famous nightlife of Patong and 45 minutes from Phuket Town.
- Expansive modern open-plan indoor lounging and entertaining area with large sofas and a variety of areas to relax opening onto a large outdoor decked areas
- Exceptional collection of art and antiques displayed in living rooms and bedrooms
- Full service modern kitchen with high-end appliances and breakfast bar
- Formal dining area adjoining kitchen and lounge with seating for six people
- Home entertainment room with full media/communications facilities and LCD projector
- Indoor/outdoor massage rooms/areas
- Air conditioning throughout
- 18m, infinity edge, black marble swimming pool with furnished deck
- Ocean view lounge sala on top level
- Large barbecue and entertainment deck with seating for 12
- Furnished deck between guest and master bedrooms
- Guest pavilion alfresco lounge area and sun deck
- All bedrooms have private outdoor terrace/balcony seating
- Two-car covered parking
- Spacious vaulted room with king-size bed and stunning original artwork
- Wrap-around decking with outdoor jacuzzi tub and ocean views
- Ensuite bathroom with double vanity, chandelier-lit soaker tub and monsoon shower
- Office area with desk and computer monitor
- Large walk-in closet
- Flat screen TV/DVD; cordless phone; air conditioning
ORANGE & BLUE GUEST BEDROOMS
- Queen-size bed, funky hanging chair and floor-to-ceiling windows onto furnished ocean-view balcony
- Ensuite bathroom with vanity, shower and separate wc
- Walk-in closet
- Cordless phone; ceiling fan and air conditioning
- Top level, ocean-view bedroom with king-size bed and large closet
- Large living room convertible to 5th bedroom with roll-out couch (sleeps 2)
- Wrap-around decking with ocean views
- Bathroom with vanity and separate soaker tub, shower and toilet
- Bar fridge and microwave
- Air conditioning and fan
Set on a forest-clad hillside within the exclusive Cape Amarin private estate, Villa Yin is one of several luxury villas that have sprung up along this sought-after stretch of Phuket’s west coast known as ‘Millionaires’ Mile’. Villa Yin’s tranquil location lends it a secluded feel yet it’s less than a half hour’s drive from many of Phuket’s best leisure, shopping and nightlife choices. There’s a steep private pathway leading from the villa down to the rocky seashore, though swimming here is not advisable for much of the year because of the strong currents.
About a kilometre to the north of the villa is the Paresa resort with its excellent restaurant and spa, and a few kilometres beyond that is Kamala Beach, a family-friendly resort town with a long stretch of soft sand and more restaurants, shops and beach activities to explore. The bustling beach and nightlife scene of Patong lies seven kilometres to the south.
PLACES OF INTEREST:
Chat with us online